Jump to content Jump to content

Wait until everyone has finished their lap before ending the session.

Its really annoying when you are in the garage watching your teammate doing his best to get to q3 and then you get thrown to the standings screen when the timer runs out without being able to watch him finish his lap.

• Agree 5

I agree with this one.  It adds to the drama of waiting to see if people make it through sessions. As you're on the edge of going out (like 15th, for example) and you see someone below you doing their lap and they're rounding the last few corners, they're zooming down the straight and... the session ends and you've no idea how their lap was for the next few seconds as it sims the rest of it.   At least it also guarantees you don't get that sim glitch error where they suddenly pull laptime out of their kazoo and everyone shoots up the times and you plummet. 

I think the whole qualifying tv section needs a mini-revamp as when they're doing laps I can see what sector times they're doing... but I don't know if they're up or down on their best or how they relate to the best time out there so until I see them cross that line and their position updates, I've no idea if they're on a good lap or not. Would be nicer if it had a (-0.152 in green or +0.078 in Amber) for example as they do a sector so you know if it's looking good or bad. 

I completely agree with this one. Just had a session where I was last car on track in a drying session, P15. It wasn't a faster lap but the other cars pitted. I should have been on slicks as should they. But no. I finish my lap and I'm magically P18.

Yes this definitely needs to be improved . It a very poor effort and should of been improved edition on edition not just left as it is . And agree with the whole thing needs a improvement ie knowing if someone you watching is up or down etc . And although the ai are better in racing well dry anyway... They are still completely on rails in qualifying never miss a apex, never a yellow flag etc nothing.... Been that way since at least 15 which is pretty shocking really ....

• Disagree 1

This would be a nice improvement that would hopefully sort the simulated times.

To add to this, if you say, get knocked out in q1 or q2, it would be nice to spectate the remaining sessions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Wynterdust said:

This would be a nice improvement that would hopefully sort the simulated times.

To add to this, if you say, get knocked out in q1 or q2, it would be nice to spectate the remaining sessions. 

Hadn't even thought about spectating remaining sessions but that would be a good inclusion. With a 'Skip to Race' for those that aren't interested, that could really work and stop the weird scenario where you get cars qualifying above where you'd expect them to (when the rest of the results are simmed as you've been ejected in an earlier session)

Im wondering if there is going to be any feedback from the devs on this issue. Is it going to be changed? Is it going to be in a patch or is it going to be next year? Or not at all? 

6 hours ago, AtlAntA said:

Im wondering if there is going to be any feedback from the devs on this issue. Is it going to be changed? Is it going to be in a patch or is it going to be next year? Or not at all? 

Getting feedback on something is, or will be, looked at is a contentious topic. 

There have been mentions that people are discontent that there's not much feedback whether things are being looked at but they have assured people that they look at every suggestion but obviously, with time being a valuable resource, they can't comment on every post. 

I would imagine a change like this would be a next year thing if they were to look at it, but i'd like to see it sooner. 

20 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Getting feedback on something is, or will be, looked at is a contentious topic. 

There have been mentions that people are discontent that there's not much feedback whether things are being looked at but they have assured people that they look at every suggestion but obviously, with time being a valuable resource, they can't comment on every post. 

I would imagine a change like this would be a next year thing if they were to look at it, but i'd like to see it sooner. 

I dont feel the need to pressure the devs on giving feedback or anything like that but it would be kinda nice to see/know how this stuff gets treated. Where and when does it get filtered categorized etcetera. Just out of curiosity. ;)

But i agree its probably a next year thing if at all. Next year we will see the new car so im guessing that will take a lot of work to get implemented well.  

Sidenote: im getting pretty heavily invested into actuial sim racing and man would it be nice if these games go in that direction more. As a choice ofcourse.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, AtlAntA said:

Its really annoying when you are in the garage watching your teammate doing his best to get to q3 and then you get thrown to the standings screen when the timer runs out without being able to watch him finish his lap.

Absolutely agree! 👍

Personally I would keep watching everytime until the last driver returns to the box, but to keep also the current behaviour it could be added a “click button to end session”…