Jump to content Jump to content

I want a retirements off button or a mode that allows a certain amount of player choice "favourites" to be exempt from retirements. To me it makes career mode pointless if your favourite drivers quit, especially when it's an unlikely one. I like that F2 drivers can come in but not at the cost of my preferred drivers who I want to race with.

• Agree 1

I don't mind retirements , after all its a simulation and no can go on forever but driver moves are a real issue. I just finished my first season in my driver career , no changes mid term which was good but a quick check at the end of the season and all hell broke loose

I chose to move from Williams to McLaren, the AI moves included:-

Verstappen to Mercedes

Bottas and Norris to Williams

Alonso to Red Bull

Riccardo to Alpha Romeo

Mazapin joined me at McLaren

If Prost and Casper can race into their mid-late 70's in the game then there's no reason why the others should be forced to retire. 

The option to move people from one team to another is prevalent in other games but only really outside of Career Modes. For example, in FIFA, you can use Customised squads that you've made outside of the Career mode so you start with a certain squad but you cannot control what transfers actually happen during the career mode which is what would be more beneficial here. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I was really glad they added this feature a few editions ago but would certainly love them to make it a little more realistic, but I guess that would require a lot of work.

Certainly an option to turn off mid-season changes would be appreciated. Outside of RB/AT that hardly ever happens.

is this only a prolem in career mode?

Because in my team i had Raikkonen replaced reired Alonso at Alpine, Zhou replaced retired Vettel at AM, Illot for Raikkonens Alfa Romeo and Aitken for Russel, who was hirde by my team.
Nothing crazy for 3 seasons.

This one made me laugh after my first MyTeam season. I do not know, if Hamilton became too expensive, but he is now a free agent. And guess who replaced him at Mercedes...yes correct...Mazepin. Someone might call this a bit unrealistic 😄

Edited by GizT7

I don't understand why the drivers and teams don't have some hidden stats, as an example "reputation".

This can go up or down, but it means higher rep drivers stay or go to higher rep teams. 

After my first driver carreer season i have the first movements which i am looking forward to 

Alonso- retired

Bottas- alpine

Mick Schumacher - Mercedes (pretty cool)

Zhou- haas

Pretty cool lineup i think. Bottas screwed up big time last season, got 4 spins (2 frontwings gone) in the last 4 races. HAM was Champion .

I’m doing career mode and turned driver acclaim down to see if it would make a difference.  I’m still in season 1, Mexico. No driver changes mid season. Very interested to see what happens after the season.

• Like 1

My first attempt at a MyTeam career had a Classic Car driver join Mercedes mid-season so I binned that one off. Luckily it was part-way through season one but if i'd got to season 3 for example, i'd have been raging with frustration to lose it.

Alonso tends to go to Alpha Tauri on mine (2/3 career modes) and i've seen a few Yuki goes to Merc across other saves so I imagine there's an underlying reason why certain drivers go certain places. I can generally create a narrative where a move makes sense like Ocon to Aston (because he's under the Merc banner) and Russell to Alpine (as Merc loan drivers there).  Yet there are some moves that I just can't make realistic. Like Latifi to Ferrari (where the only connection I got was they wanted a Canadian to honour Villeneuve 40 years after his death). 

The sooner we can control who-goes-where, the more relaxed about it that i'll be.  I live in fear that i'll be partway through something exciting and the transfers will kill it. I mean, I want transfers on so turning them off isn't an option but just ones I can dictate so it doesn't ruin it. 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:40 PM, qn999 said:

I’m doing career mode and turned driver acclaim down to see if it would make a difference.  I’m still in season 1, Mexico. No driver changes mid season. Very interested to see what happens after the season.

This is exactly what I try to find out too. But I am going to set the team acclaim on standard or increased too, in hope good teams won't buy less good drivers like mazepins.

On 8/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ukbordoy said:

I don't understand why the drivers and teams don't have some hidden stats, as an example "reputation".

This can go up or down, but it means higher rep drivers stay or go to higher rep teams. 

They have that stat. It is acclaim. But the system behind it, seems to be broken. If there is a system. But as far as I know Teams with higher acclaim only hire drivers who have high/enough acclaim too. So, if mazepin can drive for Mercedes (and I read that often now!), he seems to gain too much acclaim in a season to have enough for a top team. 

But I am really not sure, if there is a system..  some transfers really don't make sense. 

End of season 1 I had

Lance Stroll - Alfa Romeo

Christian Lundgaard - Alpha Tauri

Pierre Gasly - Aston Martin

Jack Aitkin - Mercedes

Callum Ilott - Williams

George Russell - My Team

Kimi Raikkonen - Retired

Valtteri Bottas - Free Agent

Quite happy with how my transfers went, no chance of Bottas being OP in Mercedes now, unless they re-sign him. 

Doing driver career.

I have created Will Power (Driving for HAAS)

No mid season changes.

End of season 1:

Alonso retired (I replaced him at Alpine)

Raikkonen retired (M Schumacher replaced him at Alfa Romeo)

Both Haas seats filled with Mazepin and Zhou.

Pretty realistic and happy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gladystonff said:

This issue occurred in F1 2019, but was quickly fixed.

I wouldn't say it was 'fixed'. They just put in an option to turn them off.

That's avoiding a problem by creating another one, not solving it. It just creates problems for those that do want transfers, just not bizarre ones that make no sense and/or game-ruining ones. 

8 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

This is exactly what I try to find out too. But I am going to set the team acclaim on standard or increased too, in hope good teams won't buy less good drivers like mazepins.

Just finished my 1st season and basically half the field changed teams. Only Mercs, Ferrari and Alfa (my team) stayed with the same lineup. 

6 hours ago, Sadler said:

I have created Will Power (Driving for HAAS)

Very cool. I went the Indy driver route myself..retired Canadian, Paul Tracy. I plan on doing my next one as Greg Moore, RIP.

18 hours ago, qn999 said:

Just finished my 1st season and basically half the field changed teams. Only Mercs, Ferrari and Alfa (my team) stayed with the same lineup.

Damn..you were my hope that our thoughts could be a solution until a patch solve this problem. 

59 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Damn..you were my hope that our thoughts could be a solution until a patch solve this problem. 

It was very disappointing. I even kept Gio instead of Kimi as my teammate so one less chance of a retirement. When the season ended, it was still announced that he retired even though he wasn’t in my career. No one actually retired but Guanyu Zhou is with Williams now, along with Perez. Latifi and Russel to AM and Stroll is nowhere to be found.  Ric made his way back to RB, Seb to Mclaren, Oco to Alpha T, Gasly to Alpine. Just too many moves and not realistic.

I hope we get the option patched in. I’ll continue my career but I really wanted the driver lineup to stay the same.