Sign in to follow this  

Share Your Wheel Settings Here

Here is mine - Logitech G25 wheel settings for GRID Autosport  (with Logitech profiler shot):

----effectsetup.xml---

<FFBSample name="tarmac" wave="2738" envelope="987" wheelScale="0.32" skid="0.85" />

-------------------------

Enjoy.

//Updated 19.01.2015

Fanatec GT3 RS V2 w/ CSR Elite pedals here.
On wheel : Sen 300 / FF 100 / Sho 000 / Dri Off / Abs Off / Lin 000 / Dea 000 / Spr 0 / Dpr -3
In-Game all is set to 0 Deadzone and 100 Sensitivity, Wheel Linarity at 0, All 3 FFB options at 50% (really down to personal preference on the FFB)
This is same settings I've been using for all the Codies games; F1 2013 and DiRT2 being the others I regularly play.  Think I found these (wheel) settings in an "official" settings thread (by Codies) the old F1 2013 forums (before the forum refresh occurred).

I've uploaded my effectseup.xml file on racedepartment here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/grid-autosport-force-feedback-improvement.3251/

Ace

Hello all, i have just bought a g27 and can not get my settings to save, my global profiler settings and global device settings stay the same but in game they dont, i know about starting game with control pad otherwise it does not save/work but i cant start the game with steering wheel only the butons on the gear stick and i then have to remap all my buttons again
any ideas!

Here are my settings for the T300RS.

T300RS Control Panel: 

GRID Autosport:

Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 100%
Steering Linearity 0
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 100%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 100%

FFB: On
Vibration Strength: 50%
Wheel Strength: 100%
Wheel Weight: 50%

devicesetup.xml:

<!-- Thrustmaster T300 RS -->
  <FFBDevice name="{B66E044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" scaleForce="0.9" scaleFriction="0.25" baseFriction="0.0" maxFriction="25.0" scaleEffects="1.0" delay="0.0"/>

xAce28x said:

After some experimentation, it would seem that this wave of 2738 and envelope of 987 is trying to simulate the feeling of tarmac under the tyres. When the wheels lock up, this comes into play more forcefully as the tyres drag along the tarmac. This is what you feel as you lock the wheels. This makes sense with a wheelscale of 0.85. For the standard tarmac vibrations however, I think the intention may have been to use this, but at a much lower level, hence the unused line with wheelscale of 0.001:

<!-- Hard Surfaces-->
<FFBSample name="tarmac" wave="2738" envelope="987" wheelScale="0.1" skid="1.25"/>

I would recommend replacing the original line in your Autosport effects file with this one and try it out. To increase or reduce the texture of the tarmac coming through the wheel, alter the wheelscale parameter higher or lower to your preference. 

Hope this works for others like it worked for me!

Ace.

Founded some additions to effectsetup.xml at steam GA forums, thanks to toix:

Enable Force Feedback on gear change

Change line ~282 of effectsetup.xml:
 <FFBSample name="gearChange" wave="1111199999" envelope="9876543210" channel="0" wheelScale = "0.3"/> 

Wave reference and envelope reference are taken from GRID 1 gear change. © toix's guide

I have the Microsoft Force Feedback wheel and roll with it default. Works great. Been thinking of bumping effects and weight up to 100 though. 

Hello. I ve grid autosport on PS3 and now on xbox360. I play with fanatec csr forza4 wheel. And There is a différence between PS3 race feeling and xbox360 race feeling. On PS3 i feel all the deformation if the track, not on xbox360, Where i only feel vibrations when i am out of the track. Do you know why ?