Jump to content Jump to content

Mechanical failure

I’m in a driver career w/ Haas. I’ve had Jeff tell me we have an engine problem. Then after that nothing happens, car runs fine, times don’t change, & the call 2 pits button disappears. I can’t say anything back. My screens show nothing wrong @ all. I finish the race w/ out issue. Afterwards the team apologizes profusely & I get a resource point bonus. But nothing happened, I finished just fine. I thought I would have 2 retire the car 4 my “Mechanical failure”. This has happened twice now. The exact same way on the exact same track (France). Has anyone experienced this? Has anyone had 2 retire the car 4 a failure? Is this supposed 2 happen or is it a bug? I wanted the Realism of having my 1st “ mechanical failure“. Disappointed!

44 minutes ago, greenmind73 said:

I’m in a driver career w/ Haas. I’ve had Jeff tell me we have an engine problem. Then after that nothing happens, car runs fine, times don’t change, & the call 2 pits button disappears. I can’t say anything back. My screens show nothing wrong @ all. I finish the race w/ out issue. Afterwards the team apologizes profusely & I get a resource point bonus. But nothing happened, I finished just fine. I thought I would have 2 retire the car 4 my “Mechanical failure”. This has happened twice now. The exact same way on the exact same track (France). Has anyone experienced this? Has anyone had 2 retire the car 4 a failure? Is this supposed 2 happen or is it a bug? I wanted the Realism of having my 1st “ mechanical failure“. Disappointed!

I’ve had an engine issue that slowed me down for a few laps then was fine. Most recently i was forced to retire 9 laps from the end at Baku, when in P2 😩.

Turns out the turbo failed. Now i cant use that part and will need to take grid penalty further down the line. I love it, much more realistic.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

I’ve had an engine issue that slowed me down for a few laps then was fine. Most recently i was forced to retire 9 laps from the end at Baku, when in P2 😩.

Turns out the turbo failed. Now i cant use that part and will need to take grid penalty further down the line. I love it, much more realistic.

I love it!!! That’s what I want! Complete realism! Can’t wait 4 that 2 happen 2 me!

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, greenmind73 said:

I love it!!! That’s what I want! Complete realism! Can’t wait 4 that 2 happen 2 me!

To be fair i was gutted. I’m in S2 of my team and that could have been my first win. Hamilton was on a 2 stop so i would have taken lead when he pitted.

and then i had to deal with the interview from claire!

37 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

I already made a bug report about this some days ago. Don't know if they saw it but we'll need to wait to see if its patched or not.

At this point I’ve raced 2 more races & Jeff hasn’t spoken once & I can’t call him. Not sure what’s that’s all about. 

2 hours ago, greenmind73 said:

I had the same. One of my engine components reached 50% around the time Jeff mentioned I had an issue.

I previously played in F2 and had two engine failures (DNF).

So far no DNFs in my F1 career (Driver).

I wonder if DNF's are only working in my team mode and in driver career this bug is happening instead. I'll update if I have a DNF in driver career.

2 minutes ago, greenmind73 said:

Update: resetting the game brought Jeff back. Seems I only lose him after the fault message. Then I have 2 reset game b4 he comes back. It’s happened twice now. 

The problem is that you only can do that in myteam or mycareer because of mid session save. In two player career you can't just leave like that, making you race without any information about warnings or other stuff

2 hours ago, Sadler said:

I wonder if DNF's are only working in my team mode and in driver career this bug is happening instead. I'll update if I have a DNF in driver career.

I already had DNF's in all game modes where it is possible to get it, so be sure you have the right settings buddy.

I noticed that some settings change when you go like between game modes, as I play with simulation in both damages and for some reason they change sometimes.

31 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

I had it now the first time with my aston martin in Baku,there was a "Software glitch on the ers" (jeff said) couldn't use overtake for a couple of laps. Love it 👌

Yea, I’ve had some faults like that n driver career. Ers & drs faults so far. Just no dnfs. 

I had 1 dnf by the MGUH failure (and it was the brand new one), what a failed batch lol.

Had a gearbox problem which failed my seventh gear and other was the second. 3 races with ERS problems (time for a antivirus upgrade) and one race with the drs stuck down and one UP. 

Boy oh boy is my team that cheap lmao. On my Singapore race I felt all the way back to the 90s with 6 retirements by mechanical failures.

21 minutes ago, rally36738289 said:

Hope AI race's spectator mode after mechanical failure's DNF.

Race simulate is unrealstic.(e.g. No more AI's DNF after Player's DNF)

No the race is over after a dnf,saw it on a Youtube vid. Your driver goes to the Garage and then this is it.

I’m happy they added this option. In my first driver career season in ‘21 I had both options on Low and easily won the championship because my competitors had 2-3 DNFs each. For my second season I upped Frequency to Standard and Types to High. Hopefully my second will be more competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update: I FINALLY got my 1st dnf from an engine failure! I was so excited I couldn’t stop talking bout it! My wife couldn’t believe I was this giddy about finishing last! It’s what I’ve been waiting 4 on this game, 2 me it was the biggest thing missing.  Here’s 2 more dnf’s! 🍻

• Haha 2
On 8/2/2021 at 4:35 PM, greenmind73 said:

Another update: I FINALLY got my 1st dnf from an engine failure! I was so excited I couldn’t stop talking bout it! My wife couldn’t believe I was this giddy about finishing last! It’s what I’ve been waiting 4 on this game, 2 me it was the biggest thing missing.  Here’s 2 more dnf’s! 🍻

What kind of wear did you have on those parts? Were they red or still green? If the latter, then this sounds promising! 

1 hour ago, Syrjaelae said:

What kind of wear did you have on those parts? Were they red or still green? If the latter, then this sounds promising! 

It was my MGU-H that failed. It only had 33% wear on it, so it was definitely green. 

• Agree 1

I've had Jeff warn me about engine issues three times in eight races in MyTeam so far - one resulting in an actual DNF in Singapore (which was crushing, because it's my favourite and best circuit), and twice nothing actually happened.

My Control Electronics was the culprit for my retirement and was relatively fresh still - certainly less than 40% wear.

I definitely welcome these random failures to add a touch more realism and potential for heatbreak into the game.

Not only does it even things up with the AI who were the only ones at risk of DNFing previously, it also means you can never be sure that you'll get that good result or that win until you've literally taken the chequered flag, which really enhances the experience as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree 2