Sign in to follow this  

WRC 5: Cood Bye, Fake Rally, True Rally Game Go!

protheus said:
Yes, productors of Dirt 1-3 are great, great professionals... of shamefull FAKE production. Tell me, that Dirt 3 has good rally physics, I wait.
PS Google alittle, and you will found, that guy from Simbin is in the had of gamebuilding.
Missed this edit by LaPremier.

Dirt 1-3 is nothing like Dirt Rally. You can't compare them.

I suspect there is some understanding missing in the google translation of what he is writing here, because I can barely understand what he is writing. But OK, @protheus , if you think WRC5 is going to be the most realistic rally simulation to date - please go ahead and think so. Just be aware that nobody in this forum will agree with you!

WRC 5 looks like a good game in it's own rights, in the context of what the dev is wanting the game to do. So, it's probably gonna be a good, casual alternative. However, superlols at anybody who tries to directly compare it to DiRT Rally and say it's the better game. 

lol what? Not even WRC 5's makers claim it's a simulation.

Can't wait for Milestone's latest effort though, which is advertised as a true rally sim with rallycross and Pikes Peak (at 30fps on XB1 and PS4, obviously)... that's not going to end well.

How did you manage to pour all your liking on such game which handling is as flat as a sheet of plywood that might give you headache after half an hour of playing its endlessly monotonous repetitive stages? You must be a maniac and a troll from fairy tales with ogrish vibes.

He's still at it here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/517142253869306492/

At the risk of being chased of the forums :)

I'll probably get the new wrc game, I enjoyed the last one for what it was and see it the same as Pcars... a nice easy distraction to kill some time and get some event wins without having to think about it or try to much. I put around 60 hours into the last one so feel I got my moneys worth. If I get the same again I'll be happy and get more rally to play even if it is arcade.

Now to put that into context, I have around 450 hours in DiRT rally, when I want a challenge that's were I go ;)

Oh it gets even better. Have a look at this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242690282

Youtube link added:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLm02QRRz4

I'm not saying any game is subjectively "better" or "worse" (that's all individual preferences & moods anyway) or more/less "realistic/sim" than another, but WRC 5 looks kinda fun to me (from the videos).

Obviously, I'll wait until well after retail launch to read customer feedback & see how functionally stable the game is before I even consider paying anything for it.

OzoreXS said:

(+1 if you get the reference)
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody. We grow old.