Sign in to follow this  

The AI are jerks :|

First this

http://youtu.be/_PLlhUfN8Yk

Then this a half lap later, on the final corner.

http://youtu.be/LGq6LUJ5NKg

http://youtu.be/kOELGo8s6ck

Finished 16th :|

you rough them up buy any chance :p
No actually, I had lead early and run off. They went by and when he rammed me in the first vid was the first contact I'd had with him.

If it counts all races, I'm sure I got into the ravenwest car before. It didn't really bother me at the end, I just chalked it up to (him)over driving at the end of a race, it happens. But the kicker car was a D-bag, tried to take us both (me and the RW car) out. Maybe he just don't like BMW :p

Edit : You can bet I'll be roughing up those Kicker cars in the future though o.o

well I did read rastus say the AI can get a little aggressive if you bump and grind too much with them that's the reason why I asked.

Can't comment to much myself as I don't have it yet. Can't wait to get started

Man Ravenwest are really nasty in Touring Cars, I even got shoved off the track because of them. I went a bit wide one time (not to much from the track) and tried to rejoin the track and Nathan (if I remember correctly) just slammed my driver side like I wasn't even there lol. :D

I don't see the problem here. That kind of driving was considered clean in grid 2. It's OK....he didn't mean to do it. He was on bonnet cam. He was using a wheel.

I don't see the problem here. That kind of driving was considered clean in grid 2. It's OK....he didn't mean to do it. He was on bonnet cam. He was using a wheel.
I think he took lessons from that Inusshka-Grid guy (or whatever his name is/was. I tried finding his whinging thread but couldn't. :P )

You were struggling to keep it on the track for the 2nd crash, you were trying to pass on the outside with an ever closing gap and that is before you consider the car you tried to pass was Ravenwest.

2nd incident

you lost handling and 2 wheels go offtrack

he drive straight close to you, giving you space which you have already - 2 wheels offroad and 2 wheels ontrack

but when you start spin, YOU bump him

About 1st incident - bad cams

ps

as for me its better than grid 1 when all cars give you space

I don't mind banging fenders with the AI, but their cars are much harder to throw off balance compared to your own car.  If they hit your front end in a turn, you'll most likely spin.  Do the same to them and it's as if their car weighs 8000 pounds.  They brush you off their proverbial shoulder like a minor nuisance.  The laws of physics need to apply to everyone on track.  Humans and A.I. alike.

Learn how to race, then race the cars instead of smashing them. If you hit them expect them to hit you back. If someone online hits me I hit them back. The trouble in grid 2 is/was people seem oblivious to the fact they have me or someone else. How can you T-bone someone and not know? It's really simple when you fully understand how to race. Rubbing may happen, but rubbing isn't ramming. In grid 2 you couldn't get close enough for any rubbing. The slightest touch of another car, and someone is going spinning.

I'm pretty sure the rule in motorsport is, when you have half your car on the inside line of the car you're trying to pass, he doesn't turn into you and risk taking himself out.  He either holds his line and continues to fight, alongside you, or gives up the corner and lets you pass.  In Autosport, it seems the A.I. drivers are wearing horse blinders and just turn in regardless of your position on the inside line.

gor said:

2nd incident

you lost handling and 2 wheels go offtrack

he drive straight close to you, giving you space which you have already - 2 wheels offroad and 2 wheels ontrack

but when you start spin, YOU bump him

About 1st incident - bad cams

ps

as for me its better than grid 1 when all cars give you space

You may want to watch the slow mo replay again lol. I had 1 wheel off the track and never went back towards him before he pushed me off.

Like I had said above though, it doesn't really bother me, since that kind of stuff happens in racing all the time lol. He's still a jerk though :P
Andi said:
You were struggling to keep it on the track for the 2nd crash, you were trying to pass on the outside with an ever closing gap and that is before you consider the car you tried to pass was Ravenwest.
I knew what I was getting myself into lol. But it was my last chance to gain position. A position I would have already had if the Kicker car hadn't rammed both me and the RW car :p
Learn how to race, then race the cars instead of smashing them. If you hit them expect them to hit you back. If someone online hits me I hit them back. The trouble in grid 2 is/was people seem oblivious to the fact they have me or someone else. How can you T-bone someone and not know? It's really simple when you fully understand how to race. Rubbing may happen, but rubbing isn't ramming. In grid 2 you couldn't get close enough for any rubbing. The slightest touch of another car, and someone is going spinning.
MaX is right though. The AI cars are a bit too planted. You don't need to Tbone them to figure that out lol.

Man Ravenwest are really nasty in Touring Cars, I even got shoved off the track because of them. I went a bit wide one time (not to much from the track) and tried to rejoin the track and Nathan (if I remember correctly) just slammed my driver side like I wasn't even there lol. :D
It's only Nathan McKane. I've never had problems with his teammate Arron something.

Awong124 said:
It's only Nathan McKane. I've never had problems with his teammate Arron something.
Yeah he deffinetely looks like an aggressive one

I'll admit - that Ravenwest car trolled pretty good.

Made me smile. And then I realised that this is going to 'teach' all the kids how to play online, and now I'm worried that my first online race is going to be a clusterbutt of Ravenwest driving...

Oh god, come on Friday, this is killing me.

KazzyMac said:
I'll admit - that Ravenwest car trolled pretty good.

Made me smile. And then I realised that this is going to 'teach' all the kids how to play online, and now I'm worried that my first online race is going to be a clusterbutt of Ravenwest driving...

Oh god, come on Friday, this is killing me.
Me too I really want to take Nathan McKane on and beat him at his own game as well

Can't you guys see It is just same F12012/'13 retarded AI and that's all...copy and paste.

hola said:
Can't you guys see It is just same F12012/'13 retarded AI and that's all...copy and paste.
even if it's similar to F1 2012 is that so bad? I actually enjoyed racing against the AI of F1 2012 anyway which kind of counters your argument there.