Jump to content Jump to content

Summary of F1 2021

After few hours in a game i decided to write little pros and cons.it's purely from my (casual)simracer point of view.

Pros:

-every year they improve handling model...little bit

-again sligthly better engine sounds plus helmet mix which i use now

-better visual for wet surface, looks more realistic

-transition from wet to dry and vice versa is improved

-some track get little updates like kerbs

Cons:

-little to non changed graphics, sorry but my eyes burns when i see everything blurred with Temporal AA

-no changes for Player career mode.

-F2 in career should be much lively at least like F1.F2 drivers performance is off.

-cockpit cam doesnt feel smooth.I dont know if iam too sensitive but it totally hurt my eyes.Every year i turn off all this camera shakes and moves but i still can see shaking and it feels like 30fps.

-bad sense of speed (cockpit cam) it could be reason of TAA

-great news and improvemets for beginners and gamepad players like simple handling or whats that call but no new for simracers like Triplescreen support, clipping meter for FFB, correct FOV values (calculator).

-tyres model...tyres feels like stones i missing that rubber contact with track.Also tyres are very stable in terms degrees.Visually tyres are very poor, there is almost no visual degradation and iam not talking about shine sideways of tyres...again...in 2021.

-suspension almost non existent (again try F1 on AC for example and u know)

-weather system looks like 15 years old.I love things like it rains half a race but when it stops raining during five laps is everything perfectly dry.Damn there should puddles and drying track out of the ideal line although sun is shining. (even F1 2013 done it bettter).Best example of weather is PC2 or Automobilista 2

-Visual track rubber could be done much better after all we have onboards of every track.Out of line should be much more rubber and dirt.

-Please use better engine with more AA than TAA

-Steering LCD is joke.Almost no info.Where is deltas, where is best lap, , engine temp etc.Just do LCD different for every team inspired by real teams.ACC best example.

-Still same and same cutscenes.Dont know if its bug i see only one podium and victory celebration after race.

-Even after win F2 championchip there should be only one team (mid field at best) to sign.If someone dislike just start in F1 and choose what u want.

-This isnt con but could be great to do something with SC in terms of debris on track or crane clearing car (something similar was in GP4 btw 😄 ) .

And please don't take it as hate its just constructive criticism from my pov. I just love F1 and want good game/sim.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Neomo said:

After few hours in a game i decided to write little pros and cons.it's purely from my (casual)simracer point of view.

Pros:

-every year they improve handling model...little bit

-again sligthly better engine sounds plus helmet mix which i use now

-better visual for wet surface, looks more realistic

-transition from wet to dry and vice versa is improved

-some track get little updates like kerbs

Cons:

-little to non changed graphics, sorry but my eyes burns when i see everything blurred with Temporal AA

-no changes for Player career mode.

-F2 in career should be much lively at least like F1.F2 drivers performance is off.

-cockpit cam doesnt feel smooth.I dont know if iam too sensitive but it totally hurt my eyes.Every year i turn off all this camera shakes and moves but i still can see shaking and it feels like 30fps.

-bad sense of speed (cockpit cam) it could be reason of TAA

-great news and improvemets for beginners and gamepad players like simple handling or whats that call but no new for simracers like Triplescreen support, clipping meter for FFB, correct FOV values (calculator).

-tyres model...tyres feels like stones i missing that rubber contact with track.Also tyres are very stable in terms degrees.Visually tyres are very poor, there is almost no visual degradation and iam not talking about shine sideways of tyres...again...in 2021.

-suspension almost non existent (again try F1 on AC for example and u know)

-weather system looks like 15 years old.I love things like it rains half a race but when it stops raining during five laps is everything perfectly dry.Damn there should puddles and drying track out of the ideal line although sun is shining. (even F1 2013 done it bettter).Best example of weather is PC2 or Automobilista 2

-Visual track rubber could be done much better after all we have onboards of every track.Out of line should be much more rubber and dirt.

-Please use better engine with more AA than TAA

-Steering LCD is joke.Almost no info.Where is deltas, where is best lap, , engine temp etc.Just do LCD different for every team inspired by real teams.ACC best example.

-Still same and same cutscenes.Dont know if its bug i see only one podium and victory celebration after race.

-Even after win F2 championchip there should be only one team (mid field at best) to sign.If someone dislike just start in F1 and choose what u want.

-This isnt con but could be great to do something with SC in terms of debris on track or crane clearing car (something similar was in GP4 btw 😄 ) .

And please don't take it as hate its just constructive criticism from my pov. I just love F1 and want good game/sim.

Sadly to inform them you have to write each of them in separate report, which is anoying, but it looks like they are not playing this game

Every single year this forum is full of criticism instead of really helping. I understand everyone's frustration about the big amount of bugs present in this game.

However, there won't be a single year where the game is gonna be PERFECT. Unless everyone wants to be without a F1 game during like 2/3 years.

