Jump to content Jump to content

1 hour ago, Huddo said:

Can you please ask the developers to switch ray tracing off on the PS5. It brings very little positive to the graphics but makes the showroom and the replays stutter and screen tear (replays). It was much better before this patch with no stutter and is an issue with ray tracing bringing down the fps well below the 30fps. 

Thank you.

This… 

do they even test it before turning it back on? Even a blind person can see the stuttering and screen tearing. Jezus!

Although i don’t think it’s due to raytracing on ps5 side (otherwise much better looking games like miles morales would have the same issues)  It’s that stupid ego engine i think. Although CM would never admit it’s THEIR fault and they screwed up again because coding is too hard apparently. 
But hey, this is the only title which suffers from this nonsense with raytracing, others run flawless, so we all know better.😉

that said, now we’re stuck for 10 weeks with RT enabled and stuttering, looking at the speed they fix things.

I’m so happy!😑

Edited by AlexTT
  • Agree 2

On my PS5 the game was finally stable with the 1.04 patch (no crashes), but since today’s 1.05 update I have experienced multiple crashes in the middle of a single player my team career race.

Edited by Ohms507
Typo
32 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Unhelpful. To all those posting here asking Barry if specific fixes are included when not in the patch notes, please go and test them yourselves. You found them and the replication steps. Instead of having to consider responding to you he can be off collecting more information on other issues.

Also, please understand that the fixes here are fixes that are here now. I'm sure that we would all like to see no issues, but they have chosen to give you these fixes now rather than wait until say some of the other more pressing fixes that are maybe not yet identified or tested and will take a little longer are rolled up.

Please, if something IS stated as fixed in the patch notes, by all means tell us if it is not!

Why post stuff like that then

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-24 205617.png

Is it me or is the steering better with the patch. It feels smoother with the PS5 controller. With the reanabling of the raytracing feature my shadows on the tracks and the grass looks better. Was it a fallbackmode in 1.04. It looks a lot better now.

- now the 120 Hz seems to be working probably. It feels a lot smoother now in 120 hz

- negative with the reimplementation of raytracing comes back the awful screentearing in the replays.  It would be nice to have a mode to turn off te raytracing in replays. It looks like that the old ego engine can not handle raytracing  as good as modern engines that are written for raytracing. Increase the overall detail instead. We need not this quality of raytracing.

- the game feels better for me overall

Thank you for your hard work. 

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
1 hour ago, Huddo said:

Can you please ask the developers to switch ray tracing off on the PS5. It brings very little positive to the graphics but makes the showroom and the replays stutter and screen tear (replays). It was much better before this patch with no stutter and is an issue with ray tracing bringing down the fps well below the 30fps. 

Thank you.

It's the same on Xbox Series X. Replays, highlights, showroom, interviews and some cutscenes are very low fps, it breaks the flow of the gameplay. I always hit the A button on the controller ASAP to skip them and prevent the console to crash, because that happens too. Does anybody ever tested these parts of the game? I doubt it.

please codies fix that stupid ai im getting very sick of this ive tested it with patch 1.05 but the same issue happens even after patch 1.05 please fix this stupid game breaking bug with the ai in high speed corners!!!😡😡😡

45 minutes ago, F1Aussie said:

Mouse implementation on PC when?

They didn't implement this since 2010 so I guess it will be brought to the game in the next patch.

13 minutes ago, MAK said:

They didn't implement this since 2010 so I guess it will be brought to the game in the next patch.

Have you seen anything suggest it will be coming to the game at all?

@BarryBL I have been playing the game on high graphic setting since the launch of the game without any problems.
Since patch 1.05 I got consistently 5 fps on the same graphic setting, so that the game is basically unplayable. Turning the graphics down to mininmum settings didn't help either.
I have no idea what to do the game is unplayable for me since the new patch.
Sorry for my bad english, english is not my first language.

EDIT: I let Steam do a troubleshoot and everything works now

Edited by ASoul

Hey on PS5 is replay not nice , screanteering on the ingame movies .

Strange after a update i see not the real ray traxing back on game .

So a hope your fix this and is a perfect game love it ♥️

For all with screentearing on the PS5. I´ve set my TV now to the PC Mode and the screentearing is totally gone in the replays. The performance is like on 1.04. I´m using a nano 90 nanocell tv. I´m using the 4k quality mode, because I like the crisper image. For me the singleplayer modes are now absoloutely playable. Steering is very responsive with the dualsense. You can drive the most curbs now like on 2020. You can correct the car now much better and super fast.

I can only speak for the dual sense.

I have no crashes no slowdowns nothing since the update. 

When will you fix the trophy/achievement  "Complete a league event"? It is currently unobtainable even upon completing a league event or claiming a league medal from the mailbox. 

1 hour ago, SilvesterSaNN said:

that's not a major one. That's a hotfix

Thats a bit harsh, especially so from a new member with 3 postings...

To be fair, this is not a content patch, it is focusing bugfixes only. Thats not a bad thing, given the time that passed since release and that we have reached v 1.05 meanwhile. They are consistently working on things, and you can be confident the content patches will follow. Hopefully soon (TM) 🙂

The next patch is in build. Perhaps 1.05 is a smaller patch but definetly not a hotfix. They cannot do more than work on a patch. If someone look on steamdb you can see they change packages on night and day. They work around the clock. The last three days. 

I can´t understand user that want that the patch will rushed out. It takes a bit of time. Is it a brain bug.
Ok, it is not to accept, that the game was released in this unfinished state, but I think CM are crunching at the moment. CM´s workers are not machines they are humans with families, friends and a private life. I hate it when I read, that someone would fire the half team when he was the boss. How childish is that ? 

I think CM shows us that they do something. 

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 3