Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

Just asking a question. I'm not a pro nor a good player. I consider myself average. This year I'm playing with AI 85-90. My question is: is it normal to struggle with traction? Since 2010 I've never had TC turned on, but in this year's game I'm struggling a lot with traction. AI seems super quick out of corners.

Is it me or you guys feel it too?

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a lot better with traction, though I feel a bit with understeer sometimes. The 2021 AI seems to be the same as the performance in 2020 with the cars, so some corners they fly where the rest they feel like the nominal AI. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with @Hichel18 in this one. We all had to learn how to properly deal with kerbs this year as you cannot ride or even put a wheel on them without modulating your throttle or brake inputs, but traction feels just better this time around.

It's like we can feel the limit of grip better, we have a better reading of when the tires are starting to break traction. I play on the pad with no assists and it feels like I can drive on the edge way more frequently than before. Up to F1 2020 it was almost like if there was a hard limit for breaking traction, a cliff. Obviously we spin and lock up just as spectacularly if we push too much, but we can feel the controller rumbling and the tires slipping/skidding as that limit nears.

If Codies ever decide to roll a Q&A again (@UP100 wink wink 😉) I'm definitely asking them about this too. Was it purely an under the hood change? Did they tweak their haptics and vibrations? Are the sound effects more detailed to feed this info back to the player? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joserdcosta said:

Hello guys,

Just asking a question. I'm not a pro nor a good player. I consider myself average. This year I'm playing with AI 85-90. My question is: is it normal to struggle with traction? Since 2010 I've never had TC turned on, but in this year's game I'm struggling a lot with traction. AI seems super quick out of corners.

Is it me or you guys feel it too?

Cheers

I feel it too. I dont know how people can not feel it. It is the AI, which is incredibly quick out of corners and in quick corners. Looking forward to get this patched.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tomekk92 said:

I feel it too. I dont know how people can not feel it. It is the AI, which is incredibly quick out of corners and in quick corners. Looking forward to get this patched.

Try using higher gear through some of the corners that you thought was suppose to be low-gear ones (so instead of using 3rd, use 4th), and short shift as well. Your goal is be able to go flat on the throttle through the whole exit without wheel spin (Take Australia final turn for example).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Try using higher gear through some of the corners that you thought was suppose to be low-gear ones (so instead of using 3rd, use 4th), and short shift as well. Your goal is be able to go flat on the throttle through the whole exit without wheel spin (Take Australia final turn for example).  

I know 🙂, but it is something different to the past games, that´s what i meant. Playing since 2014...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...