Jump to content Jump to content

I've been thrown out by AI almost every race.

3 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Lap 1 first corner of the race so yea most starts go like that . Go around the rest of the lap and see them battle . 

Bro you are blind as hell...

compare the gameplay footage with the actual real life 1st lap./ 1 st corner 

Race Highlights | 2021 British Grand Prix - YouTube

1lap/1corner all cars are driving different lines, speed, speed corner, braking points..etc. 

in this game...nope! All 20 cars are same...like a GTA train, it is predictable and unstoppable 

• Like 1
On 7/28/2021 at 9:12 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Videos would help if you want to demonstrate a problem but generally I'd say you perhaps need to be aware that the AI may be a bit more aggressive like human drivers tend to be, and bear this in mind in terms of how you position your own car etc.

I don't have videos because I'm not the leader of the career, so I can't save the replay of the race... or maybe I don't know how to do it!

Just people looking for issues that ain't there . You want to see ai train go play 20 then come back to this and you will see the difference . Also run races longer than 5 laps and the races are pretty action packed . So no complaints about the dry ai from me ... Wet yes train behavior still there but dry is a huge improvement....

• Agree 2

@2Pacalypse go play 20 m8 and then play this I'm not saying there isn't issues still but it a big improvement. And game is never going to replicate real life fully is it ... But generally people are saying the ai this year a marked improvement ....

I can't tell if people are trying to say that the first part of the race is where nothing happens or what, but if you can see something like that and not find it jarring then fair play to you. 

The AI is better this year, overall, but when I just breeze past Leclerc in the last corner of the race for a top 5 spot and he makes no moves to defend his position, it's still showing there's a long way to go. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Agreed the first corner has always been a issue with this series and still is . But I'll take a poor first few corner but better racing for the rest over poor overall from last year .....

2 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

- If they cant pass you for laps, suddenly they start to hit you from behind on the straight line, even if you don`move. If not, then they make super unrealistic dive bombs, where they never would hit the apex or the corner in generell, but nope in this game they always can.

That was what I was referring to, they hit me with no reason from behind most of the times and I can't accept if someone try to explain to me that this is "real" behavior from the AI...honestly!

• Agree 1

The ai defend a lot against me so not sure what track or corner your experience was on or what difficulty you on . I agree still long way to go but I can't think of a better dry ai to race against . Acc nope , pc2 nope , if you know one let me know and I'll pick it up ...

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, zEmptyAlbiiz said:

That was what I was referring to, they hit me with no reason from behind most of the times and I can't accept if someone try to explain to me that this is "real" behavior from the AI...honestly!

One question: But in the race does AI only do this to 1 player or 2 players?

I am wondering about the posted video. I never had such a expierence and I believe @2Pacalypse when he said he made those expierences too. But I always had good racing with losers and winners when i play the game. 

Maybe the AI Level is difference here? I play the game with 97 level. What are your levels? It seems there is a big difference in agressivness depending on the AI level. I thought it just makes a difference in case of pace per lap. 

1 minute ago, Jagr25Scp said:

But in the same race ?

? As I wrote before, this has happened to me in 3 races out of the 5 I played... it also happened yesterday, so make it 4.
There's races in which it only happen to me or him and other to both.

I have noticed the first corner procession issue at places like Monza, Silverstone and the like.   Other places with wider entries like Spa and Baku can be okay.  Annoying that you can cut through like 6-7 cars by a massive divebomb and you can pretty much guarantee you'll be fine,

Some AI drivers do take advantage of being released from the train if they're already side by side but it's still weird to think "hey, I qualified well in 12th" and you're battling to the first corner and then you see someone like Giovinazzi absolutely caning it from 19th to 11th with a divebomb before he holds you up for a few laps.  It is pure chance that causes that.

Generally a few laps in, they become more interested in racing and can get abit aggressive but I think AI that acts like other (sensible) online players would is a nice change to them just letting you waltz pass.  Although, I had Norris almost put me in a wall Schumacher-Barrichello style a few races ago which is a little too far but it's preferable to no challenge at all.   I still find they're alot more useless in the wet and just follow each other in the spray. 

1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

I can't tell if people are trying to say that the first part of the race is where nothing happens or what, but if you can see something like that and not find it jarring then fair play to you. 

