Jump to content Jump to content

110 AI are 5 seconds faster than real life

I did some experimenting and compared it to real qualifying results.

A difficulty level around 78,79,80 will give the AI real life qualifying pace as far as I can tell. 

One result for example:

Baku 110 AI pole time = 1:36.2

This year's real pole = 1:41.2

To be fair 110 AI should be faster than real life pole times.  They are by way too much though agreed but as Ultra says it’s the car performance potential overall that’s wrong not the AI as such.

Ideally level 100 AI should be equal to real life times - a benchmark if you like.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Bauer said:

I did some experimenting and compared it to real qualifying results.

A difficulty level around 78,79,80 will give the AI real life qualifying pace as far as I can tell. 

One result for example:

Baku 110 AI pole time = 1:36.2

This year's real pole = 1:41.2

Although still a bit ridiculous, but we have to consider how in-game track + tire + car condition are always or at least near perfect. Not to mention how our tracks weren't laser scanned, so lap times will never be truly representative to real life.

Another factor is, if those lap times were done in Career/MyTeam modes, then they'll be even less true to life because of how upgrades are gonna affect the performance, and the same thing can be said to real life because they also upgrade their cars over the season or even have certain parts to fit specific tracks. 

Unless the game could replicate every little detail from real life, the lap times will never be exactly the same in an F1 game. 

The ingame cars have more downforce, accelerate faster and they have so much less drag in the straights. Top speeds are so unrealisticly high when you go alone without a tow. Especially in quali runs when you use all the ers too.

• Agree 1