Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What AI level is everyone running compared to f12020? I used to run 97/98 and I’ve had to lower it to 95 on 2021 and im still struggling. Play on the controller with no assists and I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve lost the back end especially on the kerbs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, greg172 said:

What AI level is everyone running compared to f12020? I used to run 97/98 and I’ve had to lower it to 95 on 2021 and im still struggling. Play on the controller with no assists and I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve lost the back end especially on the kerbs.

I'm slowly progressing on making my personal list of difficulties, on average I had to drop the difficulty quite a bit from last year (used to be 105-110 with stock performance). For now, you can try to guess the difficulty setting based on the type of tracks here with my own reference:

Tracks mainly feature stop & go corners with long straight (Bahrain, Baku): 100-102

Tracks mainly feature winding corners (Spain, Suzuka, Australia): 95-100

Tracks mainly feature winding corners & have problematically OP AI on certain corners (Zandvoort, Silverstone, Spa): 90-95

Tracks that heavily depend on your car's chassis performance and your muscle memories (Monaco): 100 (A level where I could keep a consistent pace without flashbacks while keeping up)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree here, last year I ran 103 AI most of the time and felt really comfortable with that. This year I put it on 95 initially and now 100, but there are quite a lot of tracks where I struggle.

As @DRTApophismentioned, it's particulary bad at Zandvoort and Silverstone and Spa same goes for Australia, Japan and Spain.

I will stick to 100 though and accept the fact it's gonna be a bit more difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

I agree here, last year I ran 103 AI most of the time and felt really comfortable with that. This year I put it on 95 initially and now 100, but there are quite a lot of tracks where I struggle.

As @DRTApophismentioned, it's particulary bad at Zandvoort and Silverstone and Spa same goes for Australia, Japan and Spain.

I will stick to 100 though and accept the fact it's gonna be a bit more difficult.

I personally think Australia, Japan and Spain are less problematic, the AI are just naturally fast there with their characteristic.

Australia - I could run 100 without much issue, just needs to be a bit more consistent on turn 11-12 (up a gear mid-turn seems to work quite well).

Japan - I've been running 95 and getting more and more comfortable, probably could do 97.

Spain - Always my weaker track, just couldn't find the right setting or just myself couldn't find the right line and pace, 95 is the maximum I could do comfortably.

At the very least the tracks above don't have the same issue like Zandvoort turn 7, where AI coding were probably a bit iffy and they could almost went flatout through there. Spa & Silverstone are less of an issue compare the that corner in Zandvoort, but they're still very very fast on certain corners while other parts of the track they have normal pace.   

All tested as Perez in the RBR car against a strong teammate like Max. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Year i was 95-97 and that puts be 2 seconds down this year i have had to drop to 85-87 when doing a AI comparison test. idk if its just me or if the Ai has been Improved a lot or Just OP..... Cause i was fine last year now i feel like i am ****.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for the replies im feeling a bit less **** now! I might drop it down to nearer 90 and work upwards from there. The kerbs and bumps are still lethal with tc off but hopefully something i’ll get used to

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some experimenting and compared it to real qualifying results.

A difficulty level around 78,79,80 will give the AI real life qualifying pace as far as I can tell. 

One result for example:

Baku 110 AI pole time = 1:36.2

This year's real pole = 1:41.2

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bauer said:

I did some experimenting and compared it to real qualifying results.

A difficulty level around 78,79,80 will give the AI real life qualifying pace as far as I can tell. 

One result for example:

Baku 110 AI pole time = 1:36.2

This year's real pole = 1:41.2

But at the same time you're quite easily a lot quicker than real life as well, so it's hard to base on that to find the right difficulty. Depends on the track, some AI could be a whopping 3-4 seconds faster at 100 difficulty setting.

Edit: I'm definitely too sleepy atm to read 😖

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bauer said:

I did some experimenting and compared it to real qualifying results.

A difficulty level around 78,79,80 will give the AI real life qualifying pace as far as I can tell. 

One result for example:

Baku 110 AI pole time = 1:36.2

This year's real pole = 1:41.2

Is that relevant though? The CAR is faster than real life rather than the AI. Human players can beat real life pole times too.

Edit: cross-posted with @DRTApophis 🙂.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year I was playing between 95 and 98. This year I'm using this

https://www.f1laps.com/ai-difficulty-calculator/

Basically I go to TT, do 4 laps and put my best time in there. Then I take the difficulty suggested and I increase by 4. It varies a bit track by track but not by much.

TT lap must be done with the Merc or enable equal performance.

This site basically is a life-saver.

Cheers

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snowdave65 said:

I use this site to calculate the difficulty 

https://www.f1laps.com/ai-difficulty-calculator/

 

I try it (TT with equal performance) but I have very different levels from 77 to 47 (21 for Monaco but this is another story). My level is normally 70 and I wonder if I have to set the difficulty according to this or leave it at 70 whichever the race. I’m playing GP mode for the moment.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philappleraily said:

I try it (TT with equal performance) but I have very different levels from 77 to 47 (21 for Monaco but this is another story). My level is normally 70 and I wonder if I have to set the difficulty according to this or leave it at 70 whichever the race. I’m playing GP mode for the moment.

Thanks.

You have to train where your level is low and find better setups.👍

My level is 83/84 for many circuits ... 76 for Austria / Zandvoort ... 86 for Monza.

sorry for my English 😊, I'm French 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Snowdave65 said:

You have to train where your level is low and find better setups.👍

My level is 83/84 for many circuits ... 76 for Austria / Zandvoort ... 86 for Monza.

sorry for my English 😊, I'm French 

Thanks for the advices. I’m French too. At least I know where I have to progress.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...