Jump to content Jump to content

Edited by xjordi97x
Was genuinely reporting it as a bug. But according to a moderator with a joke attitude it’s not.. I use this on mobile and can’t delete the thread so just delete it.
  • Disagree 2
7 hours ago, xjordi97x said:

What the heck has happened to Japan!? 
kerbs are practically missiles. The second you touch one in the first sector you go flying.. 
The racing line isn’t even right for where you should be flat out or on the brakes. Not even the correct lines into the corners. 
We finally had a decent Japan last year and now it’s gone again.. please fix it.
  • Platform: Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode: All modes
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:

Played around with the whole setup for a while. 9-7 wings, as soft a suspension as possible. 7-9 ride height and nothing even helps the issue. The only choice you have is to not take the normal line and lose time.. 

I’m not sure what the bug is here? Personally i’m enjoying Japan more than i ever have. Maybe this comes down to set-up and driving style. We just cant abuse the kerbs anymore.

• Agree 4
53 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

I’m not sure what the bug is here? Personally i’m enjoying Japan more than i ever have. Maybe this comes down to set-up and driving style. We just cant abuse the kerbs anymore.

That’s literally it, you can not hit the kerbs on any exit or you’re stumped. Got to adapt and I love it. Took me ages in practice to get a good rhythm! 

9 hours ago, xjordi97x said:

kerbs are practically missiles. The second you touch one in the first sector you go flying.. 
The racing line isn’t even right for where you should be flat out or on the brakes. Not even the correct lines into the corners. 
We finally had a decent Japan last year and now it’s gone again.. please fix it.

Played around with the whole setup for a while. 9-7 wings, as soft a suspension as possible. 7-9 ride height and nothing even helps the issue. The only choice you have is to not take the normal line and lose time.. 

Post a Video from your drive before writing books here.

Actually i cannot confirm your judgement,so maybe it is your way of driving which makes it hard for you.

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Sebastian Vettel's Onboard Pole Lap | 2019 Japanese Grand Prix | Pirelli - YouTube

look at the Pole qualifying lap from 2019, and compare this with your driving.

maybe you will find your mistakes.

imo Suzuka makes a lot of fun to drive

I don't know if it's exposing some people's knowledge of driving but it's surprising how many people think drivers have just been dropping the throttle on a curved or uneven curb when this is just not the case nor is it what is meant by attacking the curbs. 

Vettle almost had a wobble hitting too much of the last curb coming out of the esses there. Very accurately portrayed in the game this year. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
6 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

Yes, same here. I had to do laps at Suzuka to join a team and loved it. Suzuka and Monaco were my less desirable tracks, now I love Suzuka this year even in the rain! Now I’m doing T1 flat out. 

Edited by RhysWon1
14 hours ago, xjordi97x said:

Japan last year was atrocious with those ridiculously rough kerbs, it's a lot more enjoyable to drive this year, you just needs to respect them with your steering angle and right foot to ride them comfortably, kerbs are unforgiving at the moment you stop trying to adapt.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

Post a Video from your drive before writing books here.

Actually i cannot confirm your judgement,so maybe it is your way of driving which makes it hard for you.

This, 100%. And what @2Pacalypse (what a gorgeous username) said.

It's impractical and, frankly, boring as heck to discuss handling and car behavior without either a video or a thorough report from the player. 

T Throttle is not binary, it is not a either full or closed input. The game registers every minute step of user input and yet people complain like if they're expecting to drive a Clio on Gran Turismo Sport with default assists on. And here I'm being generic, not targeting OP at all.

Just watch any real F1 onboard. The top 20 drivers in the world, the select few that are able to take these 1000BHP downforce beasts, they all have to partially lift and make micro adjustments to steering virtually every time.

Mate, I cannot go from clean asphalt to thin layer of dust on a freaking bicycle without making sure to have my steering right and dialing my awareness to a attentive 7 at least!

Anyway, you're wasting time and patience adjusting wing levels. The aero components of these car are designed having a stable platform in mind and going wide open throttle over curbs is anything but stable.

