Jump to content Jump to content

I've been thrown out by AI almost every race.

Hi, everyone.

I'm a bit upset, so please do not judge my anger.

I've been playing F1 2021 with a friend (two player career mode), and so far (fifth race of the season) an AI has thrown me out 3 times. With no penalties whatsoever. 

Why should I even try to get a good position if I literally cannot finish a race without someone throwing me out of the circuit?

Regards,

Edited by zEmptyAlbiiz
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, zEmptyAlbiiz said:

Hi, everyone.

I've been playing F1 2021 with a friend (two player career mode), and so far (fifth race of the season) an AI has thrown me out 3 times. With no penalties whatsoever. 

Why should I even try to get a good time if I literally cannot finish a race without someone throwing me out of the circuit?

Regards,

What exactly are you referring to? What do you mean that they're throwing you out of the circuit?

Just now, slthree said:

What exactly are you referring to? What do you mean that they're throwing you out of the circuit?

I mean they literally push me out or they've done some sort of PIT maneuver on me.

It also happened that they closed in on me from the right, left and even from behind, so that I couldn't make the turn; on that occasion the car behind me did the PIT maneuver, and two others " drove" me off the track. In short, I either end up off the track or get my car damaged without them getting some penalties.

39 minutes ago, zEmptyAlbiiz said:

I mean they literally push me out or they've done some sort of PIT maneuver on me.

It also happened that they closed in on me from the right, left and even from behind, so that I couldn't make the turn; on that occasion the car behind me did the PIT maneuver, and two others " drove" me off the track. In short, I either end up off the track or get my car damaged without them getting some penalties.

Ok. Understood.

You probably play the game with a higher AI than I do. Since I just started, I'm using 60 for AI. I've had a few occasions where they were a little bit aggressive but nothing as bad as what your experiencing.

My bank is complaint is they tapped me from behind, like, a lot. I get a collision warning every time

Videos would help if you want to demonstrate a problem but generally I'd say you perhaps need to be aware that the AI may be a bit more aggressive like human drivers tend to be, and bear this in mind in terms of how you position your own car etc.

• Agree 2
11 hours ago, zEmptyAlbiiz said:

Hi, everyone.

Why should I even try to get a good position if I literally cannot finish a race without someone throwing me out of the circuit?

Regards,

Make a Video,it did not happen once to me yet,i have 10 races in my season now. I think the AI is pretty solid this year,best in recent years i would say. Maybe you should step back where you normally would have stayed last years against them. 

• Agree 2

I don't think there is something wrong with AI overall. They are racing. And it is quiet good since 2019. Often players think, the AI should avoid a crash at all costs, when the player is trying to overtake. But no, the player has to do either. A clean overtake is not easy. My expierence is that the most collisions are caused by the player and not by the AI. But yes, like all others say, we need videos to watch at your problems. 

• Agree 4
19 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

I don't think there is something wrong with AI overall. They are racing. And it is quiet good since 2019. Often players think, the AI should avoid a crash at all costs, when the player is trying to overtake. But no, the player has to do either. A clean overtake is not easy. My expierence is that the most collisions are caused by the player and not by the AI. But yes, like all others say, we need videos to watch at your problems. 

I would tend to disagree. I know the AI is designed as it is deliberately to make overtaking more difficult. They have deliberately removed things that made overtaking the AI easier but the only problem is it's led to the AI being aggresive enough on defense and overtaking that it actually puts a lot of onus on a player with limited controls vs real life if they're on a controller to avoid a collision. (Basically you are expected to drive with a level of precision that is effectively impossible.) This is an onus that I think makes the game a lot more frustrating for a great many players and significantly less fun. (I liken the AI to like... Bart from the Simpsons announcing he's going to wave his hands around while walking toward you and if you get hit it's your own fault.)

• Like 2
On 7/28/2021 at 12:49 AM, zEmptyAlbiiz said:

they closed in on me from the right, left and even from behind, so that I couldn't make the turn; on that occasion the car behind me did the PIT maneuver, and two others " drove" me off the track. 

And you're sure you weren't playing GTA?

