Jump to content Jump to content

Since the other thread was locked for some reason, here's another. 

Everyone who's booting this up now and with the chance to test things out, let us know any changes, fixes or other things you've found or noticed here. 

Have some of the major bugs been fixed with online etc?

• Social Media & Community Team
2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Since the other thread was locked for some reason, here's another. 

Everyone who's booting this up now and with the chance to test things out, let us know any changes, fixes or other things you've found or noticed here. 

Have some of the major bugs been fixed with online etc?

Patch notes here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Still the awful shadows on the car (from the halo), motion blur still not working and the replays back to being a stuttering /screen tearing mess (they've switched ray tracing back on). Not impressed.

• Agree 7

"Resolved a crash that could occur after returning to a ranked lobby if the lobby had split "

Really not understanding why the lobbies are being split in the first place? I just joined an 18 player lobby waiting on 9 cars to return from the race results screen. 

Upon returning, half of them kicked from the lobby and it somehow dropped down to 9 players in total, I'm assuming this is splitting, why? We WANT 18 players in a lobby, like we could get in 2020. Very frustrating to watch a lobby vanish. 

I did the race and came back, the game didn't freeze but it put me in a empty lobby, why?! It's the same issue. I don't have to restart the game again but I still need to find a new lobby. 

Spinning cars aren't ghosting still either, from what I could see. It's been 2 weeks with these issues affecting the main online mode of the game. 

• Disagree 1

Not an Einstein here, but on my PS4 slim I had 47 GB of free space, a 409 MB update gave me the error "not enough free space", had to get rid of an 8 GB game to download the patch. I've got nothing left to delete now... :classic_unsure:

8 minutes ago, ZAPPADIETRO said:

Not an Einstein here, but on my PS4 slim I had 47 GB of free space, a 409 MB update gave me the error "not enough free space", had to get rid of an 8 GB game to download the patch. I've got nothing left to delete now... :classic_unsure:

Some games (f1 included) seems to require all the game alloted space Plus 409Mb together as free space so it can be updated. Dont know why, i guess its a backup feature while updating in case something goes wrong

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hichel18 said:

Some games (f1 included) seems to require all the game alloted space Plus 409Mb together as free space so it can be updated. Dont know why, i guess its a backup feature while updating in case something goes wrong

NOOOOO!!! Thanks for the info. Now I'm doomed...

17 minutes ago, Hichel18 said:

Wait, thinking about it, for the 1.04 update I was nowhere near to having hundreds Gb of free space! Let alone after freeing just 8Gb for the 1.05 (47 + 8 = 55Gb).

Edited by ZAPPADIETRO
added stuff

@ZAPPADIETRO

You can just get a 1 or 2 TB external hard drive and hook it up to you PS4, but that only leaves with one empty USB port to hook anything else up to your PS4. I have a external hard drive and my sim wheel hooked up and have no USB ports left. We used to get four USB ports on a PS.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, ZAPPADIETRO said:

Wait, thinking about it, for the 1.04 update I was nowhere near to having hundreds Gb of free space! Let alone after freeing just 8Gb for the 1.05 (47 + 8 = 55Gb).

Yeah, i dont really understand the math behind it, but usually it needs a huge chunk of free space to Handle the files, and somehow was always near or above the game space. Gtsport was a nightmare to update

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Huddo said:

Still the awful shadows on the car (from the halo), motion blur still not working and the replays back to being a stuttering /screen tearing mess (they've switched ray tracing back on). Not impressed.

Have to agree.  I’ve always been very vocally defensive of Codemasters with the F1 games and always managed to find enjoyment in them even despite bugs early in the games’ release.  

But F1 2021 is a whole other kettle of fish, never before have I been so disappointed in an F1 game from them.  

So what exactly did 1.05 fix? …the F2 cars are still screwed up when trying to downshift, …HDR is still broken, motion blur is still broken, …the cars still light up in glare when entering the tunnel at Monaco, …and with reports of the game overheating the Xbox consoles to the point of crash, it’s so shameful that they considered this bug-ridden mess “ready” for release.  Shame on the ‘suits’ and upper management that signed off on a clearly impossible release date that was never going to give the developers the time needed to finish this sorry excuse for a game.

Time for a refund and come back to the game when it’s in a heavily discounted sale and resembles somewhat more of a finished product. 

• Agree 3
6 minutes ago, Luke1991 said:

This patch literally fixes nothing that I care about. Guess I’ll keep waiting for the 1.06.

