Jump to content Jump to content

What happend to day 1/ Week 1 patch

Is there something new because the game is out near 2 weeks out now and the only patch was a small one for my team.

There are so many things that needs to be Patched the tracks espacially are way to inconsistent how the cars react one lap you will send Spinning next lap superior grip wins 0.2s. Random bumps nobody can expect to be there.

Game crashing end off Multiplayer lobby...

safety car broken again ... traditions? 

force feedback feeling like **** ... 

cars way to fast bahrain about 4-5 seconds... spa close to 2 seconds 

and the list goes on when I look into this forum 

and then you see codemasters doing maintenance work on f1 2020????

when will be a real patch which will make the game finally enjoyable because the base of this game is really nice but the fun gets destroyed by all these things above and many more which got Reported 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Bauer said:

The game is poor. I honestly want a refund. 

Kind of where I'm at. My preferred career mode driver name triggering a profanity filter that shouldn't even exist for offline play on top of a few other things I ran into while playing have really just led to this copy of the game sitting on my hard drive gathering digital dust while hopes for a patch to fix any of these things grow dimmer and dimmer... (Yes I know one will eventually come... but the passage of time to patch is really getting disappointing and honestly I may very well move onto something else by the time this game gets serious attention. I already have replaced the time I was meant to be playing this game with other stuff... so yeah.)

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

My preferred career mode driver name triggering a profanity filter

I have explained before but I'm confident this isn't true. It's the Williams F1 team that is causing your problem. I agree it still seems unnecessary but my guess is this may not be entirely Codemasters' decision.

In terms of a day 1 patch this was essentially version 1.03. The disc copy I installed was version 1.00. Many things are currently being worked on and tested for upcoming patches but realistically we aren't going to get more of an update than this until a patch is released I'm afraid.

• Agree 1

It would be weird to stricly filter out the name Williams when it can still be used as an audio name. That makes like... no sense. It also reacts to you attempting to use the name very much like it's intended to be a profanity/offense filter.

33 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

It would be weird to stricly filter out the name Williams when it can still be used as an audio name. That makes like... no sense. It also reacts to you attempting to use the name very much like it's intended to be a profanity/offense filter.

Try the name Ferrari and see if it behaves the same way.

11 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Try the name Ferrari and see if it behaves the same way.

Can confirm, Scuderia is also forbidden alongside any engine suppliers and team names that are included in the game. Though, if you're on PC there's a way to bypass it.

Edited by DRTApophis
43 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

Day one patch was released 3 days early so people could play the game the moment the game was Released and we had at least one patch since then too.

At least one? Or...one?

• Agree 1

Sounds like just the one if you ask me, at least if the issues with online are anything to go by. Also on a smaller random note but I'll say it anyway because I'm curious if anyone knows this, Any idea what the deal with the "League Racer" Achievement being unobtainable? I only ask as it's one of two achievement left for me to get (the other being tracked addiction which is doable) Thank you :3

Well we’re still waiting for them to fix f1 2019 and f1 2020 from a lot of the same issues so if that’s anything to go by I wouldn’t get my hopes up..

they have our 70 euro so why would they care 1 bit what we think? Just as long as you “unlist” the video’s you upload for bug reports so more people will spend the dough before they realise Lee and his masters at coding have been lieing again. 

00008576-8D60-4086-AF09-9BCE1C5912F3.thumb.jpeg.fa903ef3bfde38141d2399d2e494b9e0.jpeg

14 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Can confirm, Scuderia is also forbidden alongside any engine suppliers and team names that are included in the game. Though, if you're on PC there's a way to bypass it.

I'm on PC, how do I bypass this? I got a jordon honda mod. Maybe a PM if you got time?

1 hour ago, Ryne said:

I'm on PC, how do I bypass this? I got a jordon honda mod. Maybe a PM if you got time?

PM sent, hope it works out for you 🤞

It really sucks to have so many names censored for an OFFLINE game mode.

• Agree 1

This game was made by Codemasters employees mainly at home during the pandemic without all their equipment...how about we all just give them some damn time to work on patches and not moan we haven't had a performance patch or whatever else 🙄

Be respectful of their hard work despite the games issues, all games have issues so calm down

24 minutes ago, DerpTheThird said:

This game was made by Codemasters employees mainly at home during the pandemic without all their equipment...how about we all just give them some damn time to work on patches and not moan we haven't had a performance patch or whatever else 🙄

Be respectful of their hard work despite the games issues, all games have issues so calm down

I’ve got no complaints of how hard the developers have worked and continue to work, and as you say undoubtedly in difficult times the past year or so.  The blame for me lies squarely at the management that decided to go for such an early and impossible release date instead of having the balls to delay the game and give the developers the time they so obviously needed.  

You may be happy to accept paying full price for a game this broken and rushed, …but for many others it’s asking too much. It’s just a clear sign of greed and builds mistrust between the developer and the fan base that are loyal enough to buy the same game every year with slightly more features, ..or in this years case, less features than before. 

Im definitely not aiming this at you and I’ve been defensive of Codies in the past when people complain. But for me this game has pushed it too far, it’s an insult that they are charging full price for what is effectively a game still in very early beta form, no more no less. 

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Agree 1