Jump to content Jump to content

Ranked online - ghosting off????

I used to like online racing, I wasn't very fast but had some good races ( silver, S safety rating). 

Now with ghosting turned off I was barely been able to finish a race to get my "rank" initially. 

I kept hitting ppl who crashed ahead of me ruining my race.  Very easy to pick up damage now.

I don't know if this is the new way, but it's unplayable now. 

Overall F1 2021 is generally a disappointment I'll add. 

to be honest I am trying to give it more of a go this year, but it's things like overtaking someone on the straight and they just turn straight into you so you can't overtake them that's really frustrating. A bit like what Max did at Copse a few weeks ago but much more extreme 😝

I am always try to race fair, I'm not fast and I do make mistakes so will cause the odd incident but I never deliberately cause a crash. Worst thing is whenever this happens all that happens is we both get warnings for causing a collision that had nothing to do with me. 

1 hour ago, ben28wales said:

to be honest I am trying to give it more of a go this year, but it's things like overtaking someone on the straight and they just turn straight into you so you can't overtake them that's really frustrating. A bit like what Max did at Copse a few weeks ago but much more extreme 😝

I am always try to race fair, I'm not fast and I do make mistakes so will cause the odd incident but I never deliberately cause a crash. Worst thing is whenever this happens all that happens is we both get warnings for causing a collision that had nothing to do with me. 

Just takes a deep breath mate, remember it's about the long game, the higher you rise in your safety rating the less of that kind of nonsense you're likely to see (still going to be there mind, people are people after all) 

So in a moment like that, take your lumps, back off, and remember this guy will be in D rating soon enough and you'll never see him again. 

Also don't forget that Austria turn 1 is NOT a hard left

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.b99ba2d92a53e9d2a0607142254c013f.gif

I am normally not very fast, but had a really good run at Silverstone, 10th to 2nd in 3 laps (5 Lap race), miles quicker than the guy in the lead, go to overtake him on a straight, turns into my front wing, damage, finished P3. That one hurt.

14 minutes ago, ben28wales said:

I am normally not very fast, but had a really good run at Silverstone, 10th to 2nd in 3 laps (5 Lap race), miles quicker than the guy in the lead, go to overtake him on a straight, turns into my front wing, damage, finished P3. That one hurt.

sometimes it's just like that, however damage is set to standard instead of reduced as it was last year, and ghosting is completely off, two things I've logged as bugs as that's not what we had previously and it means damage to your front wing can be a race killer even on just yellow. 

Hopefully the next patch will address these issues and the experience can improve. 

4 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Just takes a deep breath mate, remember it's about the long game, the higher you rise in your safety rating the less of that kind of nonsense you're likely to see (still going to be there mind, people are people after all) 

So in a moment like that, take your lumps, back off, and remember this guy will be in D rating soon enough and you'll never see him again. 

Also don't forget that Austria turn 1 is NOT a hard left

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.b99ba2d92a53e9d2a0607142254c013f.gif

Tell me what version you play? Because since ranked lobbies were released there’s as much scumbags with a S rating and *ahum*masterassistlevel who know exactly know how to PIT you, with you out the race and them without damage or a penalty and then it doesn’t hurt their safety rating😑

13 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Tell me what version you play? Because since ranked lobbies were released there’s as much scumbags with a S rating and *ahum*masterassistlevel who know exactly know how to PIT you, with you out the race and them without damage or a penalty and then it doesn’t hurt their safety rating😑

You don't know that it doesn't affect their safety rating, just because they don't drop from S doesn't mean they didn't go from 90 down to 30 or something over the course of a race, and have to run a couple safe ones to build back up.

End of the day there will always be assholes playing video games online, but I've had some great clean racing in A and S rated lobbies already on 2021 and plenty on 2019/20 to know that it does get better when you're gone from the levels that can't keep the car in a straight line to save their lives (which to be fair was probably all of us at some point). 

If we can get damage back to reduced and ghosting on for out of control / slow cars, we're at least back to where we were haha, and people can enjoy it again. 

Fully understand what you mean, I'm very experienced driver an fast on track no ghosting seems pointless especially at the start of races if someone dosnt go there is no way around without hitting the car that has decided to not go or hitting someone else trying to get around them absolutely a shambles this years game feel sorry for the people who paid early access an could play it due to stupid bugs and like glitchy engine audio which happend when 2019 came out still hasn't been fixed from last year get it sorted!!!

On 7/30/2021 at 5:04 PM, KNT2011 said:

You don't know that it doesn't affect their safety rating, just because they don't drop from S doesn't mean they didn't go from 90 down to 30 or something over the course of a race, and have to run a couple safe ones to build back up.

End of the day there will always be assholes playing video games online, but I've had some great clean racing in A and S rated lobbies already on 2021 and plenty on 2019/20 to know that it does get better when you're gone from the levels that can't keep the car in a straight line to save their lives (which to be fair was probably all of us at some point). 

If we can get damage back to reduced and ghosting on for out of control / slow cars, we're at least back to where we were haha, and people can enjoy it again. 

Yes I do…

just finish the race or pause during the race. Go to race director and select “Race Incidents”, and you’ll see they don’t even get a warning. Ergo: no warning or penalty is no drop whatsoever.

like I say for the 1000th time, I don’t say these things without doing my research 

Edited by AlexTT