Jump to content Jump to content

Hmmm...don't like the comment about the V2 FFB


cjl9

Recommended Posts

I drive the '70s cars almost exclusively. sounds like there will be almost no FFB effect and the cars will be "floating." 

I've never understood the criticism of Germany tarmac. The grip level seems about right to me.
Link to post
Share on other sites
You're going to have to re-learn a bit and play about with your FFB settings to compensate until all cars are upgraded to v2.
Ultimately, they found that the cars just had too much downforce which is what ultimately had the cars too planted and grippy, rather than just the tyres. Rally cars are pretty limited in terms of what can be done with aerodynamics. It's why the 2017 cars look so different, as did the Quattro Evo 2. That's compounded by the higher suspension, which makes using ground effect pretty much impossible compared to a circuit racer.

Personally, and using a controller, I don't find them at all floaty. They feel great and a bit more predictable without as much need for constant adjustment.
But wheel users might want to adjust wheel/FFB settings between the cars that have been updated and those which haven't.

All part of Early Access I'm afraid.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Judging by the shape on some of the cars (Pike's cars aside), it looks like a lot of rally cars would actually generate lift with speed, not downforce. 
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/data.html
I think it will be a blast, since crests and other features will be much more interesting (Finland!). FFB should be no big deal for them to fine-tune later. I'm guessing that upping the suspension feedback slider might help until then.
Link to post
Share on other sites
It is quite a big difference. Tried the V1 Impreza grp A on monte after a V2 car with the same FFB settings and the V1 car really feels like it weighs 5 tons. 

One thing I would love for codies to play with is the fact that some cars dont have powersteering and should be very heavy steering wise when stationary and get lighter as you start rolling.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Malyngo said:
Personally, I would have liked if they adapted the FFB to feel right for the V2, so the V1 cars will just feel to strong.
But I can understand that they are going for this route, so the old cars can still feel the same. And as new players are starting out with one of the 60s cars, it is the right decision, I guess.
60's cars have been updated. Massively actually. They originally had downforce. Now, they actually start to lift off at high speeds, as they should.
Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Malyngo said:
Personally, I would have liked if they adapted the FFB to feel right for the V2, so the V1 cars will just feel to strong.
But I can understand that they are going for this route, so the old cars can still feel the same. And as new players are starting out with one of the 60s cars, it is the right decision, I guess.
60's cars have been updated. Massively actually. They originally had downforce. Now, they actually start to lift off at high speeds, as they should.
The V1 cars really feel like they have atleast twice the weight of the V2 cars. The V2 is a massive step imo.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Because - who really wants to wait?

Handling is going to be different now anyway, but hopefully in a better way.  The game itself is early access and was always going to evolve & that's because of our feedback, which is pretty unique.  If we apply the same logic to just 'wait', the game wouldn't be available yet and none of us would have it, or any input into it!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Assiemodis said:
BrySkye said:
You're going to have to re-learn a bit and play about with your FFB settings to compensate until all cars are upgraded to v2. 
Why not wait with bringing the handling v2 till all cars are done then?
Why releasing it like this?
For me it feels like they release a half finished update.

Like I said, Early Access.
Despite the quality, remember that this game isn't finished. Rally Cross was split into two updates as well.
Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
You're going to have to re-learn a bit and play about with your FFB settings to compensate until all cars are upgraded to v2.
Why not wait with bringing the handling v2 till all cars are done then?
Why releasing it like this?
For me it feels like they release a half finished update.

Logically speaking, because the new cars are going to have the 'updated' physics anyway as there'd be no point giving them 'old style' physics (remember that they'll be working on the Modern Masters cars at the moment too). Therefore, there's going to be a split if not all other cars have them yet, so it would seen logical to include what is done and patch in the others later.

There's another car pack next month, so if the other new cars all receive their v2 handling before that it will only be a short time they're on different models anyway.
Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Also remember that this was the initial reaction to most of the testers.  Once released everyone will probably have similar reaction, but with some time we will get acclimated to V2 and never look back.
Also remember that they will fix the tarmac physics in a month, so don't get too used to them. ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Also remember that this was the initial reaction to most of the testers.  Once released everyone will probably have similar reaction, but with some time we will get acclimated to V2 and never look back.
Also remember that they will fix the tarmac physics in a month, so don't get too used to them. ;)
I don't think they will do anything physics wise, just adjust the FFB. Which worries me a bit since I think it already feels great on gravel.
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
I don't think they will do anything physics wise, just adjust the FFB.
They will have to adjust it a little, I don't like seeing Colin McRae Rally-ish physics on tarmac, and I don't think many others will appreciate it either. Unless FFB is responsible for the way the car moves as well? Look at the replays and tell me that doesn't look dodgy - I can't be the only one noticing that at times the car thinks it's a crab. Well, the 2001 Subaru at least...
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
I don't think they will do anything physics wise, just adjust the FFB.
They will have to adjust it a little, I don't like seeing Colin McRae Rally-ish physics on tarmac, and I don't think many others will appreciate it either. Unless FFB is responsible for the way the car moves as well? Look at the replays and tell me that doesn't look dodgy - I can't be the only one noticing that at times the car thinks it's a crab. Well, the 2001 Subaru at least...
Well, there are a few strange sensations on tarmac that I feel the rear of the car is stepping sideways without losing traction, I agree with that.
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
bogani said:
I don't think they will do anything physics wise, just adjust the FFB.
They will have to adjust it a little, I don't like seeing Colin McRae Rally-ish physics on tarmac, and I don't think many others will appreciate it either. Unless FFB is responsible for the way the car moves as well? Look at the replays and tell me that doesn't look dodgy - I can't be the only one noticing that at times the car thinks it's a crab. Well, the 2001 Subaru at least...
Well, there are a few strange sensations on tarmac that I feel the rear of the car is stepping sideways without losing traction, I agree with that.
Guys, discussing things like that about the update in any kind of detail should really still be in the private forum rather than the public one. Unlisted videos don't appear in Youtube searches, but if someone knows you've got a YT channel and unlisted videos, they can dig them up if they really want to.
That's kind of the difference between unlisted and private.
Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Guys, discussing things like that about the update in any kind of detail should really still be in the private forum rather than the public one. Unlisted videos don't appear in Youtube searches, but if someone knows you've got a YT channel and unlisted videos, they can dig them up if they really want to.
That's kind of the difference between unlisted and private.
Well, I just figured it was ok since Codies has yet to come slap us on the wrists for discussing the v2. My bad.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...