Jump to content Jump to content

Separating Decals from Car Livery / Race Suit / Helmet

Although this year's livery designs in general had definitely try to address the issue from 2020 of decals getting washed away by the design itself, sadly decals on the car livery are still linked with both race suit and helmet that goes along with it.

At the moment, in most cases where a design or color scheme of a car livery that would work well with multiple color decals, they won't work on the race suit and helmet without compromises if we can't select decals for race suit and helmet independently and separate from the car livery itself. We're pretty much stuck with only being able to make designs with only decals that are all with the same color, except for the decals located at the rear section of the car (2x rear wing, 1x engine intake, 1x side pods) because they're not present on the race suits. 

It will really opens up quite a lot more combinations of color schemes we could use for the car livery if the decals are separate, I'm sure the designers behind the livery would have a lot more freedom too if they were also aware of this issue.

Speaking of decals, I've also made a suggestion of allowing the use of decals purchased from the shop & podium pass to be use in MyTeam mode as cosmetic item:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/80945-please-make-the-special-decals-from-the-shop-usable-in-myteam/

As well as an issue of some sponsor decals that are present in MyTeam mode, but for some reason that are absent from the multiplayer car customization:

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Although this year's livery designs in general had definitely try to address the issue from 2020 of decals getting washed away by the design itself, sadly decals on the car livery are still linked with both race suit and helmet that goes along with it.

At the moment, in most cases where a design or color scheme of a car livery that would work well with multiple color decals, they won't work on the race suit and helmet without compromises if we can't select decals for race suit and helmet individually and separate from the car livery itself. We're pretty much stuck with only being able to make designs with only decals that are all with the same color, except for the decals located at the rear section of the car (2x rear wing, 1x engine intake, 1x side pods) because they're not present on the race suits. 

It will really opens up quite a lot more combinations of color schemes we could use for the car livery if the decals are separate, I'm sure the designers behind the livery would have a lot more freedom too if they were also aware of this issue.

Speaking of decals, I've also made a suggestion of allowing the use of decals purchased from the shop & podium pass to be use in MyTeam mode as cosmetic item:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/80945-please-make-the-special-decals-from-the-shop-usable-in-myteam/

As well as an issue of some sponsor decals that are present in MyTeam mode, but for some reason that are absent from the multiplayer car customization:

I agree with this. My main issue is clashing of colours - as you suggest, perhaps a good interim step would be if we can change the colours of the sponsors found on livery, helmets, suits and  gloves independently.

• Agree 1