Jump to content Jump to content

Tyres race weekend

Is it me or should all tyres be a available during a race weekend? To me it should just recommend what tyres to use. I find myself getting to qualifying and only having 4 sets of softs when really it should be 5

13 sets, 1 hard and 1 medium goes to the race. 6 from free practice most worn ones goes back. Thats 5 sets remaining. One of it is a medium. I dont know if its mandatory, but on sprint its all softs. From traditional races i dont know if you need the medium one or a team can make a choice, but does it need 5 softs?

15 minutes ago, TheWurzDriver said:

for some reason in practice 1 I have to give back the medium and hard, but then in other practice sessions the AI gets to use them, so if it rains in practice 1 I can't do any race simulations?

Unfortunately thats a gameplay compromise they made. But you can do race strategy with softs.

18 hours ago, TheWurzDriver said:

for some reason in practice 1 I have to give back the medium and hard, but then in other practice sessions the AI gets to use them, so if it rains in practice 1 I can't do any race simulations?

You have to give back your two most worn sets of tires so P1 I like to do a few runs on a set of Softs and Hards and then for P2 I do my Race Sim on Mediums because P2 has weather conditions that will likely occur in the race.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:20 PM, TheWurzDriver said:

The game only recommends those tyres, you can use any set in any session. You will lose the two most worn sets in each session. Nothing stopping you using two sets of softs in FP1. If it is wet simply do one lap on a couple of softs (slowly), the game will take those instead.