The patchnotes list is certainly not too overwhelming. Removing the "micro-dc" during 1 shot qualifying while crossing the start / finish line was the most important one here I guess, that was nasty and if you were a thrustmaster wheel user you hardly could qualify anywhere near your true driving skills. Hope this works better now.

For the upcoming patch it would be nice if we got some more savegame slots (!) it still feels like the 80ies with game cartridges where you only had a handful of savegames available.

Also, given how far the IRL F1 season has meanwhile progressed, a performance patch should arrive soon. Then, the additional tracks are still missing. Looks like a lot of work still to be done with the game... If too many early buyers feel unhappy now, it might be an idea to offer some goodies for the wait or disappointment. There sure are enough pitcoins or cosmetic items around to make up for a little bit. Then again, if I was in a developers shoe, that might not be popular when being looked at as some kind of acknowledgement or insufficient compensation of things.

• Agree 1
21 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

The patchnotes list is certainly not too overwhelming. Removing the "micro-dc" during 1 shot qualifying while crossing the start / finish line was the most important one here I guess, that was nasty and if you were a thrustmaster wheel user you hardly could qualify anywhere near your true driving skills. Hope this works better now.

For the upcoming patch it would be nice if we got some more savegame slots (!) it still feels like the 80ies with game cartridges where you only had a handful of savegames available.

Also, given how far the IRL F1 season has meanwhile progressed, a performance patch should arrive soon. Then, the additional tracks are still missing. Looks like a lot of work still to be done with the game... If too many early buyers feel unhappy now, it might be an idea to offer some goodies for the wait or disappointment. There sure are enough pitcoins or cosmetic items around to make up for a little bit. Then again, if I was in a developers shoe, that might not be popular when being looked at as some kind of acknowledgement or insufficient compensation of things.

I'm honestly broken with the lack of save slots, so many things wanted to do, yet now I needed to heavily limited my options. Not to mention backing up save files corrupted them for whatever reason, I ain't gonna try doing that anytime soon unless someone could confirm it's been fixed.

Just now, DRTApophis said:

I'm honestly broken with the lack of save slots, so many things wanted to do, yet now I needed to heavily limited my options. Not to mention backing up save files corrupted them for whatever reason, I ain't gonna try doing that anytime soon unless someone could confirm it's been fixed.

Unfortunately the limited save slots and one slot for gp does shows how much the champ mode could be missed

This patch resolved a couple of issues for me:

- Game no longer does the '1 second freeze' when starting a lap in one-shot qualifying
- Replays and Highlights no longer super blurry due to updates to the DLSS rendering

Some other stuff... A good patch. Hope there will be other updates that address quality of life stuff like UI and such.

2 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Removing the "micro-dc" during 1 shot qualifying while crossing the start / finish line was the most important one here I guess, that was nasty and if you were a thrustmaster wheel user you hardly could qualify anywhere near your true driving skills. Hope this works better now

Yup, drove some MP races and this seems to be fixed 👍

All I want at this stage is a performance patch and to sort out the AI in the high speed corners so I can actually feel some kind of emersion.

Yes I want the new tracks but understand that they will take some time.

• Agree 1

Performance patch has to be the top priority now, both in terms of overall car performance and team by team relative performance.

This, along with the new tracks, and (hopefully) 2021 updates to the existing tracks (Spain, Abu Dhabi), are critical for us to feel like we’re actually playing the 2021 season.

Up to now all they’ve done is released 2020.2 with bolt on story mode instead of some other features (classic cars, short tracks, champ mode etc).

• Agree 1

super patch qui à fait planté ma carrière apres 54h de jeux j'ai envoyé le rapport d'érreur envoyer un mail et aucun retour pour mon problème si je n'ai pas de réponse ou comme réponse une invitation à refaire une carrière je vais exiger un remboursement.

Plus de voiture classic les circuits pas mis à jours pas de respect du calendrier pas d'ajout de nouveau circuit ou de réutilisation de circuit pour compenser l'absence des circuits du calendrier réel (remettre le circuit d'hanoi et le rendre selectionnable pour les saisons personalisé n'avait rien de sorcier ... je ne parle pas du fait que c'est réalisable avec les piste comme hokeniem et nurburgrin qui existe déja sous le meme moteur graphique sur les version 2016 et 2015.)

Pas de possibilité de gérer les fichiers de sauvegarde en plus ce qui fait qu'on ne peut meme pas faire plusieurs sauvegardes pour avoir un backup en cas de problème.

• Agree 1

At least you guys can drive around on track. New patch just made my game even more stuttery, freezy, and now with properly accompanying fps drops (1.04 had stutters and freezes even though the frames still displayed above 100+ fps, now it hovers in the 30-50 range)