Jump to content Jump to content

Why did the damage model change ?


Recommended Posts

I found this video just now : 

 and as the video shows, the damage model in the final release is completely different from the one shown in the beta version. I really wonder, why ?? It was one of the things most people were really excited about, a proper damage model is something the community is asking for, since forever, and for some reason you changed it back to how it was on F1 2020. Same goes for flat spots, it was there in the beta but not there in the final game. Why ? Just why ?

 

Edit : Same channel, after patch video, still not like the beta build : 

 

Edited by Veeyron
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henricus12 said:

I think that's because the damage of the rear wing didn't look realistic at all. But they could've kept the sidepods scratch and damage visually

Well I mean, it's even worse now

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest problem its to find the correct amount of damage the car needs to take. Rear wing damage looked bitten even if the car behind rammed you with the front wing, which was supposed to not damage that much the rear wing itself if it didnt launch the car. Also, such a massive rear wing damage would force to retire which coddie didnt enforce it yet, so there is that to consider.

 

My tyre blows fine though

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hichel18 said:

I think the biggest problem its to find the correct amount of damage the car needs to take. Rear wing damage looked bitten even if the car behind rammed you with the front wing, which was supposed to not damage that much the rear wing itself if it didnt launch the car. Also, such a massive rear wing damage would force to retire which coddie didnt enforce it yet, so there is that to consider.

 

My tyre blows fine though

Honestly, I think if they really wanted, they could EASILY produce a top tier damage model with millions of unique particles flying around and carbon fiber bits and the car being torn to pieces and looking completely destroyed, beam ng style, but unfortunately the sponsors are there so we will have that. And as of the tyres I think the problem is on console or playstation 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Veeyron said:

Honestly, I think if they really wanted, they could EASILY produce a top tier damage model with millions of unique particles flying around and carbon fiber bits and the car being torn to pieces and looking completely destroyed, beam ng style, but unfortunately the sponsors are there so we will have that. And as of the tyres I think the problem is on console or playstation 

I think you’re overestimating codemasters here mate… they can’t even make a lobby advance to the next session reliably, or make a penalty system that makes sense, or display correct information on the lapcounter/leaderboards.

I honestly agree with the assessment that they probably tried… realised it wasn’t better, took their losses, and made sure to not tell anyone before they payed 70 euro. 
 

a company that after 3 years hasn’t managed to produce a working league mode.. I wouldn’t give them much chance of making a “top tier damage model” 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, Bicarda said:

I think you’re overestimating codemasters here mate… they can’t even make a lobby advance to the next session reliably, or make a penalty system that makes sense, or display correct information on the lapcounter/leaderboards.

I honestly agree with the assessment that they probably tried… realised it wasn’t better, took their losses, and made sure to not tell anyone before they payed 70 euro. 
 

a company that after 3 years hasn’t managed to produce a working league mode.. I wouldn’t give them much chance of making a “top tier damage model” 

yeah you're right 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...