Jump to content Jump to content

Photo Mode: Photos are just Black screen. [PC]

Hi, so i needed to use photo mode to grab some screenshots for my league for our upcoming season & everytime i take a photo with it, the end result is just a 1920x1080 black screen image.

I have tried changing video mode settings, lowering effects and highering some too. I saw a post on reddit that said to disable things like "reshade" which i am not using at all so i am at a loss as to why i cannot use photo mode in F1 2021. This is on PC. I have tried restarting my game many times and tried on various tracks, cars & weather cycles to no success.

This needs fixing soon!

6 hours ago, HardyRacing said:

Hi, so i needed to use photo mode to grab some screenshots for my league for our upcoming season & everytime i take a photo with it, the end result is just a 1920x1080 black screen image.

I have tried changing video mode settings, lowering effects and highering some too. I saw a post on reddit that said to disable things like "reshade" which i am not using at all so i am at a loss as to why i cannot use photo mode in F1 2021. This is on PC. I have tried restarting my game many times and tried on various tracks, cars & weather cycles to no success.

This needs fixing soon!

A funny similar thing in F1 2020 and it was due to an overlay transparency issue from Discord I believe.

check you don’t have something enable like that. 

I shall try and find the thread and link it here

1 hour ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

Try this, appears to be the same.

disable any other application overlays, fps indicators, discord, anything

You are a life saver! Didn't realise discord overlay glitches it, Thank you so much for the help!

• Agree 1

@BarryBL

suggest this issue makes it to known issues or similar. As it’s something coming forward from 2020. Not that anyone looks at known issues or FAQ I guess.

may not specifically be a game issue more W10, but if it manifests itself in a game feature perhaps a reference to it would be advised.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69

Discord is messing with this game because it's so bleeding edge kewl they just don't test it.

And they flat out ignore the TS ticket I raised. EGO Dumper, not our problem. Err, it was your software that changed, nothing else.