Jump to content Jump to content

Communicating to online services - allow us option to cancel

Hi,

Despite having a super fast connection, I noticed yesterday night and today the “communicating with online services” has been constantly spinning for a long period of time. I just want to play time trial and cannot get past this stage, without restarting. The option to retry/cancel does appear sporadically.

Am on PS and have testing network connection (with the game open in the background) and got normal results (100 dl, 40 up) and no issues.

I understand sometimes there can be connection/ server issues, but please build in a permanent option to cancel when the game is “communicating with online services” rather than making us quit the game and try again.

🖖🏽

• Agree 1

I noticed this last night too. Eventually I was able to play offline (only play offline) but it took a while. Would be nice if we didn’t have to wait for this for offline play.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 4:49 PM, Monzie83 said:

Hi,

Despite having a super fast connection, I noticed yesterday night and today the “communicating with online services” has been constantly spinning for a long period of time. I just want to play time trial and cannot get past this stage, without restarting. The option to retry/cancel does appear sporadically.

Am on PS and have testing network connection (with the game open in the background) and got normal results (100 dl, 40 up) and no issues.

I understand sometimes there can be connection/ server issues, but please build in a permanent option to cancel when the game is “communicating with online services” rather than making us quit the game and try again.

🖖🏽

It’s happening again… three times in succession now with no option to cancel. I have waiting about 5 mins each time to see if the option to cancel appears. This time I have had network issues, but still - I just want to play offline. And cannot get past this stage.

While it is nice to sit and listen to the great music, please consider building in an option to cancel and use the game offline.

@BarryBL

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2021 at 11:45 PM, Monzie83 said:

It’s happening again… three times in succession now with no option to cancel. I have waiting about 5 mins each time to see if the option to cancel appears. This time I have had network issues, but still - I just want to play offline. And cannot get past this stage.

While it is nice to sit and listen to the great music, please consider building in an option to cancel and use the game offline.

@BarryBL

Hi @BarryBL is this something that is on the radar to resolve? Have seen a few more posts about this recently.