13 hours ago, JanKondler said:

• Multiplayer - more bugs, unplayable

Game just came out and is obviously normal that at the start there are lots of bugs. Did not get a single one that makes my game unplayble tho. The only frustrating thing is that most of the bugs have been in the game for some years now. For the people that are all the time moaning about it, why don't you go work in Codemasters and help, I see a lot of people that "seem" really good on that.

MyTeam - worse r&d system, ugly car, ugly liveries, nothing new

The R&D system this year seems pretty much more "complex" and personally I like that, it has a more "professional" look and upgrades are not only separated by engine,aero,chassis and durability as they are separated inside the topics (like aero as front wing, rear wing e.tc, chassis as weight dristibuition, tyre wear e.tc). Don't care too much about the liveries as I just want to race and have a car that represents my country colors (portugal). You can obviously have some more direct affect in events on your departments that may affect something and choose the money/acclaim/resources won to reduced,standard or increased. Last year everyone was shouting in the forums because it was too easy to get a good car and there should be options to reduce our income. Now we have it, and no one seems to care about it. Dont understand why!

Solo features - less

Indeed sad that classic cars and short tracks have been removed (even tho I did not use them too much) but I may think they did not want to take much time with them and focusing in bringing the new tracks as fast as possible are probably the main objective. Championships were indeed good to play and I liked it.

14 hours ago, JanKondler said:

Story mode - Wish version of Drive to Survive (and I don't even like DtS)

Well that was a nice new mode, that could have been featured in the next game so it would be the 2019 F2 season, having 2020 and 2021 in F1 and pass to 2022 with the new cars. However I understand that they wanted to include this now it a marketing effect. With the story "ending" in this game, it will restart with the 2022 season and with new regulations to continue the story making people buy the game so they keep playing it. Only bad thing is that you can't choose a path in the story making it completely linear.

• Menu style - worse (white, more click's to access things)

I do see that everyone needs to go to every little thing. Why bother with something that is not even play related. Its just a menu.

• Graphics - Pretty much same, but running 2 times worse

Mhh I played every F1 game on high settings and from game to game I see some differences but not too much in the last 3 games I would say. Some better other worse, but knowing that we have two teams working in different games it is kinda normal to have graphic differences between the games and sometimes that feels weird. 

3 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Every single year this forum is full of criticism instead of really helping. I understand everyone's frustration about the big amount of bugs present in this game.

However, there won't be a single year where the game is gonna be PERFECT. Unless everyone wants to be without a F1 game during like 2/3 years.

Game just came out and is obviously normal that at the start there are lots of bugs. Did not get a single one that makes my game unplayble tho. The only frustrating thing is that most of the bugs have been in the game for some years now. For the people that are all the time moaning about it, why don't you go work in Codemasters and help, I see a lot of people that "seem" really good on that.

The R&D system this year seems pretty much more "complex" and personally I like that, it has a more "professional" look and upgrades are not only separated by engine,aero,chassis and durability as they are separated inside the topics (like aero as front wing, rear wing e.tc, chassis as weight dristibuition, tyre wear e.tc). Don't care too much about the liveries as I just want to race and have a car that represents my country colors (portugal). You can obviously have some more direct affect in events on your departments that may affect something and choose the money/acclaim/resources won to reduced,standard or increased. Last year everyone was shouting in the forums because it was too easy to get a good car and there should be options to reduce our income. Now we have it, and no one seems to care about it. Dont understand why!

Indeed sad that classic cars and short tracks have been removed (even tho I did not use them too much) but I may think they did not want to take much time with them and focusing in bringing the new tracks as fast as possible are probably the main objective. Championships were indeed good to play and I liked it.

Well that was a nice new mode, that could have been featured in the next game so it would be the 2019 F2 season, having 2020 and 2021 in F1 and pass to 2022 with the new cars. However I understand that they wanted to include this now it a marketing effect. With the story "ending" in this game, it will restart with the 2022 season and with new regulations to continue the story making people buy the game so they keep playing it. Only bad thing is that you can't choose a path in the story making it completely linear.

I do see that everyone needs to go to every little thing. Why bother with something that is not even play related. Its just a menu.

Mhh I played every F1 game on high settings and from game to game I see some differences but not too much in the last 3 games I would say. Some better other worse, but knowing that we have two teams working in different games it is kinda normal to have graphic differences between the games and sometimes that feels weird. 

It’s just a menu…

yeah where you go to fine tune your wheel, you FFB, your camera settings and stuff. Things you want to do quick.

now camera is in a submenu in stead of readily available, and missing the option to hide the menu which is blocking the screen. It’s quite annoying to set all the camera settings PER CAR when before you could pause, go up 3 clicks and you are in the menu and insta adjust without the menu in your face.Now it’s pause, settings, look for camera because it’s always in a different position depending on the mode, adjust something, exit the menu, see if it works and if not go back.

there is zero sttucture in the settings menu, the things we use the most are constantly on different positions. I’d rather have a list then a grid full of too big buttons which are always something else.

normally you could go blind into the menu’s because there was structure, now it’s a mess.

they always say: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

42 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

I dont agree with mentality: It is just 2 weeks out, it is not a new game. It is somehow upgraded/downgraded game from last year. You are paying 75 euros to something what is not finished and it looks like they have never played it

