Jump to content Jump to content

Does the track really rubber-in over a race weekend? An investigation...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself man but just ask anyone who is already comfortable with a track if their times get faster over a weekend they would say yes and you could have gone to McDonalds or something instead :classic_tongue:

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself man but just ask anyone who is already comfortable with a track if their times get faster over a weekend they would say yes and you could have gone to McDonalds or something instead :classic_tongue:

I mean, I just wanted an excuse to do something nerdy, but I will consider this a public service to all the parents out there and those who don't have the time to play around and learn all the details at play behind the scenes in this game... 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Blent said:

I mean, I just wanted an excuse to do something nerdy, but I will consider this a public service to all the parents out there and those who don't have the time to play around and learn all the details at play behind the scenes in this game... 😉

It's fine, fine work I've just been up since 5am and in snarky mood. Now I must rush the young'n out to the supermarket before she reads the word McDonalds

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2
40 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It's research like this that prevents developers from cheating. This time everything turned out to be working as advertised but what if it didn't? 😉

Great research but i still missing much bettet visual track rubber. Good example is spain T1. In real life there is huge rubber on braking zone, in game there is nothing. There is so many official onboards of every track so where is problem?

Oh this one got me salivating! Great work and great exercution!

At first I was concerned that you could find screwed results by only doing one hotlap per tyre set. I usually find the second run to be significantly better than the first, depending on the type of compound, track and track conditions.

Though I never directly tested it out myself, I always saw better laptimes the further I went into the weekend. Did not expect to be that significant of a difference though, and I'm glad it is the way it is.  

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, marioho said:

At first I was concerned that you could find screwed results by only doing one hotlap per tyre set. I usually find the second run to be significantly better than the first, depending on the type of compound, track and track conditions.

Oh, great. Now I have to go and test out whether the second hotlap is faster than the first...

At this rate I'm going to become the official forum test driver.

• Haha 2