Jump to content Jump to content

what make you get more Random failures

Apart from turning it on High in the settings, what makes that these failures could happen more? like not upgrading durability of the car? or maybe lenght of the race? I set random failures on the highest possible level and i only got one in the first race, but it wasn't terminal and i'm on the end of S1

Edited by ZtwoA
3 hours ago, ZtwoA said:

Apart from turning it on High in the settings, what makes that these failures could happen more? like not upgrading durability of the car? or maybe lenght of the race? I set random failures on the highest possible level and i only got one in the first race, but it wasn't terminal and i'm on the end of S1

The setting 2 high doesn’t make them happen more, it just turns them all on. The frequency only has a standard option as its highest rate. Not sure how often standard is, but if I were 2 guess I would say it’ll happen more often n bad machinery & less on the good teams. 

• Agree 1

A brand new piece can fail, but, they have a higher chance of giving problems the more worn out they are. I dont know how durability department affects the chances besides maintaining lower wear but looks implied to improve

Yesterday i had a new issue,jeff told me engine is gone, i lost Power,could not catch up to anyone,landed back to the end of the grid but car was still running. So in those cases you just have to end the Session then i guess? 

2 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

Yesterday i had a new issue,jeff told me engine is gone, i lost Power,could not catch up to anyone,landed back to the end of the grid but car was still running. So in those cases you just have to end the Session then i guess? 

Doesnt seem to be a catastrophic failure. I had a turbo charger problem that made me lose power but still finish too, i think it depends on the problem and how dangerous it can be

First race in My team, qualified on pole in Bahrain. (I am not fast, AI was on 60 which I have always used on previous games but I have always been quicker at Bahrain so will adjust next season) 

5 Laps in engine failure, terminal. 

I'm very casual in terms of how often I play but I do 100% races so I am doing Spain tonight so will see if I get another failure. 

It appears component “wear” plays a factor.  I ran the quick practice program early season, and it put some excessive wear on my parts.  I switched them all but hadn’t reached the 6 race replace gearbox.  I qualified well, didn’t want the penalty.  The gearbox was dark yellow, but still had enough laps to make it thru the race, so I thought. 5 laps (50% Race) left at Paul Ricard and I lost 7th gear, 2 laps later 5th and 6th.  Somehow I finished.

Edited by Benji27477