Jump to content Jump to content

Will time trial leaderboard percentage ever be added back?

In all the previous F1 games your time trial time on the main time trial leaderboard would show what percentage of the world times you were in, for example top 10%, top 22%

Ever since last years game this is now gone, and it is not back in this game.

The percentage bracket your time was in on the leaderboard was a much used feature.

Will it ever be added back?

Edited by TomAAA

I liked this feature too, Tom - would be glad to see it return.  Making the leader-boards filterable by car (were performance has not been balanced) would also be good.

• Agree 1

@RedDevilKT Can this issue be passed onto the devs. It was a simple yet great feature in the other games of the series, seems weird that it has been removed. Was a great way to know where you were in the world on the leaderboard 

I would like this. At the moment I have a spreadsheet where I track times and calculate the percentage but it's strange this apparently simple function was in older games but got removed. Since player numbers increase over the life of the game, the percentage is much more meaningful than the actual position.

• Agree 2

Agree - would like this back as well. The lack of overall flexibility in the time trial leaderboard has been a continuing point of frustration - assists vs no assists, etc.

• Agree 1

We also need buttons to jump up and down the TT leader boards by 1000 each time you press it. It's hard to find different players to try their setups. I can only go from my spot on the timings to a faster guys ahead of my by 1000 or 1500 spots so many times before I give up. 

• Agree 2
11 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

We also need buttons to jump up and down the TT leader boards by 1000 each time you press it. It's hard to find different players to try their setups. I can only go from my spot on the timings to a faster guys ahead of my by 1000 or 1500 spots so many times before I give up. 

You can access the setups of the top times though, which I'd have thought are more likely to be useful?

@Ultra3142 haha maybe the top 50 consists of either eSports aggressive setups or cheaters' setups. Us plebs could use some top 1000 mundane setup with a good compromise of straight line speed and drivability on cornering.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, marioho said:

@Ultra3142 haha maybe the top 50 consists of either eSports aggressive setups or cheaters' setups. Us plebs could use some top 1000 mundane setup with a good compromise of straight line speed and drivability on cornering.

I wondered if someone may say this 🙂. Lots of people around 1000th place may use copies of the top times' setups though of course.

I generally use setups more aimed at race performance from YouTube or elsewhere.

• Agree 1

Same. The role tires play in car performance in this game and consequently the impact that Time Trials' tire babysitting has on your drivability is immense, maybe even more this time around. I'm using TT solely to relearn my lines and only GP to build setups.

@Ultra3142

Sometimes I just want to test setups of guys like 2000 or 3000 places in front of me, not 10,000. It takes a long time to get there and if I don't like the setup of the guy I loaded his setup, I have to start at me and cycle back to him where I set him as my rival. It would be nice if if just went back to the same guy I just set as my rival so I did not have to search for him again. This is a huge waste of time. If I could press the up 1000 a couple times, I'd be in the ballpark and would not have to sit there holding up on the D-pad as long. 

• Like 1