Jump to content Jump to content

Is smoke supposed to appear in side mirrors?

Before I raise it as a bug report, I wanted to see if anybody knew whether or not smoke is supposed to show up in the Sideview mirrors. I am having an engine failure during a practice and there is no smoke in the Sideview mirror so when I looked behind me smoke is belching from my car

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, MisterJes said:

Before I raise it as a bug report, I wanted to see if anybody knew whether or not smoke is supposed to show up in the Sideview mirrors. I am having an engine failure during a practice and there is no smoke in the Sideview mirror so when I looked behind me smoke is belching from my car

It might depend on your setting and platform your playing on. On PC there are options for shadows etc in your mirrors. I turn that one down as a dont use the mirrors anyway 😁

16 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

It might depend on your setting and platform your playing on. On PC there are options for shadows etc in your mirrors. I turn that one down as a dont use the mirrors anyway 😁

No I have it to ultraNo I have it to ultra

You don't get rain spray in mirrors either (details at Ultra), it was like this in F1 2020 too. I posted about this a few days ago asking whether it was a bug or by design, never got an answer though.

14 hours ago, s00zster said:

You don't get rain spray in mirrors either (details at Ultra), it was like this in F1 2020 too. I posted about this a few days ago asking whether it was a bug or by design, never got an answer though.

Bit optimistic wanting a answer weren’t you?😂

On PS5 the side mirrors are still on 30fps😂 yeah no smoke to see because they’re too slow. Was just checking to test this. In virtual mirror no smoke and spray, sidemirrors also nothing, but the fact these are still 30fps or lower, tells more than enough.

Edited by AlexTT