Jump to content Jump to content

Am I the only one who is annoyed about white background color in F1 2021 menus?

When being in the dark room, white F1 2021 background color burns my eyes... am I the only one with this issue?
I have 27" 2560x1440@120hz IPS panel.

Maybe Codemasters could change the background more eye friendly ?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

No, you're not the only one who has complained about this.

(I don't personally find it a major issue but the peak brightness of my OLED TV will likely be lower, and I never play in a completely dark room.)

Edited by Ultra3142
45 minutes ago, Xemanth said:

When being in the dark room, white F1 2021 background color burns my eyes... am I the only one with this issue?
I have 27" 2560x1440@120hz IPS panel.

Maybe Codemasters could change the background more eye friendly ?

White menu looks great but at night its nightmare for eyes, strongly recommend to use night shift in windows

• Agree 2
20 minutes ago, Neomo said:

White menu looks great but at night its nightmare for eyes, strongly recommend to use night shift in windows

Personally I adore the menu design of this year, I've a soft spot for bright or energetic color background menu designs. Though I also agree there should be a dark mode for night time, and wouldn't it be really cool to have different tones of menu to select in a racing game?

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
10 minutes ago, Raketenbohne95 said:

It annoys me in MyTeam/Career Mode because I can't see how much money & ressource points I have. White letters on white background is hard to read.

Check your screen settings,no game issue

1 hour ago, DRTApophis said:

Personally I adore the menu design of this year, I've a soft spot for bright or energetic color background menu designs. Though I also agree there should be a dark mode for night time, and wouldn't it be really cool to have different tones of menu to select in a racing game?

I'm gonna throw the "could be changing background with real time from white to black" just so I can fantasize about it.

When choosing colours for liveries or custom items you actually cannot see if there is a 4th colour option, if it is white, as blends and disappears with the background. (and I've compared my pro calibrated tv with a normal uncalibrated tv its an issue on both)

Either a dark mode or how about the grey colour the screen goes when it says "connecting to online services" 

Its just crazy the flat solid bright white on HDR tvs and also for reading/viewing items. It desperately needs changed 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1

I too would love a 'dark' mode option for the menus.

I have issues with light sensitivity and solid white like that can get uncomfortable at times.

Which is why I have 'dark mode' enabled on pretty much everything I can!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

The menu colour they already have in the game during online connecting screens (as seen below) would be perfect instead of the solid bright white on HDR screens 

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 14.43.48.png

• Agree 1

I turn off HDR, it's not worth the eye strain due to the white menu. HDR implementation isn't great anyway, colours look washed out on my OLED. Games like GT Sport, Forza have fantastic HDR implementation. Turn 10 master their games on OLED for HDR colour accuracy. 

• Agree 2
On 7/25/2021 at 7:21 PM, Neomo said:

You can't control night shift in Xbox. Rest of the colors is just fine in the gameplay, contrast and brightness, HDR makes everything look good 😃 But that menu background was much better in 2020 and probably others since 2015 have been better 😞 It's way too powerfully bright white.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, TomAAA said:

The menu colour they already have in the game during online connecting screens (as seen below) would be perfect instead of the solid bright white on HDR screens 

Yes, this would be much better and eye friendly.

• Agree 3

Times I have the impression that certain changes are being implemented so that buyers do not have the feel the game is just an annual copy-paste.

Altering menu colors and layout is investing (wasting?) resources into an area that seemed to work fine for everyone in F1 2020, and besides drew zero attention back then. Why one has to alter just that is beyond me, both for colors and for menu layout. I guess they could have implmented the story mode "button" somewhere else in the old menu structure and it would have worked better.

Now with the new game it seems a lot of people are complaining about the menu, its not eye-friendly, its too bright, there is no dark option for night sessions, the handling is acutally worse than in the 2020 game, we lost some save game slots and a few issues more. Given that there are a lot of other areas in the 2021 game that need attention / polishing: Was altering the menu really useful / necessary? I doubt it was.

• Agree 3

The menus are horrible.  Layout is so much worse than 2020. Especially setting up a lobby is a pain now.a

And the white was a horrible choice as well. Can't get my head around that they managed to release a game worse than 2020 in almost every aspect.  And 2020 already had alot of issues 

• Agree 2
On 7/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, TomAAA said:

Yes, this would be much better and eye friendly.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@BarryBL Are the team aware of this issue or can you get the graphics/presentation devs to look into this, as it's a hot topic especially on the social channels. Using a HDR screen with the neon white menus it's crazy. Either an option for a dark mode or just make it a slightly darker shade would be good 

• Agree 1
On 7/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, Blent said:

I too would love a 'dark' mode option for the menus.

I have issues with light sensitivity and solid white like that can get uncomfortable at times.

Which is why I have 'dark mode' enabled on pretty much everything I can!

Hear hear, me too!

As I’m getting old but refuse to buy glasses the screen was giving me blurred vision after a few hours.

have managed to tone it down somewhat..: got ps5 current 2021 Sony Bravia and although it’s on game mode. Screen options has loads off settings that are on auto... turned them all off.  So only the very basic settings are being used.. and tone brightness and gamma down a touch..  still brighter than I like but a lot less strain on my eyes

ages and ages ago I read an article on how to set your tv for games.. and selecting game mode isn’t enough..  to view the game as developers intend and best possible experience in performance and graphics turn off any option that tv uses to adjust screen.. is auto contrast, auto light etc etc 

For some games if using a hdr tv..  going to console settings and select 1080p...  I was surprised just how much better esp older games the  gameplay improves 

Edited by ScaredDuck