Sign in to follow this  

Nvidia GeForce Experience PC problem alert

Built a new system last week and had horrendous lag and boot problems. Almost reformatted and started again, until I read this:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/857772/geforce-experience/latest-geforce-experience-slow-windows-startup-bug-fix-/1/

Just a a heads up to all you PC guys.

When I had a problem with my Nvidia Experience I deleted all video drivers and related files using the special program that is called Display Driver Uninstaller. I have learned about it here https://rocketfiles.com/articles/how-to-fix-the-nvidia-geforce-experience-something-went-wrong-error-windows-10/. Than I have downloaded the latest version and installed it to my PC and now everything is working. 

Also, it is important to check the main setting of the installed drivers if they are ok. 

So it's entirely possible I'm getting freezes because my drivers did not install correctly. Good to know, I'm gonna do a clean uninstall and reinstall of them later.

Usually bumping threads is a bad idea, especially when they're this old, but this time it was actually very useful. Thanks. 

Just a heads-up to anyone finding this post for the first time: the issue was found during July 2015. It was fixed within a week.

• Agree 1

DDU is useful but unless there are issues you should use the Nvidia updater. If you choose to block parts of the driver installation, then YMMV. DDU may be useful when you get out of step with updates or if WU updates or breaks your current driver set.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

DDU is useful but unless there are issues you should use the Nvidia updater. If you choose to block parts of the driver installation, then YMMV. DDU may be useful when you get out of step with updates or if WU updates or breaks your current driver set.

Agreed. I have never had a real use for it and always auto update/manual update over the existing installation. But I have seen some bad experiences solved by using it on other forums (Guru3D mostly).

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ho3n3r said:

Agreed. I have never had a real use for it and always auto update/manual update over the existing installation. But I have seen some bad experiences solved by using it on other forums (Guru3D mostly).

Guru3D is also very useful for those users in the Red persuasion. DDU will also support AMD/Intel drivers 😎 useful if you have a hybrid laptop.