Jump to content Jump to content

Summary of F1 2021

• Multiplayer - more bugs, unplayable

• MyTeam - worse r&d system, ugly car, ugly liveries, nothing new

• Solo features - less

• Story mode - Wish version of Drive to Survive (and I don't even like DtS)

• Menu style - worse (white, more click's to access things)

• Graphics - Pretty much same, but running 2 times worse

Pretty much everybody should be fired for this game at Codemasters, they just don't care about the game, about the sport, shame.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, JanKondler said:

• Solo features - less

Pretty much everybody should be fired for this game at Codemasters, they just don't care about the game, about the sport, shame.

Can’t argue with that on any point made!!!

i had just now 2 game crashes in a row in ranked, I guess due too other people having a **** connection, because when I tried to rejoin through player cards on ps5, it would stay on the loading screen with 2 or 3 players keeping loading. And now it throws me back into the same lobby time after time.

Unranked lobbies still showing lobbies with assists while you filter on NO ASSISTS and only showing 25 lobbies (you can’t fool me that there are more lobbies available!) 

it’s just too pathetic for words, and an absolute disgrace that this still is beeing accepted by FOM or EA.

what a joke

Edited by AlexTT
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Can’t argue with that on any point made!!!

i had just now 2 crashes in a row in ranked, I guess due too other people having a **** connection, because when I tried to rejoin through player cards on ps5, it would stay on the loading screen with 2 or 3 players keeping loading. And now it throws me back into the same lobby time after time.

Unranked lobbies still showing lobbies with assists while you filter on NO ASSISTS and only showing 25 lobbies (you can’t fool me that there are more lobbies available!) 

it’s just too pathetic for words, and an absolute disgrace that this still is beeing accepted by FOM or EA.

what a joke

And now Imagine you are admin in league racing, with 100+ people, and you have this to work with, fun right? :))

Edited by JanKondler
1 hour ago, AlexTT said:

They dont care, they see the money, especially EA.

56 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

They dont care, they see the money, especially EA.

Well… i don’t think EA doesn’t care about bad advertising as mich as they did. The whole FIFA lootbox case has really hurt them, battlefront 2 also wasn’t free of controversy. Last years weren’t really good for EA, and if their newly acquired studio comes in the spotlight negatively, I don’t think they will turn a blind eye so easy. Remember how they were so extremely positive about CM and their high quality? We should all mailBOMB EA, including links to these forums and then ask if this is that quality EA was talking about. Making people aware is always a good thing. Al beit for yourself that you know you tried. If you don’t try, you know for sure nothing will ever happen. Maybe I’m hoping for something that doesn’t exist, but hey, i thought let’s try to say something positive😜

What would really make an impact is when Youtubers start calling out all the flaws, all the bugs, all the glitches and that the quality is way below par in stead of pretending that this is the best invention since running water.

THAT would make a real impact I believe. If there’s just one, then the rest will follow.

that’s the way they forced quick improvements for like Cyberpunk.

when a big title gets negative critisism on Youtube, then the snowball effect is just unstoppable, and then Codemasters (of disaster) simply CANNOT hide anymore. 

But no youtuber has the balls to be really critical, what if they can’t get early previews? Or free games? 

If i was head of Codemasteds and would read these forums, It would make me furious how they treat their community, and instantly fire a lot of people responsible for this abomination.

Edited by AlexTT
29 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Well… i don’t think EA doesn’t care about bad advertising as mich as they did. unity, and instantly fire a lot of people responsible for this abomination.

EA will not care, they have already destroyed many game series (Sim City, NFS, C&C).
As many scandals as they had in their company history, another unfinished game won't make a difference.

But the problem is not EA or Codemasters, the problem is the people who give good reviews and tests, and customers who are upset about small things and talk everything negative, despite the positive reviews.

The worst part is the reemergence of bugs. Like how do you screw up and reintroduce bugs from 2019? The multiplayer browser is garbage. I love the new handling and damage model but this title is a step backwards for everything else. 

3 hours ago, MisterJes said:

The worst part is the reemergence of bugs. Like how do you screw up and reintroduce bugs from 2019? The multiplayer browser is garbage. I love the new handling and damage model but this title is a step backwards for everything else. 

Allegedly they have 2 seperate teams working in 2 years cycle (one 16,18,20, second 17,19,21) That is why there are bugs from 2019.

From my experience second team is worse.

But there is also problem due to game engine, still files for alpine named lotus, it is just more textures every year not optimalized.

• Like 1

A small suggestion for all of you guys. I have seen so many bugs but none of them reported, I would love to make a bug report, but everytime I do it gets ignored, maybe cause it's not well written.

We can create discord group where we can make report together on every single topic and post it separately into reports, if we are at least 10, we should be able to make it visible for them.

@AlexTT @FTBuzzard@MisterJes

Agree with all your points, but you forgot the fact that we can’t actually use it to represent the F12021 season...

Missing tracks

Not up to date tracks

Incorrect car performance

Incorrect driver performance

No sprint quali

No Aston Martin safety car

Basically none of the things that real F1 introduced this year are in the game.

Also many things that were good from previous games have been inexplicably removed!

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Agree with all your points, but you forgot the fact that we can’t actually use it to represent the F12021 season...

