Jump to content Jump to content

@BarryBL Can you tell me are you looking into graphics issues on Xbox One? I feel like I'm playing the game from the 90s, track limit white lines and all details in the distance is so pixelated and blurry, I can barely see the apexes when approaching. Motion blur doesn't do a thing when changed. Others games' graphics work fine it's just F1. It's literally unplayable.

• Agree 1
15 hours ago, Neumannat0r said:

I know the point of this wasn't the AI wrecking into you on the way into the pit... but I've just got to say it... The AI is absolutely wreckless in the new game. I was told to slow my delta during a safety car in Spain. I was on the front straight about half way down it by the pits... I get Alonso SMACHING into me at 190mph from behind. Somehow destroying my front wing, and he went through untouched. This happed right after Riccardo spun me out going into the hairpin turn on the back straight, and being cut off in the breaking zone twice lol

no, I just meant to drive into the wall in a pit stop.

16 hours ago, Tadas107 said:

@BarryBL Can you tell me are you looking into graphics issues on Xbox One? I feel like I'm playing the game from the 90s, track limit white lines and all details in the distance is so pixelated and blurry, I can barely see the apexes when approaching. Motion blur doesn't do a thing when changed. Others games' graphics work fine it's just F1. It's literally unplayable.

Yes, in online modes it seems that the graphical quality gets even worse... Having just played f1 2020, comparing, feels the blow of the graphical downgrade.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, domitvs said:

Having just played f1 2020, comparing, feels the blow of the graphical downgrade

Its strange that so many people agree on this and i wonder what it is due to? I cant fathom that they willingly tune down the graphics quality.

One thing that seems problematic is the downscaling of car details / textures / objects next to the track, once they are a bit further away (iow how far ahead you can see objects in full detail). That seems harshly overdone, it just does not look n feel right, a car that is more than 1 car ahead looks more like in motorsport manager mobile... Not to talk of the tree textures, details and such, they look awful sometimes, like copy pasted from 2016 or so. I sincerely hope Codies get that corrected soon. If that was the price to pay for "next gen ray tracing" then i dont want that in my games.

• Agree 2
37 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Its strange that so many people agree on this and i wonder what it is due to? I cant fathom that they willingly tune down the graphics quality.

Possibly the new handling and damage models mean that graphical compromises had to be made for the game to run well on the base model last gen machines?

Edited by Ultra3142
On 7/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, Pilske said:

Its not hating if multiplayer aint working from start

I was referring to the way people speak to the devs on here sometimes . 

On 7/28/2021 at 11:55 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Please see below for patch notes for version 1.05. This will is available for PS and PC platforms now, with Microsoft coming at a later date. We are working hard with Microsoft to get this to our Xbox users as soon as possible. Full notes below:

• Improvements to DLSS implementation  
  • Resolved a crash that could occur after returning to a ranked lobby if the lobby had split 
  • Addressed an issue where players could be split into a placeholder lobby when re-matchmaking in ranked  
  • Rebalanced Prologue and chapter 9 of Braking point on Hard difficulty  
  • Addressed a crash when previewing items within the Podium Pass  
  • Addressed a crash when Player 2 quits in Two-Player Career Player career while Player 1 is in an interview 
  • Addressed a crash with UDP if the number of active cars was zero  
  • Addressed a crash when editing colours of customisation items  
  • Addressed issues regarding Ray Tracing on PS5. Ray Tracing has now been re-enabled  
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when saving an F2™ highlight from Grand Prix mode  
  • Addressed an issue where Two-Player Career could be locked to equal performance 
  • Addressed an issue where players could be placed on sub-optimal tyres during an F2™ Sprint race 
  • Addressed an issue where the game could briefly stall when passing the start/finish line in one-shot qualifying  
  • Addressed an issue where only the lobby host would be notified that the Virtual Safety Car was ending  
  • Added option to select Ray Tracing quality on PC 
  • Disabled keyboards as an input device on Xbox to resolve an issue with detecting wheel inputs when re-assigning controls. This will be re-enabled once the underlying issue has been resolved with system firmware.  
  • General stability improvements 
  • Various minor fixes 

This is the second patch (and the first major one) of this game cycle, so we are still working hard to get as many fixes to issues out as possible.

Many thanks,

Barry

Can't believe I spent $70 on this on Xbox.   You can't join any online games via browse, errors and more errors, feels like early access pre-alpha jank (Even though the Xbox Series S on DMZ, where the hell are your dedicated servers, peer to peer $70 game, REALLY?), the graphics genuinely look horrible on Series S, you can tell it was an afterthought, I swear the thing renders at 720p.

Not impressed at all on Xbox, especially considering I bought Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione at a fraction of the price and those titles likely had a fraction the size of devs of the F1 series and puts it to SHAME, online works, dedicated servers, everything just WORKS.

Hope EA takes a meaningful look at CodeMasters' Xbox guys, the game isn't in a good place on the platform.

Was expecting much more from CM than a dodgy license flip.

Edited by Bluegoon
  • Agree 1

No mention on fixing the Fanatec Xbox steering issue which makes the game unplayable. Not sure how an "officially supported" setup is broken and no news on a fix. Owned the game since launch and unable to actually play it...

