Jump to content Jump to content

Anyone had any thunderstorms?

I believe the thunderstorm icon has been in the last 2 games, although I can't remember ever seeing one, but have had the SC deployed in heavy rain. I was wondering if anyone has had one yet and if perhaps you see flashes of lightning? 

I've not had the thunderstorm icon in F1 2021 yet, but I had it once or twice on F1 2020. Once in quali and once in a 5 lap race, so there was no SC deployed. But it was very heavy rain, visibility was almost no where. I couldn't really see any lightning from the sky tho, although at Canada it felt like the track was lighting up a little bit on the long DRS straight but not at any other place, so I doubt it had anything to do with lightning

I had it in the 2020 edition where it produced an odd occasional flash more than looking like lightning. That's probably the low level output screen I was using at the time and would have looked better on a dedicated screen. 

I've not had it on 2021 and i've not had a SC for heavy rain, but that would be a nice event if it is an actual thing (since red flags aren't a thing, probably for the best as there's not much to gain from a red flag in a race situation, i'd say)

Interesting that I will have a thunderstorm race in Britain in my career and will be the first one in this game, if I see any thunders/flash I will update it, tho in 2020 i had some thunderstorm races and indeed there were flashlights and SC came out twice.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, Tomasslb24 said:

Interesting that I will have a thunderstorm race in Britain in my career and will be the first one in this game, if I see any thunders/flash I will update it, tho in 2020 i had some thunderstorm races and indeed there were flashlights and SC came out twice.

WoW, I've never seen this in an F1 game before. I've seen different icons indicating more rain than usual, but no thunderstorms. If anyone has screenshots please post them 🙏🏼

18 minutes ago, AngelDR21 said:

WoW, I've never seen this in an F1 game before. I've seen different icons indicating more rain than usual, but no thunderstorms. If anyone has screenshots please post them 🙏🏼

image.png.157a4bcb8196decdd8f42d39f3f41001.png

There you go!

I have not made it into the race as I've been playing co-op with a friend and can't tell if there any "flashes" during the race but if I see I'll come here and tell.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

image.png.157a4bcb8196decdd8f42d39f3f41001.png

There you go!

I have not made it into the race as I've been playing co-op with a friend and can't tell if there any "flashes" during the race but if I see I'll come here and tell.

Amazing! Thanks! 👀

• Agree 1

Ok so I made the race some hours ago and I didn't notice any flashes in the sky, however I noticed the sky got even more darker than usual.

Not sure if the level of the graphics affect or not but I play with weather effects on high so that's probably not a problem.