Jump to content Jump to content

My Team 2nd Driver/Sponsor Contract Lengths

I'm gonna put this out there and wait for someone to break it down for me, and I'm hoping to get an answer good enough that I don't go adding another suggestion. What is the reason for the contract lengths in MT mode?

For the second driver, you have to give them two contracts...what current F1 driver has a contract like that? I'm sure plenty, if not all of them, have some sort of buyout clause, but surely none of the current race drivers aren't contracted through the end of the season?

For the sponsors you sign, why are they so varied in length? It gives you an amount of days, but those days don't seem to fall with any particular timeline in mind. Mind you, I'm only starting MT for the first time and haven't gotten to the end of the season. But I'm guessing you end up with sponsors whose contracts cover the last few races of one season and then the first few races of the following season? That doesn't make sense at all. Why wouldn't most contracts you have the chance to sign run to the end of the season? I realize there are some sponsors that only appear for a few races in real life, but aren't they the vast minority (~1%)?

12 minutes ago, diderooy said:

I'm gonna put this out there and wait for someone to break it down for me, and I'm hoping to get an answer good enough that I don't go adding another suggestion. What is the reason for the contract lengths in MT mode?

For the second driver, you have to give them two contracts...what current F1 driver has a contract like that? I'm sure plenty, if not all of them, have some sort of buyout clause, but surely none of the current race drivers aren't contracted through the end of the season?

For the sponsors you sign, why are they so varied in length? It gives you an amount of days, but those days don't seem to fall with any particular timeline in mind. Mind you, I'm only starting MT for the first time and haven't gotten to the end of the season. But I'm guessing you end up with sponsors whose contracts cover the last few races of one season and then the first few races of the following season? That doesn't make sense at all. Why wouldn't most contracts you have the chance to sign run to the end of the season? I realize there are some sponsors that only appear for a few races in real life, but aren't they the vast minority (~1%)?

These features are most likely design to speed things up, so you don't get a stale season with little to no change in between, imagine getting stuck with a driver you don't like for the whole season with no option to get rid of them. That being said, I do agree there are definitely more realistic ways to implement a contract system for drivers or even sponsors.

If you wanted a more realistic or controlled driver transfer in MyTeam, you can try this method:

But make sure to skip the backing up save part, I've tried backing up save in this year's game and it corrupted both of my saves (I'm not sure if they've fixed it yet), the method work just fine without it, just don't press proceed in the calendar and quit the game to redo things. 

For career though, there's nothing we can do atm. 

11 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

These features are most likely design to speed things up, so you don't get a stale season with little to no change in between, imagine getting stuck with a driver you don't like for the whole season with no option to get rid of them.

Having to sign the same driver twice or the same sponsor twice in a single season doesn't speed things up...it slows things down (not that I mind that). I get that people might get bored, and I think that's the most likely solution, but that seems silly. Those people should just race 10-race seasons and will get the same kind of turnover 🙂

Why would you get a mulligan on signing a driver you don't like? It's your team, you get to make decisions and you have to live with them too. 

Thanks much for the response, friend! I will take a look at the possible workaround to see if it's helpful (on PS4).

11 minutes ago, diderooy said:

Those people should just race 10-race seasons and will get the same kind of turnover 🙂

Those people should be able to race a 20-race season just like everyone else. 😉

22 minutes ago, diderooy said:

Having to sign the same driver twice or the same sponsor twice in a single season doesn't speed things up...it slows things down (not that I mind that). I get that people might get bored, and I think that's the most likely solution, but that seems silly. Those people should just race 10-race seasons and will get the same kind of turnover 🙂

Why would you get a mulligan on signing a driver you don't like? It's your team, you get to make decisions and you have to live with them too. 

Thanks much for the response, friend! I will take a look at the possible workaround to see if it's helpful (on PS4).

Well I'm sure lots of people are uninterested on F2 drivers while at the same time wanted to do a full season. Especially now that they've included the Iconic Drivers, I could imagine they would just wanted to sign them as soon as they've got enough credits.

I personally think the current system works well for MyTeam at least gameplay wise (not Driver's Career though). If they're gonna stick with this current system, they just needs to do some touch up to make it work better (or more realistic in a way). For pure realism though, I guess there's no luck for us unless they completely rebuild the whole acclaim/leveling/contract system. 

As for sponsors, I think it's fine, your main sponsor is season wide and minor sponsors you change from time to time...management games works like that too, though I prefer being able to negotiate a deal.

Driver contracts is...well, for me is just a money sink, just doesn't make sense how it works and creates some non sense shenanigans that tbh, needed a toggle. Would love to make a deal, create expectations while also working to give a competitive car for a driver, a two way contract so to speak, multiseason deals which could make or break your finances and something that could go even deeper, but not complex enough to take away the racing part, but to spicy it up.