• Agree 1

Since patch 1.05 the game has caused a total crash of my computer several times on my team races and even practice.   Everything just goes black and then a windows message saying the program has run into a fatal error and the computer needs to restart. Also, I have lost all function to my wheel on several occasions. I turn the base off then back on and can sometimes get it to work. I am on PC / STEAM using fanatec cswb 2.5 and formula v2 with APM. 
however, on a positive note, the extremely hard wheel jerk to the right at the beginning of a race on my force-feed back wheel is no longer happening since the new patch has been released. 😁

On 7/28/2021 at 11:55 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Please see below for patch notes for version 1.05. This will is available for PS and PC platforms now, with Microsoft coming at a later date. We are working hard with Microsoft to get this to our Xbox users as soon as possible. Full notes below:

• Improvements to DLSS implementation  
  • Resolved a crash that could occur after returning to a ranked lobby if the lobby had split 
  • Addressed an issue where players could be split into a placeholder lobby when re-matchmaking in ranked  
  • Rebalanced Prologue and chapter 9 of Braking point on Hard difficulty  
  • Addressed a crash when previewing items within the Podium Pass  
  • Addressed a crash when Player 2 quits in Two-Player Career Player career while Player 1 is in an interview 
  • Addressed a crash with UDP if the number of active cars was zero  
  • Addressed a crash when editing colours of customisation items  
  • Addressed issues regarding Ray Tracing on PS5. Ray Tracing has now been re-enabled  
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when saving an F2™ highlight from Grand Prix mode  
  • Addressed an issue where Two-Player Career could be locked to equal performance 
  • Addressed an issue where players could be placed on sub-optimal tyres during an F2™ Sprint race 
  • Addressed an issue where the game could briefly stall when passing the start/finish line in one-shot qualifying  
  • Addressed an issue where only the lobby host would be notified that the Virtual Safety Car was ending  
  • Added option to select Ray Tracing quality on PC 
  • Disabled keyboards as an input device on Xbox to resolve an issue with detecting wheel inputs when re-assigning controls. This will be re-enabled once the underlying issue has been resolved with system firmware.  
  • General stability improvements 
  • Various minor fixes 

This is the second patch (and the first major one) of this game cycle, so we are still working hard to get as many fixes to issues out as possible.

Many thanks,

Barry

39 minutes ago, Odin104 said:

Is there an update on when the Imola and porteguese and suadi arabia en turkish tracks will be put in the game 

No.

Turkey won't be in the game.

Edited by Ultra3142
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Turkey won't be in the game.

Which is a shame.

Yes we know all the blabla about official calendars, pandemic and whatnot, but Turkey is driven for 2 consecutive years now, and not being able to drive the real deal in an official FIA F1 game just does not feel right. Should be in 2022 game as a backup race, by then it will be 3 years and for sure enough time to add that circuit to the game. The pandemic / instable FIA F1 calendar situation will not change and it will be wise to have some backup circuits with the game (China, Australia, Turkey e.g.). My 2 cents only ofc ...

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

Which is a shame.

Yes we know all the blabla about official calendars, pandemic and whatnot, but Turkey is driven for 2 consecutive years now, and not being able to drive the real deal in an official FIA F1 game just does not feel right. Should be in 2022 game as a backup race, by then it will be 3 years and for sure enough time to add that circuit to the game. The pandemic / instable FIA F1 calendar situation will not change and it will be wise to have some backup circuits with the game (China, Australia, Turkey e.g.). My 2 cents only ofc ...

And what's the excuse for not doing Bahrain Outer? It's a very unique layout and would be 'easy' to do compared to a whole new circuit from scratch.

7 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Which is a shame.

The interesting thing is, if the pandemic didn't get better next year, there's a good chance that even some existed tracks might be remove due to them not being on the real calendar at the start of the season. 

On 7/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, BarryBL said:

No exact ETA at this time, however, we are working towards re-instating this once the wheel situation for users becomes more stable.

Please link me the bugs @Wollcott396 you have made and I'll take a look. Reduced can mean up to 2 SC in races. Its hard to measure this as Online races can have lots of incidents. 

How about abs off? It seems that abs on is quicker this game, its easier to lock up but the consequences of locking up is eased meaning your tyres just constantly overheat throughout the lap because its next to impossible to not lockup

24 minutes ago, CharlieJkz said:

How about abs off? It seems that abs on is quicker this game, its easier to lock up but the consequences of locking up is eased meaning your tyres just constantly overheat throughout the lap because its next to impossible to not lockup

Adjust brake bias and balance, its possible to be quick even with abs off, but being constant is what can Bite us

i have just finished season 1 of my team and ive went into season 2

with no option to change engines main sponsor etc
my livery is reset
team name has disappeared with colours reset

this has completed ruined my save after hours playing it huge developments made but now cant continue with the save. i am on version 1.05 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:52 AM, Ohms507 said:

On my PS5 the game was finally stable with the 1.04 patch (no crashes), but since today’s 1.05 update I have experienced multiple crashes in the middle of a single player my team career race.

Yea even on Xbox now after the 1.05 my game crashes if I click on timetrial, driver profile, ECT.

Hi there; before the update I could assign the buttons of TX F1 Wheel as I pleasure now, when I save the new configuration; I can’t activate it. It’s only default layout. 

image where “activate” is not enabled 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apwn5hbExO_Oi68gHyCdkQX9JKzmsg

Video showing what I explain: 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Apwn5hbExO_Oi68hGW98n0er048giA

On 7/31/2021 at 7:47 AM, Schneehase said:

One thing that seems problematic is the downscaling of car details / textures / objects next to the track, once they are a bit further away (iow how far ahead you can see objects in full detail). That seems harshly overdone, it just does not look n feel right, a car that is more than 1 car ahead looks more like in motorsport manager mobile... Not to talk of the tree textures, details and such, they look awful sometimes, like copy pasted from 2016 or so. I sincerely hope Codies get that corrected soon. If that was the price to pay for "next gen ray tracing" then i dont want that in my games.

And if you go back to F1 2019 you'll notice that looked even better than 2020. Don't understand why the game is getting worse graphically. Even PC has horrible texture pop in and shadows loading 10 metres in front of your car so it's just not a console thing. If we've had to go back to 2015 levels of poor textures and low draw distance just for some fancy reflections then what's the point

• Agree 2