Jump to content Jump to content

Mechanical failure

Well yesterday I got a DNF with a 10% control eletronics when leading the race in Spain with 8 laps to go and a gap of about 8 seconds from behind.

Felt bad at the start as it was my second CE and I was leading but at the same time I was satisfied in the way of knowing that this can finnaly happen to us players.

However this came out of nowhere because early in the race I had an ERS glitch and Jeff message got stuck technically half the race. With that I was not warned about the engine problem and it just appeared in the MFD with a red signal. That bug really annoys me when it happens in the two player career. You just can't do anything. Codies pls fix!

17 hours ago, greenmind73 said:

It was my MGU-H that failed. It only had 33% wear on it, so it was definitely green. 

This sounds promising. I've been wanting random failures for player for years now! Only wish that the "vehicle condition" prompt actually worked tho... 😏🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, diderooy said:

So it was a radio failure? 😁

This is a Bug,just replay the last second and it is back

Just had a hard one,Bahrain second season,first Podium ever insight,was leading...gearbox gone mid race, dnf,Park the car mate 😭

• Like 1

I haven't had any DNF after my first one, I wish I was as lucky as you guys

I gotta stop using flashbacks though, looks like that's a culprit in failures not working

1 hour ago, stuffedpenguin said:

Until they patch the mid session save causing simulation settings to change back to off / no damage, I can’t play career. It’s so frustrating. 

Im glad a go through this forum as Im forever finding out about bugs I never knew existed , I will keep my eye on this now

1 hour ago, stuffedpenguin said:

Until they patch the mid session save causing simulation settings to change back to off / no damage, I can’t play career. It’s so frustrating. 

??? What is this? Never heard from this

Well, I guess Mr Stroll Sr. is not so happy this season...best equipped facility is the yellow one (missing the englisch Word for it)

BAH - GEARBOX WAS NEW

ESP - GEARBOX 2nd Race

MON - MGU (4th race)

I guess this will beca tough season, 2nd year

20210806_144305.jpg

Just had a DNF in Spa on 31st lap due to mechanical failure. Felt annoying and awesome at the same time. I was P14 and was just catching up to P13 after pitting for softs after the rain had gone and boom... engine gone. Wear was in 40%ish aswell so this is good, been waiting for years for mechanical failures.

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

Well second season is a deamon and mr Stroll Sr. would fire half of the Team.

7 races, 4 mech DNF 😱 2 of them were safe podiums...

Nice! Not 4 u, but glad it can be that frequent. I was thinking that there would b a dnf scattered here & there. But that much makes me like it that much more!

2 hours ago, greenmind73 said:

I’m not likin 2 hear that, is this my team or driver career?

Driver career with Aston Martin 2nd season.

In the first one i had 2 dnf

I have the best car behind Red Bull.

All components are Green when i start the race...maybe bad luck or a Bug (what a rhyme 😄)

2 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

Driver career with Aston Martin 2nd season.

In the first one i had 2 dnf

I have the best car behind Red Bull.

All components are Green when i start the race...maybe bad luck or a Bug (what a rhyme 😄)

Well I do kno when u 1st start they r 1 of the worst reliability teams. I wonder if that plays a part n this. 

my team, season 1 currently up to Sochi GP, had 3 DNF's from mechanical failures. 

1st was round 1, cant remember which part failed, lap 51, 14th place at the time.

2nd was all brand new parts and engine at Hungary , ECU went from 3% to 75%, and everything went to pot about 8 laps later.

3rd was in the 10th (first seasons points) at Zandvoort, again with brand new everything, lasted 1 lap after Jeff said "don't panic, but we've got a problem".

I'm not sure if I am more gutted that I lost a chance at points, or the fact every time there's a mech failure is on completely brand new equipment.

4 hours ago, Formulaoneteam said:

hello, I can't understand I'm just not from DNF Jeff tells me that there is a big problem but in the end there is nothing I have them three times got radio message but nothing.  my parameters are all activated I play in my team on xb1

Lucky you 😎 i would have won 2 races more in your case

7 hours ago, Formulaoneteam said:

hello, I can't understand I'm just not from DNF Jeff tells me that there is a big problem but in the end there is nothing I have them three times got radio message but nothing.  my parameters are all activated I play in my team on xb1

Does the message get stuck after he says that? If yes normally that prevents that engine failure to happen. Although some other can happen later in the race

8 hours ago, Formulaoneteam said:

I have exactly the same problem using PS5. It seems to be related to radio bug as I get the message from Jeff that the issue is terminal, but nothing happens. Radio is stuck and I can continue driving as normal.

I feel this is related to using flashbacks. I need to try to survive without those and see, if it helps.

• Thanks 1