Jump to content Jump to content

Wheel rotation issue

So, the problem is that more speed I have, less wheel rotation will be. F1 2020 game, but i tested in F1 2018 the problem the same. I'm very sad because i very love F1.

My wheel: Logitech g923

0 km/h - 360 degree like in my settings

100 km/h - I rotate full 360 degree, in the game is like 270 degree

200 km/h - I rotate full 360 degree, in the game is like 180 degree 

I don't know what to do 😞

4 hours ago, NöuZ3Nt said:

So, the problem is that more speed I have, less wheel rotation will be. F1 2020 game, but i tested in F1 2018 the problem the same. I'm very sad because i very love F1.

My wheel: Logitech g923

0 km/h - 360 degree like in my settings

100 km/h - I rotate full 360 degree, in the game is like 270 degree

200 km/h - I rotate full 360 degree, in the game is like 180 degree 

I don't know what to 😞

Are you on console or pc???

Edited by DerpTheThird

Yeah, I use G HUB. I set their 360 degree wheel rotation. But how I said, in the game is always changing the maximum rotation degree, that depends on your speed, in slow corner or fast corner. like some driving assist that you can't turn off. 

What about steering calibration settings in the game options? linearity or saturation - I think one of them affects the steering sensitivity at higher speeds (can't remember which one).

It's all set to 0, so it no effects on the steering. I tried to reinstall but its still same. I fill like it some sort of steering assist that I can't turn off, when you off the track is really make same as at speed of 200 km/h, when I for example make I make full move of the wheel to right and in the game he does half of that move.

Very strange... 

I have similar issue. 
Driving slowly - steering wheel works correctly.
Driving faster and faster - steering wheel becomes more stiff and requires more force to turn, which reflects in less smooth steering (precision).

Figured out that lowering general Force Feedback in game helps a lot, but also makes less feeling on other effects.
Also there is no option for "Wheel Weight" separately. 

I would say the quicker you go, more "centering spring" you can feel. I have Driving Force GT.

This is the force feedback, but my problem is literally, that if you go fast, the steering angle can get twice less in the game relative to the angle to turn with your hand and the real steering wheel.

Maybe will try to buy F1 2021, and will see if something will change, maybe reinstall my drivers, but I think it will not help. I had the same problem with F1 2018 that I also tested, so weird 😞

I’m having the exact same issue on Xbox with thrustmaster F1 wheel. 

i’ve spent hours today trying different settings, nothing works

90° turn on my wheel is 180° in the game and the wheel weight is extremely heavy. I physically cannot turn my wheel beyond 90° Whilst in a session. 
I switch back to other F1 games and it’s fine. 

On 7/28/2021 at 6:07 AM, DominikT said:

Driving faster and faster - steering wheel becomes more stiff and requires more force to turn, which reflects in less smooth steering (precision).

This reflects real life behaviour though?

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
On 7/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, Ultra3142 said:

This reflects real life behaviour though?

You are completely right on this. I am a bus driver IRL and that applies to bigger vehicles as well.
I figured out my issue, it was waaaay to hard, so I lowered overall FF settings and raised the others to balance and it is awesome now.

• Like 2

Like @Ultra3142 it seems like intended behavior to simulate real life experience and taking the hint from @DominikT, very likely user's fault at not setting it up correctly?

The game stiffening up the driving shaft the faster I go sounds exactly the kind of force feedback experience I want.

Thanks for the respones, I play Assetto Corsa, Competizione, played lots of time in 2018 F1 game. And it was not like that. I can also say that the wheel is in the center go little bit right and left, like shaking while i'm hold the wheel strong in center.

Very strange, think like faster you go, less you can steer the wheel, in game steering, you make physically 90 degree wheel rotation to the right, in the game you got 45 degree (while you set 360 overall of course)

When you at 0 speed you don't have this problem. I just wanna give up, terrible problem.