Jump to content Jump to content

Hungaroring flawed tyres graphics - PS4/PC (Nvidia)

• A detailed description of the issue.
  • At Hungaroring (and Baku Turn 15 exit) the tyres edges and sidewalls look whitish, almost frosty, especially (but not only) noticeable in weather Overcast (dry).
  • Report Code
  • SMXP-GKPH-XSMM-EAKJ
  • Platform?
  • PS4
  • Game-mode?
  • Solo Grand Prix and TT (I don't play online)
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried?
  • No idea what I could do
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue?
  • Video included
  • How do you make the problem happen?
  • Racing at Hungaroring with overcast weather
  •  
Edited by zApPaDiEtRo
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed that too that tires look weird on this track, playing on very low graphics. GTX 2080 - odyssey g7 - display port. Seems like they reflect the sky really hard

Edited by Feuerbanane
54 minutes ago, Feuerbanane said:

I noticed that too that tires look weird on this track, playing on very low graphics. GTX 2080 - odyssey g7 - display port. Seems like they reflect the sky really hard

Can't replicate on AMD RX5700XT - LG 32 QHD - DP - tried Ultra/Med and Ultra Low.

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you give us some more info on your display (type of connection, brand of TV/monitor, resolution, etc.)

It's not a problem of the tv/monitor. I have the same bug on PS4 pro. You can reproduce this very easily: weather option must be on overcast setting. I think it's the same bug, like the tunnel in Monaco. 

23 minutes ago, maulwurfmann83 said:

It's not a problem of the tv/monitor. I have the same bug on PS4 pro. You can reproduce this very easily: weather option must be on overcast setting. I think it's the same bug, like the tunnel in Monaco. 

Well for example this could be a HDR issue. I don't have HDR and I don't have the issue. 

There are two ways to go on this, you can all either give the information that's asked for so we can make an inference or a probability call. It's triage.

Or we can play a guessing game and you can delight in telling us how wrong we are without the benefit of all the information?

38 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Well for example this could be a HDR issue. I don't have HDR and I don't have the issue. 

There are two ways to go on this, you can all either give the information that's asked for so we can make an inference or a probability call. It's triage.

Or we can play a guessing game and you can delight in telling us how wrong we are without the benefit of all the information?

Display: Samsung uhd TV nu8000

System: ps4 pro (resolution auto) 

1. Pic hdr on and 2. Hdr off and on both the same shiny tyres with overcast weather 🤷‍♂️

PS_App_20210803_072103.jpeg

PS_App_20210803_072111.jpeg

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, maulwurfmann83 said:

Display: Samsung uhd TV nu8000

System: ps4 pro (resolution auto) 

1. Pic hdr on and 2. Hdr off and on both the same shiny tyres with overcast weather 🤷‍♂️

PS_App_20210803_072103.jpeg

PS_App_20210803_072111.jpeg

Thank you. You might know you've tried, but without it in the report we can't know.

No such thing as too much information....except when there really is too much information 🙂

• steviejay69 changed the title to Hungaroring flawed tyres graphics - PS4/PC (Nvidia)
17 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you give us some more info on your display (type of connection, brand of TV/monitor, resolution, etc.)

PS4 Slim, HDMI cable connected to Panasonic TX-L19X10E (1366 x 368)

Graphic Settings. Gamma: Default, HDR: Off

Weather: Overcast Dry/Midday

Two videos below. The 1st (uninterrupted): at 0:00 Brazil Overcast/Midday race start, 0:28 Retired from session, 1:47 Hungary Overcast/Midday race start (timing clickable in description). The 2nd: Hungaroring towards turn 2, Clear/Midday, less evident tyres glare even with fine weather.

I'm aware that lots of other issues need to be fixed before this, just wanted to make sure it's not ignored. 🙂