Jump to content Jump to content

Why do they get nitrous in 4th/5th gear? We already have poorer traction as players, especially off the line, yet I've noticed coming out of slow/medium speed corners, say the chicane at Spain they're super quick but then there's a phase 2 where they come out of a medium speed curve or set off down the straight and they hit 4th/5th gear and they just shoot off, so your DRS is just crippled because they get this extra dose of super traction that gives them 3/4 tenths for no logical reason. It's not even traction out of the corner, your car is planted and going through the gears and they just bugger off. It's really irritating.

5 minutes ago, TheWurzDriver said:

Why do they get nitrous in 4th/5th gear? We already have poorer traction as players, especially off the line, yet I've noticed coming out of slow/medium speed corners, say the chicane at Spain they're super quick but then there's a phase 2 where they come out of a medium speed curve or set off down the straight and they hit 4th/5th gear and they just shoot off, so your DRS is just crippled because they get this extra dose of super traction that gives them 3/4 tenths for no logical reason. It's not even traction out of the corner, your car is planted and going through the gears and they just bugger off. It's really irritating.

Are you chasing them? Dirty air plays a massive role at making the AI looks way faster than players at certain corners, same for DRS down the straight when they're chasing you while you have clean air ahead, made you "look" powerless in those situation, except you can actually do the same thing to them when the role is switched. 

1 minute ago, DRTApophis said:

Are you chasing them? Dirty air plays a massive role at making the AI looks way faster than players at certain corners, same for DRS down the straight when they're chasing you while you have clean air ahead, made you "look" powerless in those situation, except you can actually do the same thing to them when the role is switched. 

yes, but down a straight my slip stream should be the most powerful thing, yet we all have engine parity in season 2, I have the best powertrain and I can barely catch a guy down the main straight in Spain because he hits 4th/5th gear in a straight line and launches off, it's weird.

1 minute ago, TheWurzDriver said:

yes, but down a straight my slip stream should be the most powerful thing, yet we all have engine parity in season 2, I have the best powertrain and I can barely catch a guy down the main straight in Spain because he hits 4th/5th gear in a straight line and launches off, it's weird.

Last few corners in Spain are notorious of ruining whatever pace the chasing car had because of the dirty air. Drag reduction effect under slipstream condition is also too weak in the vanilla game (only 10%) to compensate the loss of speed on that exit to really do anything, especially if the Ai is also chasing another Ai, which is the DRS train effect that people talked about. 

For the medium speed corners, could you specify which corners you've encountered the issue? There are a few corners in the game that are having problematic AI that the dev are currently taking a look at (Zandvoort turn 7 for example).

Turn 7/8 in Zandvoort, yeah they're too fast and swarm you.

Chicane and last corner in Spain, they're too fast compared to the rest of the lap.

First sector in Japan, especially the S's, they don't suffer understeer or wake through there, they're half a second quicker.

Luffield in Silverstone they have uber traction (like Lewis with Max but every single lap no matter how bad the tyres should be) and then again, don't suffer the understeer or wake through Maggotts and Becketts, they're all over the back of you.

Turn 8 in France they also don't suffer and will divebomb you midway through the corner when nobody overtakes there.

Up Eau Rouge when following too, the human suffers with the dirty air but the AI is up your rear wing by the top of the hill.

Turn 3 at Monza they're also OP even if you get a really clean run out of turn 1/2, but I guess cars do get runs through there and they do give you half a chance sometimes in return with a divebomb, so it's not as bad. But any S shape corner in particular, where dirty air should slow the car behind they plough through and medium speed exits they just get so much better traction whether in front or behind.