Jump to content Jump to content

turn off driver transfer?

Nope, not currently.  It'll never be possible in MyTeam to turn them off as that negates the whole point of the game mode.

For driver career though;  it's with the developers. Not sure what they'll choose to do. Personally I hope cede control over what happens and you can choose when and where people go. However, I expect it'll just be an On/End of Season/Off option. 

15 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Nope, not currently.  It'll never be possible in MyTeam to turn them off as that negates the whole point of the game mode.

I don't understand why it would never be possible in MyTeam? Surely the 'whole point of the game mode' is to run your own team, not constantly move drivers around mid season.

2 minutes ago, Morsify said:

I don't understand why it would never be possible in MyTeam? Surely the 'whole point of the game mode' is to run your own team, not constantly move drivers around mid season.

Well, you'd be unable to select who your teammate was if you couldn't actually have the option to choose one after the original screen.   Unless the option for driver transfers was exclusive to only the Owner/Driver team and it was a straight swap for whichever F2 driver you hired at the start?   That wouldn't exactly be fair gameplay and would be a waste of effort to include it as a means to inconvenience AI teams. 

Unless i'm missing something blindingly obvious, being able to choose a teammate out of like 6 F2 candidates and then being lumbered with them for 10 years while Alfa Romeo are trapped with a 51 year old Kimi with awful stats is a weird idea? 

No, I just think, as in real life, the player should of course choose their team at the beginning, and then be able to make driver changes for the start of each season. In other words, I think it should be the same for career and MyTeam i.e driver transfers out of season only.

Obviously this is only my personal preference, and others might like different choices, which is why I am disappointed those choices have disappeared (so far) this year.

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Morsify said:

No, I just think, as in real life, the player should of course choose their team at the beginning, and then be able to make driver changes for the start of each season. In other words, I think it should be the same for career and MyTeam i.e driver transfers out of season only.

Obviously this is only my personal preference, and others might like different choices, which is why I am disappointed those choices have disappeared (so far) this year.

I get that.  It's only when your driver is underperforming that you'd want to bin them off.  For teams like Red Bull who have Alpha Tauri, it's the only time I can see a mid-season transfer in real-life taking place and it wouldn't be a swap as Perez wouldn't go to Alpha Tauri. 

in game, I'd just want to have more control over who goes where and when. In your case, you would only use your power to change it at the end of each year.  My Driver Career already got curtailed with Mercedes bring in Laursen mid-season so I completely understand your viewpoint but i'd not be overly chuffed if they brought Laursen in at the end of a season neither. 

this it's really stupid... in 2019 and 2020 option it's avaiable... i don't want, on mid cahampionship, transter like hamilton on ferrari, and verstappen on mercedes... it's stupid, and on the end of season, the transfer, need mode realistic, like f2 pilot on haas and mick or nikita on alfa... not vettel on alphatauri for example... for this reason i wan't turn off...

3 minutes ago, skylinegtr34 said:

this it's really stupid... in 2019 and 2020 option it's avaiable... i don't want, on mid cahampionship, transter like hamilton on ferrari, and verstappen on mercedes... it's stupid, and on the end of season, the transfer, need mode realistic, like f2 pilot on haas and mick or nikita on alfa... not vettel on alphatauri for example... for this reason i wan't turn off...

I get that but I don't think the two options should be 1. Bizarre Transfers  and 2. No transfers at all.

It's very black and white that way. Realistic transfers would be better and, for that reason, i'd want to be able manually control driver transfers. 

7 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I get that but I don't think the two options should be 1. Bizarre Transfers  and 2. No transfers at all.

It's very black and white that way. Realistic transfers would be better and, for that reason, i'd want to be able manually control driver transfers. 

I understand, that's fair, and if they add that choice then that's a result.

Personally I'd just be happy to have the 2019 options back in - mid season, out of season, or none at all. Having your suggestion as a 4th option would be a massive result. Fingers crossed, at least the devs are looking at it.

Edited by Morsify
Spelling/grammar