Jump to content Jump to content

All practice programs in a race weekend

I don't get the reasoning behind hiding some of the practice programs behind a random rotation when in previous years we could do all of them every round. Why would any legit F1 team feel the need to do a Quali simulation for one circuit but not for another?

Also, bring back the useful information that came with those practice programs. I use them to help me understand how to improve as a driver, but you guys just made it into a chore to collect resource points that I can skip anyway. Way to encourage your players to be lazy with practice.

Actually, how about just bring back everything you took away since I last played one of your games. This buggy-as-it-is game feels incredibly stripped down compared to recent entries, and none of the omissions make a lick of sense.

• Agree 3

I'm all for a UX overhaul, but gotta give this to OP. I don't know if there's any other reason for these changes other than "streamlining" the gameplay, but sure there could have been compromises.

The program rotation makes no sense on an immersion/realism point of view. It just tones the experience down to the detriment of those who liked to play sessions to a tee.

The exclusion of the results page of each practice program is simply mind boggling. 

I don't see how stripping these aspects align with the changes for a more realistic driving model. One shift for realism, one for arcadey gameplay?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 5:35 PM, AceMc0 said:

I don't get the reasoning behind hiding some of the practice programs behind a random rotation when in previous years we could do all of them every round. Why would any legit F1 team feel the need to do a Quali simulation for one circuit but not for another?

Also, bring back the useful information that came with those practice programs. I use them to help me understand how to improve as a driver, but you guys just made it into a chore to collect resource points that I can skip anyway. Way to encourage your players to be lazy with practice.

Actually, how about just bring back everything you took away since I last played one of your games. This buggy-as-it-is game feels incredibly stripped down compared to recent entries, and none of the omissions make a lick of sense.

Agree - please bring back all practice programs, and the results data.

Would be useful to add a practice start program as well.

🖖🏽

Edited by Monzie83