Jump to content Jump to content

I am extremely annoyed about the game being released when it is essentially unfinished with tracks missing. If I'm going to pay full price for an official game then I EXPECT all the tracks to be in the game from day one. I am not paying 55 quid for an unfinished game.

If Codies had said 'Guys, we're going to delay the launch so that the 3 new tracks can be in the game from day one,' that would've been understandable, and nobody would've minded. But instead they just decided to release a game when it wasn't fully complete. Do you understand how lazy that looks?

I understand that making new tracks is a difficult process and that it takes time, but now that the game is officially out, they've got to work on other updates like bug fixes, so now it's gonna take even longer. Imo they should just cease updates for now and fully focus on getting the tracks done.

Game developers should not be allowed to release unfinished games anymore, and people need to stop accepting it. Finish your game please.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
49 minutes ago, GG01RACING said:

Imo they should just cease updates for now and fully focus on getting the tracks done.

You wouldn't be saying this if one if a current bug was preventing you from playing a game mode or mode that is important you, which is the situation for many right now. It may well be entirely different staff working on the new tracks to those working on addressing the bugs though and so perhaps not a choice anyway.

Codemasters were very clear that the three new tracks would not be included at launch and I'm sure that whatever promotional material you saw will not have said otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Codemasters were very clear that the three new tracks would not be included at launch and I'm sure that whatever promotional material you saw will not have said otherwise.

That's why the game should've been pushed back until they were done. I'm sure people would've understood if Codemasters pushed it back to put the tracks in. Plus, by the time the new tracks are in the game, the game will probably be a little cheaper. So people are paying more for an incomplete game than they potentially will be for the finished product.

The game cant be pushed back, codies have a contract with the FIA. The game has to be released on date x, come hell or high water. 

I'd give codies a break on the new tracks, takes a year for a new track to be added to the game and covid would have certainly delayed work.

The chop and changing of the IRL F1 calender due to covid doesnt help.

35 minutes ago, GG01RACING said:

That's why the game should've been pushed back until they were done. I'm sure people would've understood if Codemasters pushed it back to put the tracks in. Plus, by the time the new tracks are in the game, the game will probably be a little cheaper. So people are paying more for an incomplete game than they potentially will be for the finished product.

I disagree. Personally I'm glad I was given the option to buy the game without the new tracks so that I could start enjoying it. Anyone for whom the new tracks were key to buying it could wait until they were added before doing so, likely for a cheaper price as you say too.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, GG01RACING said:

I don't understand your reasoning so no I wouldn't understand why they would delay the launch to add tracks when they can easily add them on a later date. What is more important to me is that the game has improved when those tracks arrive. You knew the tracks would be added on a later date when you bought the game. You yourself are in control of what you are suggesting. Delay your purchase instead of enforcing a delay on everyone who wants to play the game without the missing tracks. 

• Agree 1
22 minutes ago, GG01RACING said:

I have delayed my purchase. I'm not buying it until the three new tracks are in the game.

OK, that puts a different perspective on your first post. 

We all want the new tracks to be in the game, and I'm sure Codemasters wish they were already as well.