Until you get the gist of the improved handling, raise ride height to give your suspension some needed clearance and for the love of everything holy increase your Rear Toe to maximum or near max. That's this game's training wheels.

Edited by marioho
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 2 months later...

Japan is the worst track so far in F1 2021. The fact that the AI can literally take the curbs around Japan at almost full speed is ridiculous. I have tried plenty of setups to reduce the icy curbs, but nothing. I have the AI on 92 and most tracks I can be competitive being within .5 ahead or behind. However, on Japan I am almost 1.5 seconds behind the AI on sector 1 purely because they take the curbs at full speed. Meanwhile I slightly touch my wheel on the curb and I'm off the track without question. 

I literally have to avoid the curbs to actually set a time in. But that time is always 2+ seconds behind the AI, its a joke. This bug needs fixing as it is just unplayable. Now I'm having to remove this track from the season, so I don't have to deal with this nonsense of a track. 

PLZ SORT THE CURBS OUT.

1 minute ago, Tw1sssted said:

Japan is the worst track so far in F1 2021. The fact that the AI can literally take the curbs around Japan at almost full speed is ridiculous. I have tried plenty of setups to reduce the icy curbs, but nothing. I have the AI on 92 and most tracks I can be competitive being within .5 ahead or behind. However, on Japan I am almost 1.5 seconds behind the AI on sector 1 purely because they take the curbs at full speed. Meanwhile I slightly touch my wheel on the curb and I'm off the track without question. 

I literally have to avoid the curbs to actually set a time in. But that time is always 2+ seconds behind the AI, its a joke. This bug needs fixing as it is just unplayable. Now I'm having to remove this track from the season, so I don't have to deal with this nonsense of a track. 

PLZ SORT THE CURBS OUT.

For me, I also have the same problems at Zandvoort

Japan was like this at launch but I disagree it's still like this. I've been doing the weekly event today and hammering the kerbs with only minimum issue, ensuring that I'm not just outright hitting the throttle with a wheel on the kerb which is what will cause a spin. 

• Agree 2
8 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Japan was like this at launch but I disagree it's still like this. I've been doing the weekly event today and hammering the kerbs with only minimum issue, ensuring that I'm not just outright hitting the throttle with a wheel on the kerb which is what will cause a spin. 

Are you on wheel or pad?

3 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Are you on wheel or pad?

Wheel, and if you were to say a month ago the place is a nightmare I'd 100% agree, especially the esses I felt like I was dropping to about 20 mph just to get through, lol,  but the adjustment has changed it massively. 

You still have to be careful as with the kerbs in general though, it's not a total rewind of the changes they made, but even just judging by the lack of DNF's today it's night and day difference. 

1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

Wheel, and if you were to say a month ago the place is a nightmare I'd 100% agree, especially the esses I felt like I was dropping to about 20 mph just to get through, lol,  but the adjustment has changed it massively. 

You still have to be careful as with the kerbs in general though, it's not a total rewind of the changes they made, but even just judging by the lack of DNF's today it's night and day difference. 

The thing i think about is that its easier to be smooth with the steering angle on wheel compared to pad, needs to be learned sure, but you just got much more control which is IMO why so many people still struggle with it because they are just a bit too much turning in while on the kerb

5 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

The thing i think about is that its easier to be smooth with the steering angle on wheel compared to pad, needs to be learned sure, but you just got much more control which is IMO why so many people still struggle with it because they are just a bit too much turning in while on the kerb

Fair point. Poster doesn't say what they're using. I haven't played on a pad since before the last couple of patches, but surely it's seen some improvements as well?

Just now, KNT2011 said:

Fair point. Poster doesn't say what they're using. I haven't played on a pad since before the last couple of patches, but surely it's seen some improvements as well?

Yeah i felt its a bit easier because of the suspension changes but then again im not the smoothest on the steering, which is probably why i still hate the first sector in Japan with a passion lol, its gotten better but still much harder/not fun for me on pad, not saying wheel is easy of course

• Agree 1