Jump to content Jump to content

Lime wing damage in F1 2021 feels like red wing damage in F1 2020

This years damage causes so much understeer and the car is basically undrivable.

Lime wing damage essentially ends your race this year, whereas last year in F1 2020 lime wing damage had very little effect on the car's turn in and downforce. If you had lime wing damage in F1 2020 you could easily finish the race without loosing 20seconds a lap  - like this year. 

Perhaps as a suggestion, codies could revert the effect of damage from last year to this years game as this will definitely improve the quality and enjoyment of racing.

Edited by aspect13
  • aspect13 changed the title to Lime wing damage in F1 2021 feels like red wing damage in F1 2020

Forgive this question, but what is a lime wing?

And to be honest, damage to the car makes a huge difference in performance.  Hamilton had floor damage in a race this year, and it prevented him from even getting on the podium, despite being in 2nd when it happened.

Wing damage is critical, and can cost you hugely depending on the extent.  I haven't had a chance to fully test the damage model as much as I would like, but I very much like the change, as it adds realism to the game.  It needs tweaking, but that's something that will happen over time as more data is gathered.

There is a bug which makes some wing damage not show on the damage model, maybe that's why it feels way more damaged, since it is way more damaged but just doesn't show. Do they repair your wing on auto wing repair? If so then it is actually red damage but shows as lime

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Personally I would love to have a detailed option that can show percentage of damage on the mfd. 

No percentage shown when 0% damage. 

Once damage occurs show a rough percentage of damage / health of that part. Doesn't need to be 100% accurate just close enough that can see the sort of level of damage that has been taken. 

I struggle to see the difference between green and lime green damage so it would be a nice quality of life update for me. 

• Agree 3

I noticed this too. A yellow front wing feels like no front wing on the old games. And sometimes you have major performance decrease, but the wing shows perfectly green. Even though Jeff is calling for a different strategy and a new wing. Something is wrong with the damage model, but I don't know if they're connected.

• Agree 1

I've gotten some wing damage (because they changed it when I pitted next time) but I frequently can't tell if the green is different or not. I'm not sure if it's because of the bug or if my eyes are bad lol.