The original suggestion was that it was like your clip all the time, which it isn't. AI cars are regularly side-by-side battling to overtake each other, as well as battling with the player. 

Obviously the AI isn't perfect but I am enjoying racing against them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As I started playing 2021 I really enjoyed the aggressive AI, but midway thru My Team season 2, it can be a bit annoying at times.  I’m not referring to moving in the braking zone, or how they defend.  My specific grip is how they attempt overtakes.  For the most part, the AI overtake attempts happen as they would in a real race.  However, the AI will occasionally attempt an overtake in areas where no reasonable F1 driver would ever place their car.  Places where unless you completely bailout, there will be contact, because the AI can’t make their apex.  I’ve gotten contact several times because the AI chose to put us 2 wide, sometimes 3 wide in areas where a single car has difficulty traversing.  First lap, I understand, it chaos and that’s why the Stewards tend to be more lenient, unless it’s just obvious, but I run 50% races.  A lot of these moves occur well beyond the first lap.  I don’t mind smart aggressive racing, I do mind when it feels like every AI car is driven by Pastor Maldonado.  Maybe a patch to address the extra grip the AI seems to have in certain areas will alleviate some of these overtakes. Overall, I still prefer the challenge of this AI, I’ll adjust. 

Edited by Benji27477
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Err, who is Casper?

F1 2021 Gets Launch Trailer Highlighting Story and Visuals - Somag News

The worlds unfriendliest ghost driver, i'd presume?

I haven't seen the tweet as i'm at work and Twitter is blocked so I don't know the context. I thought it was a reference to the fact the fictional characters have twitter accounts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

F1 2021 Gets Launch Trailer Highlighting Story and Visuals - Somag News

The worlds unfriendliest ghost driver, i'd presume?

I haven't seen the tweet as i'm at work and Twitter is blocked so I don't know the context. I thought it was a reference to the fact the fictional characters have twitter accounts. 

Ah yes, I'm sure you're right 🙂. I've not tried Braking Point yet. I'm taking the view that for a likely one-time play through it makes sense to wait for issues with it to be resolved. Plus I'm not overly interested anyway but I will at least try it eventually.

I've just been having a quick play starting from the back at Silverstone to compare to the video above. For this situation I think AI level may be playing a role in what people see. As extreme examples, below is first a video for 0 AI (where I deliberately didn't start properly to not hit anyone 😛) followed by one at 110 AI (that I'm not good enough to keep up with!) The 110 AI behaviour is far more train-like, although not completely so, whereas there is much more side-by-side action at 0 AI.

YouTubers like Alex Gillon, Tiametmarduk and Aarava all consistently see 'action' in-race at high AI levels though.

Edit: I realised the first video is clearer on a big TV than phone so I had a go at recording another but repeats showed less side-by-side action so maybe it's more random than AI level related?

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, zEmptyAlbiiz said:

? As I wrote before, this has happened to me in 3 races out of the 5 I played... it also happened yesterday, so make it 4.
There's races in which it only happen to me or him and other to both.

Videos of the incidents help with proving this @zEmptyAlbiiz.

The AI behaviour, although in some situations not perfect, is much improved over the past 2 years. In previous years, you could just 'divebomb' a AI into the braking zone and they would practice social distancing and get out of your way, even when they have the advantage.

Not anymore. Its critical the AI are able to attack and defend. Without video, its hard to measure. Are you diving from too far back? Are there 3 cars? As IRL, without footage of the incidents, both drivers in question will see their side only.

Personally, I find the AI a massive step forward and will give as good as they get. Long may that continue.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Videos of the incidents help with proving this @zEmptyAlbiiz.

The AI behaviour, although in some situations not perfect, is much improved over the past 2 years. In previous years, you could just 'divebomb' a AI into the braking zone and they would practice social distancing and get out of your way, even when they have the advantage.

Not anymore. Its critical the AI are able to attack and defend. Without video, its hard to measure. Are you diving from too far back? Are there 3 cars? As IRL, without footage of the incidents, both drivers in question will see their side only.

Personally, I find the AI a massive step forward and will give as good as they get. Long may that continue.

I have to say I agree with this, obviously not every situation is ideal but I guarantee not every move I make is perfect. But I love I can't just divebomb 5 cars into a corner and the AI actually are aggressive and I need to be patient to overtake 1 car every few laps rather than get half the field inside the first lap haha.

• Like 2