Jump to content Jump to content

Marcel Kiefer said the handling will completely changed

Some E-sportler and YouTuber are confirming, that Codemasters is planning to release a handling patch which should make the cars slower because they are way to fast. Nothing directly from Codemasters at this point.

3 minutes ago, RaserPaul said:

Some E-sportler and YouTuber are confirming, that Codemasters is planning to release a handling patch which should make the cars slower because they are way to fast. Nothing directly from Codemasters at this point.

Well isn’t that a surprise?😂

sometimes people make it so easy😜

Edited by AlexTT
1 minute ago, RaserPaul said:

The eSports guys may may know from elsewhere but Tom97 has said he's been told by Codemasters that the cars will be being made slower. He's deliberately not posted any setup videos yet as they may be rendered pointless.

guys don't worry, physics is and will always be the same. It will only increase drag and decrease downforce. The cars will be approximately 1-1.5 seconds slower. Several youtubers have already talked about it, you have to stay calm.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, TFBISE16 said:

So will the time trial leaderboards be wiped?

If it turns out there is a significant change then then this would certainly seem the logical thing to do.

I can see any change made now being unpopular with many but taking the view this is a game to be played for the next year I'd personally be in favour if it made a worthwhile improvement.

• Agree 1

Any change for the better is more than welcomed. I bought this game to have fun playing, not to set a time bending fast lap and let it rest. 

2 hours ago, SidioManeKONATE said:

Is all the time I did setup wasted? Wasted all the time learning the tracks? Wasted all your time?

I chuckled.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

guys don't worry, physics is and will always be the same. It will only increase drag and decrease downforce. The cars will be approximately 1-1.5 seconds slower. Several youtubers have already talked about it, you have to stay calm.

In 2019 they did the same and after the handling patch the physic was horrible in the end.

I just hope it’s not like two years ago.

@David GrecoDo you have informations about That?

Edited by Jaketa
12 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

I have abit of confusion regarding how you say physics is and will always be the same and then mentioned that the drag and downforce are changing which are quite important parts of the aerodynamical physics of the car and how it interacts with a lap on the track. 😂  Changing anything will have an impact, surely?

Hopefully it isn't anything too noticeable, just slower, but the last time they changed it drastically mid-game a few years ago, I remember it got alot worse and there were an awful lot of complaints about how the patch broke peoples enjoyment of the game. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Actually, I dont have any problem with the cars in game being a second or two faster than IRL F1, because a) this gap will narrow over the season as IRL cars are being developed and b) who doesnt want to be faster than Lewis in a game^^. But i DO HAVE a problem with all these cheaters in multiplayer and time trial, and I would expect that Codemasters finally rules them all out by implementing some software that will not accept laptimes that are unrealistic (typically driven with all assists on).

• Agree 1
16 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Actually, I dont have any problem with the cars in game being a second or two faster than IRL F1, because a) this gap will narrow over the season as IRL cars are being developed and b) who doesnt want to be faster than Lewis in a game^^. But i DO HAVE a problem with all these cheaters in multiplayer and time trial, and I would expect that Codemasters finally rules them all out by implementing some software that will not accept laptimes that are unrealistic (typically driven with all assists on).

On some tracks it's fine, but in Bahrain you can be up to 5 seconds faster. It just doesn't feel right.

• Agree 1

They are to fast yes but for me the issue is in certain sector they are absolutely flying and the average player just can't match it even on a pretty average difficulty. I've had to drop from 103 to 96 this year which is fine but Austria first two sector in qualifying is fine tenth to my teammate here or there then sector 3 7 tenths off . Then I do same in f2 and I'm fastest in sector 3 so I'm not a noob at that corner drove it on many games and never been nearly a second off in 2 corner's.. Then other tracks ie Brazil , Hungary on 96 I'm back to a tenth or so off which is great love the challenge . Also apparently this issue is at dutch track also where they just flying in a certain sector ... 

8 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

They are to fast yes but for me the issue is in certain sector they are absolutely flying and the average player just can't match it even on a pretty average difficulty. I've had to drop from 103 to 96 this year which is fine but Austria first two sector in qualifying is fine tenth to my teammate here or there then sector 3 7 tenths off . Then I do same in f2 and I'm fastest in sector 3 so I'm not a noob at that corner drove it on many games and never been nearly a second off in 2 corner's.. Then other tracks ie Brazil , Hungary on 96 I'm back to a tenth or so off which is great love the challenge . Also apparently this issue is at dutch track also where they just flying in a certain sector ... 

This thread is about the cars being too fast for human players as well as the AI.

• Agree 1
56 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

This thread is about the cars being too fast for human players as well as the AI.

Yeah - the AI are fine, they got tougher but that’s fine we can just reduce our AI level. Fact is all the cars, human or AI are capable of lapping far too quickly compared to real life.

Dave Gaming said in his newest video, that the changes will be probably focus the problems of the current handling (some curbs, the spinning etc.)

Probably the changes won’t be that high.

Edited by Jaketa