Jump to content Jump to content

Is it just me or are AI way too aggressive??

Me and my friend have been doing coop career at 102 Level AI. We feel that the AI are way too aggressive in terms of leaving space etc. 3 or 4 times we have been put in the wall or recieved damage through "Stupid AI" now I like the aggressiveness but when it costs you races it's not fun. Is this just my opinion or do others feel AI need to be tweaked slightly??

• Disagree 1

That ricciardo move was weird, but the Canada one the AI was at your outside and didnt back off.

I think the aggressiveness might be a bit on the higher side, but I've been able to do 3 wides and share corners with them on 105. Sometimes they go strongly, even to their detrimental, other times I get the wrong side, so for me it's fine as it is, but I understand why it might be frustrating

• Agree 2

Yh man it's happened way too much for my liking also my team mate has spun me aswell lol 😆

19 minutes ago, Hichel18 said:

That ricciardo move was weird, but the Canada one the AI was at your outside and didnt back off.

I think the aggressiveness might be a bit on the higher side, but I've been able to do 3 wides and share corners with them on 105. Sometimes they go strongly, even to their detrimental, other times I get the wrong side, so for me it's fine as it is, but I understand why it might be frustrating

I've been playing co-op career with my friend and we have been having wired moments like yours where we have been taken out on straights while running side by side etc. I haven't had these issues in single player. I think the Ai are like this because its Online. The Ai have always been more more aggressive and twitchy in online modes for pervious games and it looks the same case here. Both me and my friend now leave the Ai a bit more room when overtaking them     

The AI are great to race this year. I think it's an area that's been improved game-on-game over the last few years.

In your Canada clip, you haven't left enough room on the left and effectively pinched him to the wall.

In the Baku clip, he's moved under braking and I think that's something that happens too often with the AI. It happened last year in F2 and it seems to have made its way to F1 on this game now.

Edited by Pepski
  • Agree 2
6 minutes ago, Pepski said:

The AI are great to race this year. I think it's an area that's been improved game-on-game over the last few years.

In your Canada clip, you haven't left enough room in the left and effectively pinched him to the wall.

In the Baku clip, he's moved under braking and I think that's something that happens too often with the AI. It happened last year in F2 and it seems to have made its way to F1 on this game now.

I agree with you with the exception, that the move from ABR Ryann97 was too optimistic in this case. Ricciardos overtake was completly done and succesful. Here the player should have accept this and break a tenth earlier than Ricciardo for avoiding crashing in the front driver. The second scenario in canada was players fault too, the red arrows showed that the williams is still next to the ferrari car. Ignoring that caused a collision because the williams car was accelerating like all cars there and can not vanish into air there. Maybe the red colors of the ferrari made it difficult to see the red arrows in this case. 

But overall I agree with you, ABR Ryann97 the AI is aggressiv but I really like that. They are racing and fighting and yes you have to leave space. Sometimes they drive dirty but in the end it is like in real life. I cannot say that I've also never made some dirty moves against the AI (even when they were unintenionally).

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, ABR Ryann97 said:

It's not all the AI fault:

Ricciardo had you beat, and was braking to make the turn, that's where he had to go (look at the right kerb, he is on it, so he can't go further to the right) - but you braked too late into his rear left wheel rather than concede. Be honest with yourself - was it on purpose? You should have gone tighter into the corner or given in. He was in front and YOU collided with him. Looking at your steering, you also appear to turn to the right into him because you didn't like losing. In real life that turn of the wheel deserved to get you a penalty.

Your overtake into the Canada hairpin is ambitious, taking two cars as you brake late. The second one is still alongside you on the outside.

Granted he should have backed off, but since you went in there so late, you are asking for trouble unless you keep a tighter line round the bend. But as your racing line widened on exit, your rear left collided with him and pushed you into the wall. You can clearly still see him in your mirror, the corner is yours but you still have a duty to give space, and keep yourself alive to fight on.

There's a reason why they don't dive in so late and from so far back in real life. The other driver does not want to give up the racing line, there's a wall on the outside and he still has to get round too.

Just my honest opinion.

Edited by Morsify
2 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

I agree with you with the exception, that the move from ABR Ryann97 was too optimistic in this case. Ricciardos overtake was completly done and succesful. Here the player should have accept this and break a tenth earlier than Ricciardo for avoiding crashing in the front driver.

Yeah, in terms of the overtake, it's Riccardo's corner.

The issue with the AI is that if this was @ABR Ryann97 making an overtake (hypothetical, I know), Ricc would still move across the track to defend on the inside too late.

The improved AI is fantastic and actually making single player worthy this year, as they do make mistakes and can even crash more compared to 2020. I play mostly single player offline due to my everyday schedule therefore I am happy about them being more aggressive and actually trying harder, this along with the increased safety car makes you feel that you can also recover from your mistakes waiting for an opportunity

• Agree 4

Agreed that the moving under braking is too much, that isn’t allowed in f1 because the other driver only has limited amount of steering while braking to get out of way of the person who is moving under braking so is dangerous but codemasters seem way behind rule changes in f1( and if they don’t want to follow the rules in their game the FIA logo shouldn’t be splashed all over the game then lol).

but other than that definitely agree the more aggressive manner of driving by the AI is so much better now, actually seeing other drivers duel and crash out as a result reflects real life( Norris took out his team mate in Canada in my team season I got going in very similar fashion to red bull team mates in Baku)