Jump to content Jump to content

Can we push next teir for podium pass sooner,  sitting on level 5 for another 45 days making worthless XP daily is frustrating. I may just get bored of it waiting over a month for the next progression. Maybe make it more difficult to earn xp?

It has to be fair from the most frequent user to the least frequent users.  Just because you've managed to make it quickly doesn't necessarily mean that someone who can't play the game as often can make it anywhere near as quickly. Changing it to make it more difficult to earn XP would just alienate significant portions of the fanbase without inconveniencing you at all. 

I can't see this idea getting much traction as it would seem more inhibitive than helpful but they may be able to integrate a Podium Pass XP Gain slider for future iterations.  They definitely won't move the podium pass forward though. 

• Agree 1
  • Codemasters Staff
40 minutes ago, Dominus99 said:

Can we push next teir for podium pass sooner,  sitting on level 5 for another 45 days making worthless XP daily is frustrating. I may just get bored of it waiting over a month for the next progression. Maybe make it more difficult to earn xp?

Hey, why don't you tell us how you're earning XP very quickly? 😛 Congrats on completing it already though but unfortunately we can't bring it forward 

3 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hey, why don't you tell us how you're earning XP very quickly? 😛 Congrats on completing it already though but unfortunately we can't bring it forward 

OP is definitely a bit hardcore LOL

Though I'm also almost done with it too so I can't wait for the next one to come, I just want more liveries and decals to play with! (Also can you ask if it's possible to make the decals purchased from the shop and podium pass to be usable as cosmetic item in MyTeam as well?...a shame that I can't use those classy logos as or pretend them to be sponsors 😔)

Edited by DRTApophis
4 hours ago, Dominus99 said:

Bear in mind that for those who have less time/energy to play as much as you clearly have (like me) it can be a challenge to complete even the 30 main tiers in the 8 week time frame. 

How many hours have you played so far out of interest? You must have been pretty dedicated to the game to have completed everything already!

I do think it would be good if in addition to the Podium Pass tiers there was also some sort of overall progress tracker for the game that didn't reset for each PP season. Even just an running XP total would be something.

2 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

OP is definitely a bit hardcore LOL

Though I'm also almost done with it too so I can't wait for the next one to come, I just want more liveries and decals to play with! (Also can you ask if it's possible to make the decals purchased from the shop and podium pass to be usable as cosmetic item in MyTeam as well?...a shame that I can't use those classy logos as or pretend them to be sponsors 😔)

Yes I guess I'm a bit hardcore with the game, a lot of time on my hands. 

It genuinely felt easy though so I'm just assuming it must be easy for others as well, its not like I'm a expert driver. Just grinding my team and driver on "full" or "long". So the length of time between teirs seems extensive but I do realize now yeah I have put a lot of hours daily into this.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

How many hours have you played so far out of interest? You must have been pretty dedicated to the game to have completed everything already!

I've done a handful of online races most evenings and I'm already about to complete the pass as well. It could do with perhaps the extra XP earned that goes nowhere being saved so it can be used in some other way. Perhaps allow those with saved XP to unlock a specific tier faster in the next pas if there's an item they want, at least reward the additional time spent playing. 

I'm not really a fan of the whole thing in general though. 

It doesn't help that this pass is not really full of usable items. Most of the liveries are either quite garish or pretty meh. The clothes and 'podium emotes' have been just bad jokes tbh. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

I've done a handful of online races most evenings and I'm already about to complete the pass as well. 

How many total hours have you played though? I think you'll find it's more than you may think. Unless XP earned in ranked races can be much higher than other game modes I suppose? How many XP do you get per lap and for winning?

I noticed this week that it looks like XP are earned faster in weekly events than they were in GP mode in the last game (50 XP per lap vs 30) but I've yet to double-check in the new game.

I'm wondering if those who play online more may find XP are accrued faster and so reach the end of the Podium Pass sooner...

I don't suppose anyone's worked out how many XP are needed to complete all Tiers in the 2021 game? At launch in F1 2020 it was 101,500 XP but that's when it stopped at 30. After the progression changed I didn't get above tier 26 to find out but the way the XP per tier was rising it looked like a higher total, and that was before the additional levels beyond Tier 30.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1

I'll add that the main reason I started looking at the numbers as above was because for me in the last game I found it a real challenge to complete each Podium Pass season. One factor will have been that I played a lot of TT mode to learn tracks and get faster but this only gave 25 XP per clean lap and no XP for invalidated laps. You got bonuses for improving times or beating rivals but it was probably still the least time-efficient way to earn XP.