1 hour ago, AlexTT said:

It’s just a menu…

yeah where you go to fine tune your wheel, you FFB, your camera settings and stuff. Things you want to do quick.

now camera is in a submenu in stead of readily available, and missing the option to hide the menu which is blocking the screen. It’s quite annoying to set all the camera settings PER CAR when before you could pause, go up 3 clicks and you are in the menu and insta adjust without the menu in your face.Now it’s pause, settings, look for camera because it’s always in a different position depending on the mode, adjust something, exit the menu, see if it works and if not go back.

there is zero sttucture in the settings menu, the things we use the most are constantly on different positions. I’d rather have a list then a grid full of too big buttons which are always something else.

normally you could go blind into the menu’s because there was structure, now it’s a mess.

they always say: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

If you think that the menu is one of the most important things to be improved that's your opinion, as long as I'm able to setup what I want im fine with it. Already saw people complaining about the background color. I do prefer a more friendly background, but cmon a color? There are really more important things to correct than just a background.

26 minutes ago, JanKondler said:

I dont agree with mentality: It is just 2 weeks out, it is not a new game. It is somehow upgraded/downgraded game from last year. You are paying 75 euros to something what is not finished and it looks like they have never played it

I understand the frustration when we're talking about bugs that have been in the game for years and that people that actually come to the forums and care about the game to give constructive opinions and ideas for future games to improve it. But this is not made in just a click. If they had the opportunity to have the infinity gauntlet with the infinity stones they would do it. But this games take time to do even more talking about a time where the calendar changes almost every month and layouts change when they're not scheduled to. This things take them by surprise and than they need to choose if they want to include this or that, or if they want to improve this or that. They barely have a year to do the game, and some informations sometimes come late. Maybe they want to invest more on next years game as new regulation will arrive and they don't want to repeat the failure of F1 2014 when new regulation came out too. 

People just need to understand they have to keep calm and wait, not everything we ask will be in the game, but maybe someday it will be.

And remember that license is a big factor here, as not everything is allowed by them to be included even if codemasters want.

Edited by Tomasslb24

My thoughts so far is Im likeing the game overall , Some things i dont like , the kerbs for one i think they are too overpowering and you spin far too much in the game , its ok for all the esports drivers or the really good players on here but for the average Joe like me its quite frustrating , they just need toning down a little in my opinion, or maybe an option to do so.

Over than the endless bugs every year , I like it , i like the new additions to My Team alot , as thats what i play mostly. Braking point is alright , i would like to see more consequences to your actions rather than having to restart coz you failed to win the F2 championship. Id like to see the game branch off into another narrative when you fail at something, maybe one or two different endings ? i havnt got to the end yet but its extreamly linear so i guess there is only one ending.

Over than that , good job codies👍

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

My thoughts so far is Im likeing the game overall , Some things i dont like , the kerbs for one i think they are too overpowering and you spin far too much in the game , its ok for all the esports drivers or the really good players on here but for the average Joe like me its quite frustrating , they just need toning down a little in my opinion, or maybe an option to do so.

Over than the endless bugs every year , I like it , i like the new additions to My Team alot , as thats what i play mostly. Braking point is alright , i would like to see more consequences to your actions rather than having to restart coz you failed to win the F2 championship. Id like to see the game branch off into another narrative when you fail at something, maybe one or two different endings ? i havnt got to the end yet but its extreamly linear so i guess there is only one ending.

Over than that , good job codies👍

In a bizarre way, i'm exactly the opposite!   The only thing I concurred with is that i'm liking the game overall. 

• Regarding the kerbs; i'm a massive fan. Last year, i found it dull when not around other cars as it was just a case of circling around. Now I have to make sure im making the most of every lap.  I'm not exactly a handy player but it's helping me to improve by seeing where my limitations are on corners.
  • MyTeam - I don't think much has changed at all?  The only thing I can think of is the R&D pathway which is exactly the same in the way you unlock things but with a less friendly interface. I'll admit it looks nicer but it's so much more complicated to work out what unlocks what that it's disconcerting to newer players. 
  • Braking Point - When I first went through it, I thought "this is okay". Now i've had time to think about it, it gets more disappointing the more I reflect.  There were two things I didn't overly want from the mode.  I thought the game would possibly achieve one or the other, but somehow it managed to do both.
    • Where everything is fixed and you have to achieve certain things - You have to win the F2. You have to do certain things like catch them by 'this lap'. When every player plays the same game with such a rigid storyline, it doesn't hold much intrigue.
    • Where nothing you do actually matters. - You can win a race in a Williams and there isn't a fanfare about how Aiden is the best rookie there has ever been / Casper is still the driver that we were told he once was.    You could lap the field and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to how the game perceives you. 

I'm not saying everything they've changed is bad, per se.   I just don't think many of the non-gameplay changes have particularly improved anything... at all. They've just been changes for the sake of changing things.  I agree that the gameplay has been top-bananas for me though and I think they've done an okay job. Not everyone has the same opinion though as there's alot of negativity around the first two weeks 😆