Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

WRC 5: Cood Bye, Fake Rally, True Rally Game Go!

Recommended Posts

I cant believe! We seats here, and dont know, that after 20 days (october, 9) our, may be, dream game will be released! WRC series was not died, but it was rebuilded by Kilotonn Games! And we shall see all these officials locations, five tracks at each, we'll see true RALLY physics and friendly gameplay - all in much more beautifull world, than it was in Milestone times!  No words needed - simply watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQxo6Lu4PM4
And now we also see, that all promotion promises of Codemasters game was the FAKE. What a "return to origins"! We see two rally locations with cutted-off physics, we see furious Monte-Carlo and monstrous Germany. Thats all - and what now, when really scale and quality game will be released? What to do? To seat at three squalid one-mile "rally-cross" tracks and rotate it to infinity? I really wonder, who will continue with it. No, now we are free! Good bye, Fake Rally, new era of rally gaming comes! And you, who ignored all our petitons and demands, who jeer upon us with ugly physics and idiotic gameplay, - go to find new job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... take the exit, troll. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCFDa7PaTbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_eYWd-kp8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPT64q3ZdR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRcwQKHLGM




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The tracks lack bumps for the most part. It screams 'arcade' with the wider tracks and dumbed-down surfaces. I think even based on video I can say that it is a lower-quality model of the tracks than we have in DiRT: Rally. You can't be serious touting the physics. Look at the lack of body roll or weight transfer. It looks like a minor visual effect rather than any modeling of the behavior of a car. It has no apparent 'feel' of the mechanics of driving from what I see there. Very flat and not dynamic. The commentator just said something to the effect of the ability to drive on two wheels momentarily as an example of how advanced the physics are! I doubt I'll waste my time on that game unless it is super cheap at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
protheus said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... take the exit, troll. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PjVAYexJw

Have you ever seen Finland in your life? I live in Finland and that looks nothing like Finland. Even the damn trees look wrong. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWlAXSSWc0
This is how Finland looks and I'm pretty damn sure that DiRT Rally will get the look and feel of Finland A LOT better than those money thieves who release the official WRC games every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This guy stinks of LaPremier... you guys remember him? The guy who claimed that GRID and Driver: San Francisco were simulators.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
protheus said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... take the exit, troll. 



Have you ever seen Finland in your life? I live in Finland and that looks nothing like a Finland. Even the damn trees look wrong. 

This is how Finland looks and I'm pretty damn sure that DiRT Rally will get the look and feel of Finland A LOT better than those money thieves who release the official WRC games every year.
First of all, its NOT the same game as what released previous years. New developer. Then, trees like trees. Even good - better, than in many quit new games.  I dont want "authentic trees", I want RALLY SIMULATION. Just it we see at WRC 5 videos. And let it will be "wrong" trees :lol:, but 20 times more tracks with TRUE RALLY GAMEPLAY. The point is clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
protheus said:
Jepsertti said:
protheus said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... take the exit, troll. 



Have you ever seen Finland in your life? I live in Finland and that looks nothing like a Finland. Even the damn trees look wrong. 

This is how Finland looks and I'm pretty damn sure that DiRT Rally will get the look and feel of Finland A LOT better than those money thieves who release the official WRC games every year.
First of all, its NOT the same game as what released previous years. New developer. Then, trees like trees. Even good - better, than in many quit new games.  I dont want "authentic trees", I want RALLY SIMULATION. Just it we see at WRC 5 videos. And let it will be "wrong" trees :lol:, but 20 times more tracks with TRUE RALLY GAMEPLAY. The point is clear.
Haha, even the WRC 5 developers said their game is going to be and meant to be less realistic than Dirt Rally so it can appeal to a larger target audience. And the stages are much shorter there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WasabiWei said:
How is that true rally gameplay? I do not think that word means what you think it means.
All is very simple: whatch to driving wheel. Players here return to center, and when car goes left, they already rotate right, Its TRUE rally, not FAKE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
protheus said:

About you... I think, just YOU will rest here. In that game you WILL NOT be the first each event. Ha-ha.
That's right - because I'm not stupid enough to waste money on a game made by amateurs. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martakus2 said:

Haha, even the WRC 5 developers said their game is going to be and meant to be less realistic than Dirt Rally so it can appeal to a larger target audience. And the stages are much shorter there...
Who said stages shorter? You know all stages? But their number? And about Dirt Rally realism... I sob... Glue instead of rain water, quagmire instead of grass... and flat iron instead of car. Dont know, what said developer, may be, he havent really tried, may be, mean picture of Greece or Wales better. But car behaviour, especially at tarmac... its nor rally physics at all, in Fake Rally, I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
protheus said:

About you... I think, just YOU will rest here. In that game you WILL NOT be the first each event. Ha-ha.
That's right - because I'm not stupid enough to waste money on a game made by amateurs. :)
Yes, productors of Dirt 1-3 are great, great professionals... of shamefull FAKE production. Tell me, that Dirt 3 has good rally physics, I wait.
PS Google alittle, and you will found, that guy from Simbin is in the had of gamebuilding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
protheus said:
Martakus2 said:

Haha, even the WRC 5 developers said their game is going to be and meant to be less realistic than Dirt Rally so it can appeal to a larger target audience. And the stages are much shorter there...
Who said stages shorter? You know all stages? But their number? And about Dirt Rally realism... I sob... Glue instead of rain water, quagmire instead of grass... and flat iron instead of car. Dont know, what said developer, may be, he havent really tried, may be, mean picture of Greece or Wales better. But car behaviour, especially at tarmac... its nor rally physics at all, in Fake Rally, I mean.

And you say that the floating piece of shit physics I just watched few minutes of thanks to you is realistic? WRC 5 has nothing to do with realism, except that it's trying to simulate rally to a certain point where it has something to do with driving a rally car but is made arcade so people with gamepads etc. can enjoy the game on consoles. THAT IS NOT SIMULATOR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Basically, folks... TLDR:

He's bad at driving Dirt Rally and can't find ways to improve, and therefore, by his logic, Dirt Rally is bad. It is much easier to learn GRID and Driver San Francisco... and WRC 5. Therefore they must be more realistic. Even though the devs themselves have said that WRC 5 is not a simulator, it's a simulator.

Just nod your head at him and smile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@protheus you obviously didn't hear, or understand, what he said about the cars handling on tarmac, because otherwise you wouldn't have come in here laughing about how it handles better than D:R.

@ 9:29 in the video "I would say, if you've played Dirt Rally recently on the German stages and you've jumped onto this, I don't think you'd have a huge problem adapting to the tarmac at least"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe if he could come up with some constructive arguments instead of this rambling we'd actually have a good topic going. Think of that next time you create an account, LaPremier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Might as well say that Sega Rally is also simulation. Seriously Dirt Rally is as good as it gets when it comes to simulation and so far is the rally game that has the best feeling of driving ever, and still improving.

Just lol at saying WRC 5 is simulation, even if it was I doubt Kt games could do accurate physics. Literally a waste of a good license. Even Evolution Studios did way better WRC games, despite not being simulations (although WRC Rally Evolved came closer to that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol WRC 5 looks so fake and aracde even comparaing with Dirt 3 .... cars goes like being on rail , none drift , no sliding its similar to sega rally , even the graphics are not impressive , i think it will be just better than previous  4 WRC games of Milestone (that basically keep releasing the same game under Sebastian Loeb rally evo name) i can not understand your excitement about this game for me Dirt rally is way better , more realistic  but ok anyone has his taste and i respect it.. :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×