Jump to content Jump to content

A option to shut Jeff up in Free Practice Programs

can we have a option to stop Jeff talking about the what to do in the practice programs? I'm tired of hearing what each one is about at every race event I've been racing these games for 11 years I'm not a rookie and even if I was after a few races we should get the idea.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, Bauer said:

This is an option, I think. When in practice, open the options/settings and you can turn 'engineer tutorials' off.

Legend. Hopefully this stops Jeff rambling on about monitoring tyre pressures while I’m trying to use every mg of my concentration to avoid putting it into a wall around Monaco 😂

• Haha 1

So anyone actually find this option cos' I"m not seeing it. 

Googling around there's a lot of people asking for it but it's not actually there, the workaround appears to be to just turn his volume off until the race. 

If you've found it pop a screenshot up for us?

3 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

So anyone actually find this option cos' I"m not seeing it. 

Googling around there's a lot of people asking for it but it's not actually there, the workaround appears to be to just turn his volume off until the race. 

If you've found it pop a screenshot up for us?

This option was the best new feature for me, in F1 2020 I was getting a irrational dislike of anyone called Jeff!! You don't get the option before going to your first weekend. Its in the same place as where you set whether you want interviews and R&D. Once you get to Bahrain and Will does his thing. Go to Career Settings and you will see it there. It's a godsend!!

1 minute ago, neiluk03 said:

This option was the best new feature for me, in F1 2020 I was getting a irrational dislike of anyone called Jeff!! You don't get the option before going to your first weekend. Its in the same place as where you set whether you want interviews and R&D. Once you get to Bahrain and Will does his thing. Go to Career Settings and you will see it there. It's a godsend!!

So it can't be set in Grand Prix mode then, that's annoying! Good to know where it is though, cheers. 

On 7/31/2021 at 12:55 AM, Monzie83 said:

Legend. Hopefully this stops Jeff rambling on about monitoring tyre pressures while I’m trying to use every mg of my concentration to avoid putting it into a wall around Monaco 😂

No dice. Jeff still talks about monitoring tyre pressures in open practice (when not running a program). 

Jeff gotta keep Jeff’ing I guess 😂

Interesting then to consider what constitutes a “engineer tutorial”… 

Has anyone been able to confirm this setting does anything? I can’t tell any difference from before or after.

I have it turned off, but Jeff still talks about being able to make car changes via MFD, talks about running practice programs etc…

yes you can turn off 'engineer tutorials' in FP. but he still talks about what program your about to start, been racing with Jeff for years now and he still treats me like the new kid. I wonder does he do it to my team mate