• Disagree 2

Disagree about playing on a controller and level of precision required to avoid a collision. I'm on a controller and have no issues with the ai agression they are a lot better and I would argue that in dry weather they are the best ai available ... Wet weather not great tho ..... As suggested you just have to drive properly and not just like you own the road and the ai will give you some great battles... As someone who disables flashbacks it can be frustrating when I crash out due to contact with ai but it never them been overly agressive they just more racey and put up more of fights and will fight you back a lot harder . Which is great ....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, Zachrulez said:

I would tend to disagree. I know the AI is designed as it is deliberately to make overtaking more difficult. They have deliberately removed things that made overtaking the AI easier but the only problem is it's led to the AI being aggresive enough on defense and overtaking that it actually puts a lot of onus on a player with limited controls vs real life if they're on a controller to avoid a collision. (Basically you are expected to drive with a level of precision that is effectively impossible.) This is an onus that I think makes the game a lot more frustrating for a great many players and significantly less fun. (I liken the AI to like... Bart from the Simpsons announcing he's going to wave his hands around while walking toward you and if you get hit it's your own fault.)

Hmm.. well I don't agree with the sentence "Basically you are expected to drive with a level of precision that is effectively impossible." It is definitly possible, it is just a case of practise AND a case of fairplay.

The AI is designed for getting overtakes clean. If someone thinks the AI can be overtaken by an unclean overtake with a risk of collision, because when you hit the AI there is no human behind it, who could get angry or sth else, and as a AI they have to go away, then this is the wrong way of trying an overtake.

In my opinion the AI has to fight as hard as humans would do. A player should accept that not every try of an overtake is succesful. To leave space, to find a good spot and to accept that you are not alone in a corner while attacking, is a main point in a racing game, especially in F1. Thats the DNA. And next to it, it belongs to the sport, that a player has to accept that he can get overtaked by another driver / AI. A lot of player are not able to accept that and like to crash then. I dont't want a restrained AI just because of missing sportsmanship of some players. You cannot insist on holding your position, when someone behind is faster than you. You can try to defend but sometimes it is clever to let someone go, if the car is already next to you. 

But in point I totally agree with you: It is difficult to learn the precision and accept this behaviour on track for new players. Having your own car under control, driving clean and leaving space to other drivers are a lot challenges in the game. But for me, this is what really makes fun. 

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
29 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

that a player has to accept that he can get overtaked by another driver / AI. 

I feel like those who can embrace their immersion, that they are being overtaken by Alonso or Sainz or whoever, and can engage in the kind of character play that needs, are able to race fair and enjoy the AI battles. For a lot of people, they know it is an AI bot and they don't feel like they should ever be beaten by an AI bot. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

The AI is just super unrealistic, and I don`t know why people think, they are getting better or smarter or what ever.

- Since years, we have the same GTA Train of AI, they can follow for 50 laps in a gap of 3mm of the gearbox to front wing, without any contact or understeer or something...

- The problem in AI is their handling, the only slider is AI level = their lap time speed & aggressiveness. Each car and driver should be calculated individually, what kind of racing line, speed in corners etc they are using. (advice: follow a lap in the cockpit from the perspective of the AI, you will see how unrealistic they behave in some corners with speed entry and exit... it is like the pit limit assist, from 300 km/h to 80 in 0,000001 sec)

- Why then do the drivers even have a rating? If you set car performance to equal, the chance is high that Nikita or another "bad" driver (depends on rating) could easily win a race. 

- their stupid behavior in outlaps/inlaps during practise or qualifying. You will pass them and going away from the racing line and brake, what they do? they also brake...and wait. Then if you start your hotlap, they will fight you...***?

- If they cant pass you for laps, suddenly they start to hit you from behind on the straight line, even if you don`move. If not, then they make super unrealistic dive bombs, where they never would hit the apex or the corner in generell, but nope in this game they always can.

- They also nearly don`t have any damage caused by collisions, no matter vs AI vs Human player. 

Next 2 Player career Race i will save a video and post here, all these things you will see....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
49 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Since years, we have the same GTA Train of AI, they can follow for 50 laps in a gap of 3mm of the gearbox to front wing, without any contact or understeer or something...

The AI are battling each other all the time when I play, so I really don't see this at all. 

• Agree 2
9 minutes ago, Jagr25Scp said:

It could be just my bad analysis or coincidence but when I play I get the feeling that AI is more aggressive in the career for two players than just for one...

That's an interesting point. For clarity my own experience so far has been in GP mode and weekly events.

2 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Lap 1 first corner of the race so yea most starts go like that . Go around the rest of the lap and see them battle . 

Exactly. It's not like this for most of the race. The cars spread out, often ending up battling side by side, and do complete overtakes.

You can see this in all the gameplay footage on YouTube and I see the same.

• Agree 1