Missing tracks

Not up to date tracks

Incorrect car performance

Incorrect driver performance

No sprint quali

No Aston Martin safety car

Basically none of the things that real F1 introduced this year are in the game.

Also many things that were good from previous games have been inexplicably removed!

10 hours ago, JanKondler said:

• Solo features - less

Yeah basically all of this.

The issue are these youtubers that mindlessly praise the game for the smallest thing and blatantly ignoring the massive issues this series has.  Just because their face were scanned are on some random engineer in the game...whoopdy doo

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

It is enough not to buy the game and after the problem, if the money does not agree, they would suddenly be able to update the tracks and other things, and if you buy it, they don't give a damn. I was been buying F1 for the premiere for many years and this year, when I saw that again nothing was done with the tracks, I am waiting for new ones to be added and for the sale of the game because it is not worth the full price.
EA destroyed many games and codemasters has not been able to update the tracks for many years, so what to write about.
Some moderator wrote that the tracks in F1 2021 are based on the 2020 season, so it does not match anyway because the curbs in this game are from 2016 on many tracks. It's best to wait for the development of what will happen next.

To be clear by missing updates to tracks, i mean they haven’t included the major changes to layouts to tracks this year - Spain, Abu Dabi, and Australia (though not really counting this as it wont be raced on).

Im not talking about this kerb is wrong or that one should be red etc. They’re not a big deal to me, but when the actual layouts are not even right it’s a bit of an issue!

While its good the game is released mid July, maybe mid August would be better or September for this years due to track updates and the 3 new tracks, ever since the game has been released mid July their is more bugs then before.

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

While its good the game is released mid July, maybe mid August would be better or September for this years due to track updates and the 3 new tracks, ever since the game has been released mid July their is more bugs then before.

This game should have been released when season starts in march, especially when cars are pretty much the same, tracks should be built before and liveries are done in 2 days. How they are able to repeat same bugs every year even though they were somehow fixed in 2020 amaze me.

Edited by JanKondler

Game is horrendous been out two weeks and full of bugs. 
my team is no different to last years

career mode with the driver transfers on the real season start is so unrealistic, like you get to your second race at Hungary and the entire grid swaps seats. I had Lewis and Max both move to Williams 🤣 

all this money they make from the pit coins and the helmets, car liveries are rubbish 

20 minutes ago, JanKondler said:

This game should have been released when season starts in march, especially when cars are pretty much the same, tracks should be built before and liveries are done in 2 days. How they are able to repeat same bugs every year even though they were somehow fixed in 2020 amaze me.

Especially when motogp game released at the start of the season

35 minutes ago, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

If my memory serves me correct, the last time they released in September we didn't have updated car performance either lmao

It looks like EA will kill another big developper. Look for grid legends 😞 Real life actors
I hope the next patch fixing a lot of problems. It is sad to say but this game had more bugs as any F1 title at release. I think under a different publisher this game was never gone gold.
The only mode that works a bit, is the grand prix mode.

I´m not an online gamer, but I can see often that the connection is lost in time trial.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
Just now, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

It looks like EA will kill another big developper. Look for grid legends 😞 Real life actors
I hope the next patch fixing a lot of problems. It is sad to say but this game had more bugs as any F! title at release. I think under a different publisher this game was never gone gold.

Codemasters are not good as you think, you are influenced by youtbers who are paid to say only good things about the game. I hope that EA are able to fire half of them and replace them with better developers.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

No I think not that this is the fault of the developper. This is the same like on so many EA titles. Last Mass Effect Legendary Edition. No support over 2 month. Pay for good reviews that they have a high metascore and making money with a broken product that is in most cases the marketing philosophy of EA. Need for speed is dead thanks to all that online micro transactions trash. All this virtual money trash is destroying the games and the old gaming culture. Look at that ugly default costumizations in the my team carreer mode. 
Someone who buy those liveries and racing suits must be rich or dumb.

Sorry, I was angry when I wrote this post.  I think EA has an influence on the game marketing wsie.

And now with EA as the publisher you will have a lot more of this costumization items. (Halo slogan)

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
21 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

No I think not that this is the fault of the developper. This is the same like on so many EA titles. Last Mass Effect Legendary Edition. No support over 2 month. Pay for good reviews that they have a high metascore and making money with a broken product that is in most cases the marketing philosophy of EA. Need for speed is dead thanks to all that online micro transactions trash. All this virtual memory trash is destroying the games and the old gaming culture. Look at that ugly default costumizatrions in the my team carreer mode. 
Someone who buy those liveries and racing suits must be rich or dumb.

And now with EA as the publisher you will have a lot more of this costumization items. (Halo slogan)

EA on this game have 0 influence, maybe marketing

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, JanKondler said:

Indeed. The current issues lie with Codemasters. Let's not all jump to massively negative conclusions about a lack of support based on previous EA performance but rather see what Codemasters actually do

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JanKondler said:

They did stick their name on it with the whole EAGameChangers movement so they must have been content with what was to be offered. I wonder if it works as effective marketing as i'm not sure if people buy stuff simply because it has EA's name on it. 

Be interesting next year to see which direction the game goes from next year as they'll have some creative input and resource offerings but I still imagine there'll be a plethora of things for people to complain about as not everything seems like it can all be resolved in a year and I imagine they're well into the development of next years game as well.