Jump to content Jump to content

What is happening is serious

Hello to all F1 2021 video players, today I wanted to talk to you about something that is bothering me a bit, it's okay to criticize F1 etc ... but remember that if there are new bugs it is because they have implemented too many things (for example braking point) any code can go against each other so I just wanted to say that you have to be patient, I know it's the worst F1 so far but let's remember that all F1s are not born perfect, except in a few cases . Guys, honestly said, it was the worst launch they could do, because the fixes serve to improve a game, look at the 1.05 patch notes, it is very long, even if they are minor things, it means that they are already trying to fix a lot of things. Do you think they notice these problems and not noticed far worse and more visible problems? I do not think so, I am confident but we must not be rushed, we do not put any more pressure, because like all things, if you do things quickly, you will create other bugs.😄

• Disagree 2
15 minutes ago, TCKMODDER said:

put any more pressure

They put the pressure themselves with their financial reason to set a story mode feature (Braking Point) instead of releasing a much more stable game.

I don’t think this is the worst version (handling is very good this year for example), but they made the worst decisions regarding game design and this is why you have an unfinished game.

For me, this is simple as that.

• Agree 1

I disagree. They basically copy paste the code for each year, but you can not be even sure, that the bugs that were fixed in 2020 are fixed in 2021...  And for many of us who have been playing F1 games for many years it's always the same each year.. But this year, it it extreme. Fewer content (yeah yeah Breaking Point..), but so much more bugs or non functional features (the f.. filter in multiplayer for example).

• Agree 1

So guys, who have spent less time on design this year, it is evident, however, as regards the news there are many, the problem of f1 has always been online and will continue to be so since they do not have dedicated servers. But if you are a company, would you improve singleplayer? or would you focus only on multiplayer without adding new features to singleplayer? I will tell you that as a company they do this reasoning well but they cannot continue to neglect multiplayer because it has always been a problem. To work perfectly you must have dedicated servers.

If you just think in Teams Folder there are still LOTUS (aka Renault aka Alpine now), TORO ROSSO etc...you can really realized how much copy&paste there is in the code if they don't even bother to change teams name folder!!!! 😀

• Haha 1
Just now, TCKMODDER said:

But in the end those are seen by the modders, so they can also call a car a "pony", the important thing is that it is done well😂

Which it is not.

1 hour ago, Alastre said:

If you just think in Teams Folder there are still LOTUS (aka Renault aka Alpine now), TORO ROSSO etc...you can really realized how much copy&paste there is in the code if they don't even bother to change teams name folder!!!! 😀

Probably licensing issue! Just kidding. 😜

• Haha 1

the only thing that always work is the "pre order button"! 

I don`t know why people always start this kind of conversation to protect CM...

Its time to protect the customers, who are paying every year full price for the same bugs.

I mean cmon there are the same bugs since F1 2015 was introduced for PS4 and that is caused by laziness. 

• Agree 2
8 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Its time to protect the customers, who are paying every year full price for the same bugs.

I mean cmon there are the same bugs since F1 2015 was introduced for PS4 and that is caused by laziness. 

I do agree it's annoying when you see the same things year in-year out.  However, that's mainly because they evolve the game every year rather than revolutionise it every year.  Copying copious amounts of base code every year instead of writing from scratch cuts out a lot of time and resource so the game would probably be worse for you if they didn't do that.   Like you'd still have bugs because every game that's ever made does but they'd just be different ones. Ones that they can't manage as efficiently as they don't know the characteristics of them as well that can be even more game-breaking. 

Still, understand the pain and hopefully things will change with the progression to Next Gen and marginally additional resources. 

51 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Upper managers are to be blamed, but guess what? They're the most protected species in the World... 💣💣💣

3 hours ago, TCKMODDER said:

Hello to all F1 2021 video players, today I wanted to talk to you about something that is bothering me a bit, it's okay to criticize F1 etc ... but remember that if there are new bugs it is because they have implemented too many things (for example braking point) any code can go against each other so I just wanted to say that you have to be patient, I know it's the worst F1 so far but let's remember that all F1s are not born perfect, except in a few cases . Guys, honestly said, it was the worst launch they could do, because the fixes serve to improve a game, look at the 1.05 patch notes, it is very long, even if they are minor things, it means that they are already trying to fix a lot of things. Do you think they notice these problems and not noticed far worse and more visible problems? I do not think so, I am confident but we must not be rushed, we do not put any more pressure, because like all things, if you do things quickly, you will create other bugs.😄

What the hell are you talking about? It's the best F1 game so far. Stop putting pressure and make assumptions like it's the fault of braking point there is a bug and stop calling it the worst F1 ever because it's not. It's actually the best one ever made. Sure there are some bugs in the game a few weeks after a game with a mandatory yearly cycle is launched. Deal with it. You make it sound like you bought Cyberpunk 2077. 🧐

Guys, remember that Codemasters was bought by EA for a reason, now they have all the money they didn't have before. Certainly EA has not yet made its mark on this game and it shows. But many things should change from next year.

Just now, TCKMODDER said:

Guys, remember that Codemasters was bought by EA for a reason, now they have all the money they didn't have before. Certainly EA has not yet made its mark on this game and it shows. But many things should change from next year.

What is the purpose of this topic? Making more assumptions?

2 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

What the hell are you talking about? It's the best F1 game so far. Stop putting pressure and make assumptions like it's the fault of braking point there is a bug and stop calling it the worst F1 ever because it's not. It's actually the best one ever made. Sure there are some bugs in the game a few weeks after a game with a mandatory yearly cycle is launched. Deal with it. You make it sound like you bought Cyberpunk 2077. 🧐

No, actually I like a mess, but there are many people who complain a lot. But it is also true that to be strong in Monaco I have to drift. On the side of physics it is not in good shape, let's say

2 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Qual è lo scopo di questo argomento? Fare più supposizioni?

No, just if you buy a company and after 3 months a game comes out, you can improve the staff but don't give your footprint, that's all, I'm not saying anything bad😅

F1 2014 and F1 2015. This is not worst. With patch 1.05 it runs a lot better for me on the PS5. I bought my steam version yesterday, I´ve only tested benchmarks with raytracing features. I can only say the next patch will come. A new testbranch will tested by the QA. The second day now. Main Testbranch is mostly a new update.

42 minutes ago, TCKMODDER said:

No, solo se compri un'azienda e dopo 3 mesi esce un gioco, puoi migliorare lo staff ma non dare la tua impronta, tutto qui, non dico niente di male😅

There's a bug in the forum: quotes translated into Italian. :classic_laugh:

58 minutes ago, TCKMODDER said:

Guys, remember that Codemasters was bought by EA for a reason

Yes. Presumably because EA felt it would make them money. Not sure what this has to do with anything being talked about here though 🙂.

1 hour ago, TCKMODDER said:

They bought it to make money, not spend it.   There will be more resources and finances available but they'll only put in less than they think they'll get back from their investment.  There does seem to be an assumption that EA will be flinging money at the next games like Codemasters is its favourite stripper and everything will be fixed. It won't. 

The strength of the game is that it's the only game licensed to be the official one of the sport. However, that's also a weakness as improvements tend to be necessitated by competition.   EA bought it because it's cornering the market but only those who like F1 style racing games will play F1 style racing games. It's not exactly a market teeming with growth unless you bring in other demographics by sacrificing your current style and bringing in things like Braking Point which your existing playerbase may not be enthralled by.

This is the best iteration yet and next year should be better... but it's not going to blow everyones socks off as there'll still be things not working / not included / etc.