Jump to content Jump to content

Driver transfers are really unrealistic. I was playing driver career mode and in the middle of first season Verstappen moved to Mercedes, Bottas to McLaren, Checo to Alpha Tauri etc. I have done some research and I already know that you can't turn off driver transfers or make them more realistic, but the way they're right now is just so annoying. The game has just been released, so there are not many mods, but what about older versions? Where there any mods that made transfers more realistic or turned them off? It would be also great to just be able to do transfers yourself. I like the new feature with Realistic Season Start, it shows that Codemasters want the game to be realistic, but why can't they fix those transfers? It has been the problem for many years now.

Playing Realistic Season Start causes crazy Mid season transfers. Other than that driver transfers are still broken like in f1 2020, they only seem to happen If a driver retries or you sign a driver from a different  team in MyTeam 

• Thanks 1

Oddly, the Real Season Start is one of my least favourite additions.  I genuinely don't get what the point of it is, nor why it was so heavily advertised.  You can't actually BE anyone in the Real Season and you can't do a fair few of the actual races.  It's just a normal career mode with less races and broken transfers.   Regardless, it's a common request to fix the driver transfers, so I imagine something will be done about it soon.   They'll be fixing the gamebreaking bugs first, I'd expect and then the transfers after.   Personally, I hope we have control over transfers ourselves. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

You can't actually BE anyone in the Real Season and you can't do a fair few of the actual races.

Agreed 100%. When I realized you didn't "become" Lewis/Max that took any any incentive I could see.

9 hours ago, GOLDPOWER89 said:

Playing Realistic Season Start causes crazy Mid season transfers.

I played a normal season too, and it was the same. No difference from Real Season Start.

1 hour ago, NicoJ97 said:

I played a normal season too, and it was the same. No difference from Real Season Start.

That's odd. Did you change any of the career settings? I'm up to season 3 and have had no mid season transfers and a total of 6 moves in my entire save

Edited by GOLDPOWER89

My first season transfers:

Gasly, Russell turn me down. Haas bid for Schumacher with 1 second left and I get no right of reply so lose him (nonsense, needs fixing).

Verstappen to Mercedes (lol)

Alonso to Red Bull (lol)

Bottas to Aston Martin (fine)

I signed Ocon (fine)

Stroll to Alpine (Would never happen, his dad owns Aston Martin and I don't want it to happen)

Vettel and Raikkonen retired, despite Vettel actually winning a race in season 1 (again, why?)

Ilott to Alpine (he's a Ferrari driver)

Aitken to Aston Martin (ok, but he's not good enough in-game for the seat)

Latifi to Alfa Romeo (when Alfa could have either Schumacher or Ilott as Ferrari drivers)

Russell stayed at Williams despite Bottas leaving and Aston Martin, a better Mercedes team, getting a seat.

Schumacher stayed at Haas despite the Alfa seat.

Mazepin to Williams to replace Latifi (lol).

Zhou to Haas despite flopping with me in MyTeam.

I don't want so many silly transfers, I want to customise it, I want to have the challenge of deciding which drivers and teams improve each season and have line-ups that make sense in my game. I want the option for allegiances and rivalries to mean something, so Max won't drive with Lewis now, Stroll wouldn't leave Aston Martin for Alpine, I want it to make sense as the immersion is lost where drivers are driving cars they'd never drive. Also a background F2 season with live stat progression should be included, and please give us empty custom slots for custom drivers so at least we can create other drivers on the sly like Hulkenberg and De Vries and have them in our driver markets as fictional versions. Just add the old classic car, rubbish drivers but make them name, appearance and stats customisable in the MyTeam driver market so we can have other drivers in the game.

The system is really over-simplistic compared to the editing you can do in other games, and you can't argue rights because these drivers are already making silly moves so at least let me have the choice! People can have braking assist which aren't in real life yet I can't have custom transfers, stats and race calendar order!

Secretly hoping people stop asking for capability for it to be turned off.  If there is just an option to turn it off then it doesn't help anyone who wants realistic transfers but it does give Codemasters the easiest way out of 'fixing' the problem.  Just creates a different problem for other people that then takes a few more months to get around to looking at when two birds could be splattered with one stone if a better solution was found. 

The only real solution I can see is ceding control over Driver Transfers and those that don't want Driver Transfers literally just don't move drivers around.  The main problem would be retirements as that isn't something you can control. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They should give us the option to allow or disallow transfers once they happen. Tell your PR to sabotage the deal and shady stuff happens in the background that will stop the transfer from happening. 

14 hours ago, Cook95 said:

I wish I had a season with crazy transfers. After season 1 the only transfer I had was me getting Schumacher and my driver replacing him

The best driver transfer you can have in this game. Replace the driver you choose with your team mate. Full control over driver transfers. You are one lucky man 😂

I can't complain, after my first season only Alonso retired and Mick Schumacher got his seat and my rookie replaced Mick at Haas. So at the moment nothing crazy is happening