Jump to content Jump to content

10 hours ago, Buddyboyx69 said:

I only have apple computers and I play on Xbox Series X and I cannot download the driver to update the wheel. 

I would download Windows on the Mac using Bootcamp. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

Then you should be able to update your Thrustmaster or Fanatic wheels drivers and firmware. 

Now you have 1 computer but 2 operating systems.  

Edited by RhysWon1
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, kalamazoo123 said:

Maybe should have been a consideration when buying a wheel ? 🤔

I did not think a simple driver would be windows only, never had this problem before with other wheels or yokes for flying in the past. Just seems like something Thrustmaster should be aware of. 

Edited by Buddyboyx69
4 minutes ago, Buddyboyx69 said:

I did not think a simple driver would be windows only, never had this problem before with other wheels or yokes for flying in the past. Just seems like something Thrustmaster should be aware of. 

Mate, you have the same issue with Fanatec (no Mac OS drivers).

• Confused 1

If you cant borrow a windows pc then install a virtual machine temporarily on your mac. Mac never been known for supporting much when it comes to games.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:02 PM, steviejay69 said:

Borrow a friends PC

I was able to borrow a friends PC and update its firmware, now when I'm plugging back into my xbox the wheel wont turn on. Any ideas on how to fix? I am going to reach out to Thrustmaster as well. 

2 minutes ago, Buddyboyx69 said:

I was able to borrow a friends PC and update its firmware, now when I'm plugging back into my xbox the wheel wont turn on. Any ideas on how to fix? I am going to reach out to Thrustmaster as well. 

Seems a 101 but check the power cord is pushed fully. They can be stiff on many Thrustmasters, especially the T300.

48 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

If you cant borrow a windows pc then install a virtual machine temporarily on your mac. Mac never been known for supporting much when it comes to games.

No. Please use a Windows PC. Some VMs don't allow the direct calls to hardware. Some of the flashers do that. I would never use any kind of VM for firmware updates.

I prefer in-built flash routines (QFLASH, MFLASH, USB Flashback, etc.) With the Windows flashers, you should really run Windows and not emulators.