Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • A detailed description of the issue: when you have small amounts of wing damage (light green to light yellow), the wing damage does not show at the damage model. Even if this happens many times, the wing will stay full green, but the performance is horrible. Jeff will also tell you that you have wing damage and after doing it a few times there will even come up a new pit strategy which tells you to box the same lap, and they will change your wing while wing replacement is on auto and the damage model still shows a full green wing.
  • Report Code: RDVB-XAMA-RKCG-KHVG
  • Platform: PC / Steam
  • Game-mode: All
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: Don't think this is needed because this is a development issue and not a crashing issue
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: None
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party:
    In the video you can see that I hit some other cars to get wing damage, right after hitting Ricardo Jeff first tells me that I have minor wing damage and instantly after that I get a new strategy. Which replaces my wing, as you can see in the end of the video.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: Get small amounts of wing damage, after doing it 1 to 3 times the wing will still be fully dark green while Jeff will tell you that "you have minor wing damage", after doing it a few more times there will come up a new strategy which tells you to box, they will repair your wing while it is still fully green.

    @steviejay69 is this everything you need?
Edited by steviejay69
quote unneeded in report
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UndercoverNL said:
  • A detailed description of the issue: when you have small amounts of wing damage (light green to light yellow), the wing damage does not show at the damage model. Even if this happens many times, the wing will stay full green, but the performance is horrible. Jeff will also tell you that you have wing damage and after doing it a few times there will even come up a new pit strategy which tells you to box the same lap, and they will change your wing while wing replacement is on auto and the damage model still shows a full green wing.
  • Report Code: RDVB-XAMA-RKCG-KHVG
  • Platform: PC / Steam
  • Game-mode: All
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: Don't think this is needed because this is a development issue and not a crashing issue
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: None
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party:
    In the video you can see that I hit some other cars to get wing damage, right after hitting Ricardo Jeff first tells me that I have minor wing damage and instantly after that I get a new strategy. Which replaces my wing, as you can see in the end of the video.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: Get small amounts of wing damage, after doing it 1 to 3 times the wing will still be fully dark green while Jeff will tell you that "you have minor wing damage", after doing it a few more times there will come up a new strategy which tells you to box, they will repair your wing while it is still fully green.

    @steviejay69 is this everything you need?

Perfect thank you 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ABR Ryann97 said:

I feel this is a slight issue to especially for slight damage I think maybe the colour on MFD can be changed a bit 

It's one of the biggest problems if you ask me, lol. The colours are not the problem, since even if they want to replace your wing it still shows green, while at that point it should be dark orange+. And you can see the différance clearly between dark green and dark orange / red.

Now, if you drive in to the pit without knowing you have wing damage, they will repair your wings while you may not even want them to. Also, you don't know when you want to play back something due to not wanting to end last or restarting the whole session again because your wing has been blown off.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Have marked as a suggestion for a wider range of colours of damage so you can see what is affected better. This would, in theory, fix other issues too.

  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 5:17 PM, BarryBL said:

Have marked as a suggestion for a wider range of colours of damage so you can see what is affected better. This would, in theory, fix other issues too.

To me "a suggestion" sounds as a very low priority, while the bugg itself (not the suggestion to make (wing) damage show more clearly) is one of the biggest and most important in game bugs if you ask me. And I am beginning to get very annoyed by the fact that even the heavier wing damage is not showing on the HFD. Which makes me drive the whole race with damage which I can't rewind anymore due to not showing on the HFD and losing even more time on a pit stop which repairs the wing.
And I am very sure a lot of other players which just don't drive perfect races struggle with this to.

Sorry for complaining, but I just wanted to make sure this gets priority and is seen as an actually very big issue instead of just a suggestion.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, UndercoverNL said:

Just wondering, is this patch in 1.06 also a fix for this problem above? MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.
 

Edit: nope still not fixed.

No it is not, however with developers.

But minor damage does now show up on the MFD

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Apologies. Patch note below:

 "MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage"

I'll speak to the testing team on this and see if they have replicated. I haven't experienced this in either my Online racers in the FC or in my Driver Career mode as of yet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, BarryBL said:

Apologies. Patch note below:

 "MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage"

I'll speak to the testing team on this and see if they have replicated. I haven't experienced this in either my Online racers in the FC or in my Driver Career mode as of yet.

I have images to show this is still an issue if needed. May help you replicate it even though they're not very high quality 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Finlay48 said:

I have images to show this is still an issue if needed. May help you replicate it even though they're not very high quality 

yea the issue stayed exactly the same as in the video. You can always send your full bugg report here to help resolving the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • A detailed description of the issue.

I am aware this was meant to be fixed in update 1.06 but I'm afraid this isn't the case. Has happened multiple times on multiple different tracks throughout myteam career mode but I suspect it occurs in different modes also. Basically if you very gently tap a wall you get front wing damage which you can feel in the handling, you can also visually see it, and your pitcrew know because they will change the front wing but there is no colour change on the mfd and the mfd also doesn't pop up. I run with both car damage and car damage rate both set to standard.

  • Report Code

ADCX-MVBC-SMVA-HBEG

  • Platform?

PS4

  • Game-mode?

Myteam career mode (I suspect it occurs in all single player modes at least)

  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Tried fiddling about with damage settings but the same thing occurs

  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

IMG_1181.thumb.JPG.8b6c4a076f2f9043ae9958b81287cb01.JPGInkedIMG_1182_LI.thumb.jpg.38c6420f064568719a9fbc832ae917f6.jpgIMG_1183.thumb.JPG.e8711175f6f05b11f93fa4841f65f3c4.JPG

  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

go to any track, gently tap a wall with your front wing with damage set to standard. Not too hard as you'll get lime green damage on the mfd, just until it looks like it does in my photo. Then flick through to the mfd and the front wing colour will not have changed compared to a fully repaired front wing. You could also drive around a bit and feel how much extra understeer you get.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...